First car for my son

7 Likes

Ankomst Automotive is happy to announce that we are currently working on an all new 2017 automobile that will be perfectly at home in narrow European streets, provide exceptional fuel economy and emissions, and still provide enough pep for weekend driving. Expect a full brochure in the next day or so!

Totally did not take the photo from the first postā€¦

But anyways, heres the EADC Weasel 2017, a small little hatchback, with a small and efficient 1.1L engine producing 77HP with an average MPG of 56 (UK). In addition, the Weasel has 4 doors, standard 5 seats, although this basic model has basic infotainment, it has traction control, ABS and Electronic Stability as standard. The safety has been given 5 stars from Euro NCAP, ensuring the safety of all passengers on board. Prices start from ā‚¬15,470.

13 Likes

Great to see the Weasel entering, itā€™s such a good looking car!

1 Like

Ankomst Automotive would like to introduce the Momento, our newest 2017 coupe. This two door, four seater is perfect for small European cities, with its retractable roof, impressive fuel economy, and compact frame. We currently offer two trim packages for the Momento, the Standard package and the CitySport package.

We recommend the CitySport package for teen drivers looking to make a statement. We have provided information on the base model of the car for reference to the benefits of the more expensive model.

EDIT: Updated entry, cheaper but better!

EDIT2: Final revision of CitySport package.

8 Likes

I think we should agree that a second hand Erin Visto is what the guys really wants :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait, can we enter multiple cars? Or only one of @TheBobWileyā€™s was entered?

Its implied that his son would want the CitySport package, I just put up the base model for reference to a ā€œbaseā€ version of the car.

2 Likes

It doesnt say anywhere thoughā€¦

Updated post to reflect that the CitySport version is my entry.

1 Like

If the CitySport is $18,460 then it is above the $18,000 limit of the rules.

Suggestions: -Price around 18000$ (30% markup)
Itā€™s implied that the price could exceed $18,000.

I guess it is in how you interpret the sentence. I know if I have $18,000 then I donā€™t have $18,460, but I do have $17.460 which is also around $18,000.

Itā€™s a rare situation where someone sets their expected price at precisely the absolute maximum they would ever consider spending. My guess is that exceeding $18k will give a ā€˜dad scoreā€™ penalty, and going under nets a bonus.

1 Like

Dad just needs to be a good negotiator!

1 Like

Use 3.6 l/100km.
Looks a bit like a sport car.
Starting from 13995.

8 Likes

Doberman Duet: The safest way to drive the 1960s, classically stylish

or aggressively modern.

11 Likes

I understood it as having around $18,000 with the ability to pay slightly more should the carā€™s feature set be attractive enough. But to be honest, I had a very hard time getting under 18,000 with any iteration of my car. I donā€™t know how people are making cars with premium interiors under 17000 with 5 seats?!

2 Likes

Hopefully, you are right, the rule wasnā€™t very clear.

There have been a couple of us that have gone with standard interiors, but to go with premium there would have had to have been some sacrifices in other places. With a budget this low itā€™s always a balancing act.

Itā€™s the body choice. Some bodies, especially smaller ones, are much cheaper to make. Itā€™s possibly because of how the platform is designed underneath the body panels, though youā€™d best ask a modder or dev about it.