Engine swaps-what do you like?and where would you put it?

So ya the tittle says everything me and u can tell e im too mainstream but ill love to 2jz a Datsun 240z .

BMW V10 into Z3. youtube.com/watch?v=1-xAY63i8Ww

1 Like

If I had to drive it:

• Honda K24W7, K20C0 or R18A2 in CR-Z
  • Subaru FA20F in BRZ

If I win a lot of money:

• all-electric Corvette
  • 3-phase grid connection into house (to charge Corvette)

2zz-gze in a early 90’s corolla.

1 Like

Toyota GT-86 with the 3.5l V6 (2GR-FE) from the Camry.

Suzuki Cappuccino with R6 engine.

I’d do a similar Corolla style thing, but I’d probably say 2ZZ-GE supercharger into a late 90s bug eyed Corolla G6.

Just as it’s something a tiny bit different from the usual 3S-GE Corolla swaps.

1 Like

Because there’s something REALLY wrong with me…

a Hyundai Lambda II RS GDi into an AMC Gremlin.

2 Likes

Gobalt SS 6.0L

I mean, if I had nothing but money and time. Sure it’s already been done by this guy, but that doesn’t make it any less awesome!

And here’s the build thread. Holy balls, that’s right up my alley, if I even knew the first thing about restoring cars…

I wonder how that would compare with a 370Z. Although the 2GR-FSE from the IS 350/GS 350/Mark X would be more appropriate, seeing as it’s designed to be installed longitudinally.

Now I’m curious as to whether the 2UR-GSE (IS F, RC F) would fit into the 86 engine bay.

I once found the perfect engine for a swap in my 240Z, but I procrastinated until it was gone, and I’ll likely never find another one for sale at anything near a reasonable price.

It was a 4.9L DOHC Maserati V8 with factory Weber carbs. Now I know what you’re thinking: Thats just madness. why not something more common like a LSx motor or a 5L ford? well those motors are just BORING. :stuck_out_tongue: Nobody wants to see another boring 240Z with an LS motor in it… thats just too mainstream… :laughing:

Also owning a Datsun with an engine that usually is found in rare cars that sell for upwards to $100,000 would have been quite satisfying. :sunglasses:

Also OP, why not an RB motor in a 240Z?.. 2JZ is blasphemy to Nissan enthusiasts.

1 Like

I like roadkill’s “rotsun” idea, swapping in a 4.3 Chevy v6 with a ford power stroke turbo. A 240z rat rod :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honda K24 into a MK1 MR2 :smiling_imp:

Ecotec 2.0T into a 240. Never been done, just wanna confuse people.

Audi 3.0 TDI engine (the single-turbocharged one with 245hp) into a Mk III Golf Diesel. Surprise all the GTI owners when they suddenly find themselves being beaten by a Diesel :smiling_imp:

Ford 5.0 Coyote in a MK1 Focus. Ford V8’s have already been fitted a long time ago, but i’ve never heard of a newer 5.0, it would absolutely rule.

Now I want to know if it’s possible to put a 6.6L GM Duramax V8 turbodiesel into a Corvette Stingray.

Anything is possible. The link I posted above for GobaltSS is a Chevy Cobalt with a 5.7L RWD 6 speed (from a Pontiac GTO) where a 2.0L FWD 5 speed once resided.

I don’t know about corvettes but there’s plenty of old muscle out there rolling coal.

These aren’t necessarily high power swaps… But a 22RE into my Jeep, or a 4cyl ecoboost.

Nothing like dropping 2-300 lbs of weight off the front even though those engines don’t make as much torque down low. It might even free up enough room in the driveline to put an additional range box.

[quote=“Zabhawkin”]These aren’t necessarily high power swaps… But a 22RE into my Jeep, or a 4cyl ecoboost.

Nothing like dropping 2-300 lbs of weight off the front even though those engines don’t make as much torque down low. It might even free up enough room in the driveline to put an additional range box.[/quote]

22R-E would be pretty great, as you say not a ton of power but absolutely bomproof old engines.