Erin and ErinSport - Historical Thread ['62 Erin Ghaleda]

It’s always great to read the lore behind each model and how the company was doing back then. It looks rather nice from the back and the Statesman trim really brings the whole design up quite nicely.

The 2000s were an interesting time for automation brands. I think the Maesima NL992/Senatos would have actually attempted to compete against the Statesman for the premium segment. Although since it never got a V8 it wouldn’t have ever had the performance or prestige to match up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words :blush: I really do believe that lore and story are what really makes a car. Plus it’s a chance to do some story telling, always fun!

I’d love to see the Senatos from the 2000s if you ever get a chance to make it. See how the old Berlose matched up against its rivals :smiley:

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. In fact, I believe the most successful companies on here work because they have such interesting stories to tell be it the plucky successes or mismanaged stumbles. Plus as you say it’s more fun that way.

I’ve already, for the most part, created all of the Maesima vehicles :wink: But of course my presentation style takes me a bit longer than I’d like and I’m not sure if I wanted to split the historical models into a separate thread or keep them on the Maesima one. I fear the Berlose probably would have given the Senatos a good thrashing back in the day :joy:

1 Like

cough saminda cough

4 Likes

@Rk38 I reckon split threads would be a good way of doing things. It’s what I’m planning to do once UE4 is here and I start remaking all my cars :confounded:

Thing is though, if your presentaiton style is taking a while, it’s probably because it’s very good :stuck_out_tongue:

And who knows. I mean I’d like to think it was a good car :wink:

@Speedemon What ever are you insinuating(!) :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

#News just in: Erin releasing a facelifted Aventa, calling it “their Christmas present to everyone”
At the last minute, with just 4 hours before they shut down until the new year, Erin’s PR department announced that a facelifted version of the Aventa would be going on sale in January 2017, with “orders being taken in time for Christmas”. It seems that the only thing budding new owners will actually get in time for the big day are the keys to their new wheels, but at least they’ll have something to look forward to come next month.

2017 Erin Aventa Lex 5.0 in Pacific Ocean Blue

#2017 Erin Aventa
Erin’s luxury limousine first arrived all the way back in 2011, sporting the bold new design style that can now be found across the company’s range, and the time has come to give it a new lease of life. A number of changes have been made, which are as follows.

###Minor styling changes
The aesthetics of the Aventa have been brought into line with the 2nd Gen 2010s design style (we never bothered to come up with a name), meaning sharper headlights, some chrome vents on the bonnet, a new side indicator design and slightly reworked rear end.

2017 Erin Super Aventa in Midnight Shadow Black

###A new trim with a new engine
A new entry level trim - if you can call it that - is being introduced, and its offered with a brand new 5.0l V8 bi-turbo. This came about from the Eco-V8 Research Program from earlier this year, and the results have been excellent. Thanks to its twin turbos, VVT/L technology and fine tuning, this 345 hp unit will deliver a combined 40 mpg on the road, even with the car weighing over 2 tons, proving both that luxury barges needn’t be expensive to run and that the V8 still has a place in European cars today.

Pureron 5.0l V8 TDi SingC stats page

###All new interior
Redesigned upholstery, new seats, the latest version of TapTouch™ (on an exclusive 11" touch screen display), plus a whole host of new toys and gadgets and much more is now available for the Aventa on all trim levels. A selection of the features can be found here:
[hide]
Heated massage reclining seats for front and rear
Rear seat media and sat-nav control
360 degrees viewing cameras
Champagne cooler with champagne flute storage
Wireless charging pads and USB charging ports
Mood lighting
Adjustable sound proofing - choose how much you want to hear engine noise and sounds from outside.
Dual sunroofs with adjustable darkening
12 monitor Harman International sound system with
Full colour HUD with in-built sat-nav, radio, phone, speed, road condition and safety system functionality
3TB on-board flash storage for films, music and TV.
Choice of metal, wood or composite interior finish - custom designs available on Super Aventa trim
Full voice control, powered by Gecko™ - use it to do everything from changing the radio to entering sat-nav directions to closing the power-assisted doors.
[/hide]

And perhaps the biggest change of all…
###The Super Aventa is now one of the worlds most powerful 4 door production vehicle*
*As far as we know. We’d love to hear from any challengers to this claim!
As if the 630 hp super saloon couldn’t get any more bonkers, the technicians at the X Department have tweaked the 5.8l V12 so that it’s now knocking out some 706 hp. While the top speed has only gone up by 4 mph (to a mere 224 mph), it now accelerates from 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, meaning in a straight line, it’ll outrun the Tauga X and keep pace with the Scarlet X too…

So, it’s as lavish and as well equipped as a business jet, and now very nearly as fast too. Yet, the price is still very nearly the same.

