Engine swaps-what do you like?and where would you put it?

300HP B16 Mugen on a Morris Mini
Yes… It’s Mr.Bean’s car with B16

I would love to put a 4.0 L AMC inline 6 in most any half ton truck. Use to drive a Cherokee with a straight 6 and have missed it ever since.

That sounds rather self-defeating, most other trucks will have better engines in them already! Just buy another Cherokee and save yourself the hassle IMO :smiley:

Take the V6 from the 04 to 06 nissan lineup of Altimas/Maximas/etc, supercharge it, and stick it in an old 90s toyota corolla. Lovely performance engine (VVT, DOHC, pretty aggressive cam profile compared to others, etc) with a supercharger, loaded into a regular commuter? That’s what I call a fun mix. :3

Why switch manufacturers when Toyota made a nice potent supercharged 3.5 dohc v6 themselves?

Sometimes it’s actually easier to swap in a different manufacturer’s engine. Hence the popularity of Chevrolet V8 swaps.

Engines that aren’t sold in crate form occasionally require the entire donor car’s electronic systems (including things like the dashboard) to be swapped over.

[quote=“Sayonara”]Sometimes it’s actually easier to swap in a different manufacturer’s engine. Hence the popularity of Chevrolet V8 swaps.

Engines that aren’t sold in crate form occasionally require the entire donor car’s electronic systems (including things like the dashboard) to be swapped over.[/quote]

I dislike the throw a Chevy SBC in everything mentality. The distributor is on the wrong side of the engine.

People still use distributors?!

[quote=“Lordred”][quote=“Sayonara”]Sometimes it’s actually easier to swap in a different manufacturer’s engine. Hence the popularity of Chevrolet V8 swaps.

Engines that aren’t sold in crate form occasionally require the entire donor car’s electronic systems (including things like the dashboard) to be swapped over.[/quote]

I dislike the throw a Chevy SBC in everything mentality. The distributor is on the wrong side of the engine.[/quote]

As if there weren’t Ford loyalists who say the same thing about small block fords! :wink:

In production cars? no.

But over here, the big three still sale long block crate engines of old families.

Chevy still sales its Small Block, and Big Block (covering displacements of 327cid to 572cid)
Ford still sales its Small Block. (302cid to 351cid)
Chrysler still sales its Big Block Hemi. (426cid and up)

All of these engines utilize a distributor, and are pushrod motors. Most of them make obscene HP.

But long gone are the points and condensors, these distributors all use a halifax or magpulse to fire the coil.

The newer motors by the big three are all COP with Cam and crank sensors, but chevy still uses Pushrods, while Chrysler and Ford have gone OHC.

Only ford has fully abandoned pushrods in their gas engines, the HEMI is still a OHV.

The new Hemi is pushrod, while the 4.7L is OHC (and a hemi) ya go figure.

The 4.7 was a power tech series not a HEMI, but their large displacement OHV magnum series 5.2 and 5.9 were still being made until the modern HEMI replaced them.

Ahh yes, my chrysler fuu is weak some times. Thanks for the correction.

Another engine swap i thought would be nice the other day…

Put the 370Z VQ37DE (plus six speed 'box etc.) into either a S30 Zed or S13 180SX!!! :smiley: :geek: :sunglasses: :geek: :smiley:

how about the ecoboost V6 from the F-150 into a second generation dodge grand caravan?

EDIT: this guy one-upped anyone else with a minivan: youtube.com/watch?v=n40ve4VVqVc

My dream has always been to put an S54B32 into an E30 M3.

That would be an excellent conversion; powerful and elegant all rolled up in one badass package! :sunglasses:

3.0 V8 Engine from a Lamborghini Uracco(P300)+ BMW M1 Body = BMW lamborghini???(Like mclaren Mercedes)

Here’s one that might not get the most positive reactions. I’d buy an S15 Silvia and put the engine and gearbox from an E39 M5 in it.