Engine Recreation Thread

Nissan VQ30DE 3.0L V6 most commonly found in the 1995-1999 Nissan Maxima

https://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/nissan/maxima/1997/oem/1997_nissan_maxima_sedan_se_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

1 Like

Time for a brand new pushrod Monster…

Ford’s 7.3L Godzilla V8

IRL:
430 HP at 5500 rpm
475 ft-lbs at 4000 rpm
4.22 inch Bore
3.976 inch Stroke
445ci / 7.3L
Iron Block with Aluminum (alloy) Heads.
10.5:1 Compression Ratio
Variable Cam Tech.
Multi Port EFI

Automation Differences:
430hp at 5800rpm
486lb-ft at 3500rpm
10.8 to 1 Compression
95 RON Gasoline
3 inch dual exhaust with catalytic converters, straight and reverse mufflers.
(the 430hp irl rating is SAE NET with all accessories and full exhaust.)
Only a 45 for cam profile with VVT.
Heavy Duty Forged Short Block. (pistons, crank, rods)

Just a disclaimer: automation is not a true simulation, so this replica engine built as close as I could get it to the IRL counterpart with some slight discrepancies to better suit Automation.

(Here’s the transfer truck which contains the engine.)
Transfer_-_Trim_25.car (14.3 KB)

2 Likes

I’d like to propose a challenge, if possible.

Can anyone try to recreate a Brazilian Chevrolet engine?
It’s an Inline 4 SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 71mm bore, 62.9mm stroke (it’s a 999cc), runs on regular Brazilian pump gas (around 87 RON) and an IMPRESSIVE 12.6:1 COMPRESSION RATIO. Originally, it has 70hp @ 6400rpm and 86.3Nm @ 3000rpm.

I tried it myself. Couldn’t do it. I don’t freaking know what GM did on this engine.

2 Likes

bet

This was the best I could do with that…

The interwebs called it a “GM Family 1, X10YFH”

Hi, I am trying to recreate a Toyota Yaris engine but I am struggling to get both the HP and Torque to match the real world figures of the engine the car uses. I am trying to build the European variant of the 2SZ-FE engine for the 2003-2005 Toyota Yaris T3 VVT-i.

This is the best I could do by trying to stay as close to the real world specs I could find on the internet:

It seems in order to get the torque to be up to 4200 rpm I need to use VVL but I don’t think the engine has that, it just uses Toyota’s version of VVT and if I use VVL then that makes the HP shoot up beyond the 86 at 6000 rpm I need.

I am going off these figures for the 1.3 engine: https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-yaris-more-safety-style-comfort-and-performance/. I also found this page which goes into a little more detail about the engine: Toyota SZ series engines.

I am new to the game in general and to anything to do with building engines or cars so please can someone let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks very much.