Felman pack (Cosworth-like)

Replace the preexisting script with this one. :slight_smile:
bones.lua (1.78 KB)

Yeah, nevermind. The coloured B pillar has grown on me :smiley:

Great job, but one thing I noticed is that the lips on the front canā€™t go low enough with the new bones? :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: nvm, need to pull out the ā€œlipā€ section, which is a shame really, gets the lip too low to my taste

Given thatā€™s a cosmetic thing, you can always fiddle with the bones yourself, unless of course that would make the morphing go funnyā€¦

The coloured B pillar kind of reminds me of the coloured reverse shark fin of the Citroen DS3.

[quote=ā€œFelgenā€]

That was my original plan. However, since the plastic material is very flat, it looked exactly like the soft top.[/quote]

You can use the vents to cover the pilar in chrome or plastic. I was trying the plastic and you are right, looks like itā€™s fabric.

What I like: the overallshape. The soft top is really well made. Those morphing zones to extend the bumper height, genius, all models should have them and they should influence aerodynamic the off road capability(something I already complained to the devs).

What I donā€™t like: The wheel flares look to squared out when you pull them, they arenā€™t smooth, the material either gets pulled or not, there isnā€™t an in-between. The bonnet/panel gap is sticking out on the light fixtures. Doesnā€™t have a thumbnail.

You do more progress alone than the developer team.

[quote=ā€œPMP1337ā€]
You do more progress alone than the developer team.[/quote]

Seriously?
Are you serious here now or joking?
We have a lot more important stuff to do than making almost unlimited car bodiesā€¦
You probably noticed the lack of descriptions right? Or still a bit messy UI here and there? Or that Andrew still has a TON of cars to skin and integrate?

Look at how long Felgen needs for making a single car - he took 6 days to make the beta, which is pretty quick, my Polonez took me almost 3 weeks. I donā€™t know how long he worked on it daily however, but from what I know Andrew is busy for 3 work days to make a car-model somewhat good and morphable, with 8h daily. Its not an easy work, and Felgen does a really great job on his side!

But right now there are WAY MORE important things than car bodies to do for the teamā€¦

You turn into the next Alfa_Dave right now.

Plot twist: He is Alfa Dave with a different nickname xD

No but seriously PMP, you have no clue what you just said.
Maybe you could do some research on the internet on how DECENT games are made? You think they just sit in their bloody armchair watching TV all day and seeing their bankaccounts fill from our money?
No, they absolutely donā€™t.

Take a look at the game you currently have. Think about all the calculations in the engine designer, every single part you see there is modelled, every animation you see has to be made, the calculations have to be converted to codeā€¦ andā€¦andā€¦andā€¦

Please please please, I donā€™t want to sound rude, but if you do not know what you are talking about, shut it.

Ontopic:
As for Felgen, yes he is doing a decent job. Iā€™m currently trying to make these fixtures that go with the car (see image) and get them to work ingame.
We try to get the standard fixtures and the sporty fixtures all there in the complete Ford Cosworth pack, so please be patient as we try to make this as complete as possible! :smiley:

1 Like

I was thinking whether I should reply to this or not, but I will.

PMP1337: The constructive criticism is good, but constantly taking shots at other members and the dev team is simply unnecessary. Itā€™s not that itā€™s bad to give a negative opinion, but itā€™s the manner in which you give those opinions that have to stop. Seriously, the developers have 100 other things that hold a higher priority than making bodies. If they focused their time on making bodies and releasing them just to feed your personal needs, the game would never get done. Thatā€™s exactly why Andy produced the 3D modelling tutorials, so they can utilise the skills of the community to provide additional content while the devs focus their time on more pressing matters.

You just take things to far, just be careful. Too many posts like these and a ban wouldnā€™t be out of the question. This forum is the best thing related to Automation, and as such, people like to see the forum and itā€™s users and posts filled with maturity and overall well-mannered people.

1 Like

He just received an official forum warning from me. I hope he stops that behavior, ya know? Itā€™s not like heā€™s right even if we take the body making into account alone.

Now, not to derail the thread. Thatā€™s some great job. I always liked the soft-top convertibles, and this is no exception.

Iā€™d like to direct your attention at one thing that might seem irrelevant at first - the naming. It blends nicely into the vanilla naming, and while that looks all professional, it poses a significant risk of incompatibility with the next update - imagine, just hypothethically, Daffy doing some new 90ā€™s hatch (which would obviously be named 90Hatch04) and putting it in beta before you even made this thread. Or some other modder deciding on the same naming. It could cause some problems, ya know.

There is no conflict so far, and with your models being so good that they will almost definitely get in vanilla content (unless you disagree), there wonā€™t be one for work you did so far, but it is something you need to be aware of. Adding your nickname before the fixture name (or coming up with some unusual one, like ā€œDriftvanSWBā€) works pretty well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for pointing this out, Kubby.

We will definetly give it a suitable name that isnā€™t copyrighted.

[quote=ā€œpyrlixā€]

[quote=ā€œPMP1337ā€]
You do more progress alone than the developer team.[/quote]

Seriously?
Are you serious here now or joking? [/quote]

I was trying to be nice to him. He is seriously the best modder in here. His work quality is good and he creates a lot of content.
In terms of bodies he sure is pumping a lot more the the devs. Obviously the dev bodies have a better quality. The developers created the modding tutorials for a reason.
I was merely complementing Felgen on his work.

