Exporting cars to other softwares (Dev Questions, etc) (SOLVED)

Hey.

I don’t know if the devs count on upgrading the rendering process or engine, to make the renders more realistic…

So, I figured out it would be simpler to be able to convert a .car file to a .iges, .step for example. It would allow us to re-map textures and colors, in Keyshot f.e. Thus, the renderings would look a lot more professional, since the texturing ability of Keyshot and Rhino and other programs is far more advanced than the Automation one. Thanks for reading, and tell me what you think about that.

@Killrob @zeussy

…Simpler than just sticking to the current plan?

No, it would be simpler to export cars to another software, rather than upgrading the rending part of automation

That sounds like a lot of work for no benefit to the core game - in other words: not feasible. :slight_smile:
The .car file does not include any actual 3D model or graphics. The BeamNG export does.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Killrob :blush: So, do you plan to improve in game photos ? Or even the optimisation of the game? Because my pc can run far 5 on high at 50-60fps but I get 40fps on medium-low… maybe that’s why my pics don’t look so good

Of course we’re going to optimize a bit more where possible and feasible. There is no need for a high frame rate in a tycoon game though, so we focus our attention on things that matter more, like gameplay and features.

Also, don’t underestimate how complex the stuff on screen is, comparing it to other games that move fast can be deceiving, the movement can hide a lot of lack of detail :slight_smile: and it doesn’t matter to framerate.

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying everything :blush: have a nice day