Engine fitment times seem excessive

I’ve been trying to play the light campaign as a supercar manufacturer, but I’m having issues once I get to around the 80s. All of a sudden engine fitment times shoot through the roof, the other day I saw over 270 months for engine fitment, and it wasn’t anything crazy just a turbo V8 going in a medium sized car. Sometimes I’ll do a facelift on a car that’s had the same engine for a decade and all of a sudden it take 20 years to fit the motor.

If I had to guess there’s some bug where it’s multiplying time by the year, or something similar to the safety design bug.

Either way, it’s a bummer when you can design an entire car and engine in 40 months but then it takes another 10 years to fit the motor to the car.

That’s something to look into, yes. I’ll put it on my list.
Total cooling requirement as function of year and engine bay fill factor is what should determine engine fitting time. Probably also aerodynamics quality slider, as that is responsible for cooling.
You should be expecting loads of time for building proper hypercars though. They didn’t figure out how to cool the Veyron overnight :stuck_out_tongue: rather it took many many years.

Haha, yes I expect to have to spend much more time making higher end cars than the shitboxes I’ve been watching you make with the tractor company on youtube. :slight_smile:

However 10 to 20 years to fit an engine seems off when it only takes 3 to 4 years to design the entire car! lol

Is there something I can check in the meantime to lower fitment times? You mentioned cooling and aerodynamics?