[quote=ā€œPlebā€]I was thinking whether I should reply to this or not, but I will.

PMP1337: The constructive criticism is good, but constantly taking shots at other members and the dev team is simply unnecessary. Itā€™s not that itā€™s bad to give a negative opinion, but itā€™s the manner in which you give those opinions that have to stop. Seriously, the developers have 100 other things that hold a higher priority than making bodies. If they focused their time on making bodies and releasing them just to feed your personal needs, the game would never get done. Thatā€™s exactly why Andy produced the 3D modelling tutorials, so they can utilise the skills of the community to provide additional content while the devs focus their time on more pressing matters.

You just take things to far, just be careful. Too many posts like these and a ban wouldnā€™t be out of the question. This forum is the best thing related to Automation, and as such, people like to see the forum and itā€™s users and posts filled with maturity and overall well-mannered people.[/quote]

I never attacked no-one. Never been rude to no one. All I did was express my opinion. Why should I get banned? Because Iā€™m not one more user on the user count that keeps posting ā€¦ :open_mouth: ] after the dev on the suggestion board to increase post count? Or posts thankful posts in here without reviewing the mods? Which rule did I inflict?

This case particularly. The mod doesnā€™t have a thumbnail. Ever considered that probably some users want to be told about this before they DL? Or maybe they donā€™t like DLing something until someone tells what it has and what it doesnā€™t.
I did what I thought was an objective review. Apart from the ā€œYou do more work alone than the devsā€. If that offended you I take it backā€¦

If you guys want to keep talking about be open a thread in off-topic(maybe you have, I donā€™t visit off-topicā€¦). What I genuinely want from you guys is to see someone being critic. The only one so far on this to do it was Microwave. He had a critic and it was even something that showed how much tough Felgen puts into his work.
Donā€™t you see something? When you only thank people and never give opinion you never get to see why sometimes things were made the way they are and other times something could have escaped to the person that did the work.

You missed my point.

I was happy with your constructive criticism, thatā€™s a good thing and a refreshing approach that I donā€™t see often here. :slight_smile: I wasnā€™t claiming you were attacking Felgen, because you were doing quite the opposite, and Felgen has no reason to be attacked anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

What I was criticizing was the general nature of some of your posts. Often you complain thoughtlessly, or post in quite a rude manner towards some people at times. The only part of your last post that I didnā€™t like was the comment about Felgen progressing faster than devs, solely because you put no thought into considering the immense amount of work the devs need to put into all other aspects of the game as well as car bodies.

But These are the kind of posts that generally concern me:

Itā€™s good that you at least said ā€˜no offenceā€™, but even then, some people may take some offence to it anyway, so it would have been better to leave that part of the post out entirely, just my opinion.

Another thing I donā€™t like is meaningless complaining:

[quote=ā€œPMP1337ā€]Iā€™m finishing mechanical engineering. You are preaching to the priest here.
I know all about spring compression and using SI units.
But this is a game, not an engineering software. You have to drop the scientific douchebaggery and make concessions for normal people to get a better understanding.

BTW, Dragwan, kgf is a measurement of force. So if it rustles your jimmies so much just have kgf/mm. There, just like in granturismo so people can copy setups.[/quote]

And one of my personal favouritesā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œPMP1337ā€]What? The cars with the most marketshare on the HotHatch group have 0 sportiness!!! Thatā€™s ridiculous! :angry:
I feel cheated![/quote]

Sorry for all the quoted posts, but this is exactly the kind of thing Iā€™m talking about. Your blunt nature of some posts, and general complaining. And itā€™s not just you donā€™t worry, thereā€™s a couple of others just like this who have long since disappeared.

On the bright side, your other posts actually take quite a refreshing approach of good-natured banter and constructive criticism, which is what I was complimenting:

[quote=ā€œPMP1337ā€]

[quote=ā€œRobtheFiendā€]
It had a all alloy DOHC 32 valve engine designed by Lotus and built by Mercruicer.

Chevy could not make such advanced engines on their own at that time. :wink:[/quote]

They still canā€™t. :laughing:

ā€¦jk[/quote]

More of THIS^^ please. :smiley:

I hope I got my point across now :stuck_out_tongue:

I appreciate PMP1337ā€™s feedback, and Iā€™ve used some of it for my revised version of the Lotus, which will be ready in a day or two. :slight_smile:

Speaking as an engineer myself, software development is not at all what people think it is, and interaction design, debugging (this especially can be a major pain in the ass), planning, storyboards, problem solving, and so on, takes a lot more time than writing the code or modelling the cars and the parts do.

on a more on topic note,

are the non convertible versions ready for game play yet? Forgive me if I missed the download link somewhere lol

can i download the cosworth pack ???

You can download the convertible. :slight_smile: The other bodystyles are coming, but there are some bugs that need to be taken care of first.

any updates on the non convertible?

I am equally curious

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but any chance of having this available on the Steam workshop?

Iā€™ll start reworking it once the non-SAAB is finished. :slight_smile: Havenā€™t heard from Wizzy in a while.

1 Like