Extending Production Years Beyond 2020

Now that we’re getting into 2019, we probably need the production years to be extended beyond 2020, maybe to 2025 at the least. Especially since in 2019, vehicles of the 2020 model year will be already being worked on, which is the upper limit in-game currently.

Some other things to add would be 10-speed Automatics (2017) and 8-speed DCTs (2015). A CVT option would also be nice, but it seems like it would be much harder to get added in properly in comparison to simply adding onto existing transmission options. Honda also uses a 9-speed DCT on the NSX, but at that point it may be overkill to add (since I cant think of any other cars that use it). But hey, I also can’t think of very many cars that use a 7-speed manual. And as for the BeamNG exporter, adding in support for Beam’s new launch control feature would be really great too.

18 Likes

A feature I think would actually be super useful would be start/stop system for extra mpg among other things.

10 Likes

I don’t know about increasing mpg, since when you’re sitting stopped, you aren’t actually traveling any distance. But it could be an interesting thing to add that could increase desirability in certain regions/countries.

4 Likes

If you navigate through the forums, you’ll see than in certain posts the devs mention that the features of the car and engine designer are pretty much done (except by the force induction revamp) and only suggestions are taking into consideration are those related to the campaign mode…

2 Likes

Makes sense, however I definitely feel like it’s still missing some things. I do hope we will get more years to work with beyond 2020 though,

3 Likes

Semi self driving cars? Driving assist?

1 Like

I’m not sure how you could go beyond 2020 without adding hybrid and electric powertrains-even F1 cars are hybrids now

1 Like

I’m actually just in the process of writing a new updated FAQ, and this question made it in.

9. Extend the game to beyond year 2020?

For the core game we do not plan to expand the year range, we don’t want to spread the existing content thin, rather we focus on making the game the best we can in the existing year range. If Automation is successful enough and we get around to making an expansion for the game that includes electrics and hybrids, it would make sense to extend the year range, for example, to 2040.

15 Likes