2017 Erin Super Aventa in Midnight Shadow Black

##Trims, Pricing and Stats
All cars are offered with the same equipment and options list, with the only changes between trims coming from engines and interior design, as explained below.

Lex 5.0l Eco - From £60300
The world’s most efficient luxury limousine. Specially designed lightweight interior that exchanges some higher-quality materials for innovative material-reducing design that reduces weight and increases sense of space.
Engine: Pureron 5.0l V8 TDi SingC (345 hp)

Vox 5.1l - From £69966
The most well-rounded trim in the range, offering all the luxury in a very usable package. Plethora of interior options available, plus an excellent balance of performance and smoothness from the i6 engine.
Engine: Pureron 5.1l i6 TDi TwinC (399 hp)

Super Aventa - From £121800
Even more powerful and even faster, still just as groundbreaking. A landmark achievement in luxury performance, the Super Aventa is more akin to a 4 door GT car than a limousine, yet still offers the wealth of luxury expected at this end of the market.
Engine: Pureron Power 5.8l V12 RDi TwinC

Transmission choice
8 Speed Erin PureShift Auto
7 Speed X Tune DCT (as found on the Erin Scarlet and Tauga X)

All connected to an e-LSD at the rear.

2017 Erin Aventa Vox 5.1 in Rouge Royale

So there we are, Erin’s slightly early Christmas present. Don’t think that we’re just doing facelifts of our current cars (though there will be a few more of those next year), we have the new Visto on the way, a few special versions of the Tauga X and Merna X to look forward to and, with any luck, the biggest return to motorsport in Erin’s history. Stay tuned folks :wink:

11 Likes

Well, the new IMP Opera Velocitas has a 6.7L Twin Turbo V8 officially rated at 670hp and 900Nm.

5 Likes

Excellent. We have a challenger! :imp:

2 Likes

If only my tyres lasted long enough for a full comparison.

2 Likes

Ah, I should have made the latest Zavir Squalo for Paris Show. It has about 760 hp (if I remember correctly) from a naturally aspirated 6.3 V12 in its top Sportivo trim :slight_smile:

And who would have thought that just yesterday I was thinking that we should have more modern top luxury cars :slight_smile:

And is it a KHT V8?

1 Like

@Awildgermanappears Well, these sorts of cars tend to have a rich owners. I’m sure we could afford a few extra sets :stuck_out_tongue:

@szafirowy01 I would love to see that, especially given that it’s even more powerful :smile:

Sadly not a KHT V8, though I’m sure it can be counted as the great great grandchild of the KHT V8 from the Statesman

I fear this may be the C2000R all over again…

In the world claims never go well in this forum…

In any case the SSP Trim of the 2016 Hadron sedan and Axino SUV has about 720 HP on tap so thats nice to finally be joined in the super performance luxury segment.

2 Likes

Superb to hear, I think I’ll adjust the claim I made then :wink:

I do hope it doesn’t end up like the C2000R. I mean, in this case, at least there’ll actually be some cars on sale rather than just laptimes :stuck_out_tongue:

@Awildgermanappears @DeusExMackia I’ve got a 750hp 2.5 ton luxury beast with a 6.9L twin-turbo V12
http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/cavallera-motor-and-design-company-69-rmw-cavallera-gamma-lyra-released/17986/284

That’s right, 753hp and 875Nm of torque so ya’lls can fak off

4 Likes

753hp and 875Nm so y’alls can fak off

Huehuehue…

Did someone said C2000R ?

Saminda really suck at keeping up with us enthusiast , it’s talk of the town during last few months ago, but now no one really cares when it take so fking long to release.

When enthusiasts actually buy them instead of waiting for depreciation on the used market, they will.

4 Likes

If this turns into another stupid power war, I’m out.

Just consider this, the quickest Bentley, the Continental GT Speed only has 635hp and weighs in at about 2.2 tons… no one ever called that slow. Why do you need 1khp or whatever ridiculous power figure at all?

2 Likes

Not my business. I will not advertise the actual output of my engine. Even conservatively rated it’s far beyond adequate.

That’s why I’m not ever going to claim that my cars are the best in the world in anything measurable - but rather that they are one of the best :slight_smile:

3 Likes