First car for my son

One thing that I noticed with cargo space is that my body, for example, can have up to 5 seats but I only opted for 2 seats. Where did that extra space go, it didn’t seem to give me any more cargo room, is it just a hole in space and time that cannot be seen or acknowledged by any living being?

I don’t think that cargo boxes increase in size based off choices, they remain fixed

My point exactly, but if I don’t use the 5 seats and only have 2 then I have all that space where the seats would have gone that is being completely ignored. Doesn’t it make sense that space there would be added back to the cargo space too just like @HowlerAutomotive is saying? My car is front engined, and all my cargo space is behind the front seats, except that void where the seats would have gone.

I think the passenger space is unchanged as you say, but with fewer seats it gets divided up between less people and you get a bonus to comfort because there’s more space per person.

I agree that the game should be smarter about cargo space, but you do get a comfort and prestige bonus from less seats–I guess in Automation world your seats can keep getting larger and larger and have more forward/back adjustments? :upside_down:

HAHAHA I guess my coupe can handle a Robert Wadlow or two!

1 Like

With the way the game works right now, cargo boxes are only affected by morphing. I do hope we get more interior layout options in the UE4 version to have better defined cargo/passenger space.

4 Likes

Wilson Motor Corporation is proud to announce the new 2017 Pulse! All the black plastic you can imagine for less than $18,000!

4 Likes

Does Practicality factor into the scoring at all? I notice you left it out of your poll (along with Utility and Offroad, but both of those don’t seem applicable to this scenario).

All those must definetely be considered. What if the spouse wants to attend a weekend music festival somwhere on a muddy field with a bunch of friends? You will want a useable luggage compartment and it must be able to not get stuck because that is embarassing. And seriously who hasn’t done some rallying in their first car just for the lols?

1 Like

Offroad will not be evaulated, i don’t tink he need an offroad to park in a grass field.
Praticality and utility: may be, he’s not a music player, he don’t need a van to transport the drums, but a bit of space for the wine, ehm, i mean grapes and malt juice will be apreciated.

EDIT, i want to remind you: EVERY CAR CAN DO RALLY

4 Likes

The benefits of a Minivan: You can transport a bicycle, a banging sound system and €140 worth of Party Juice all at the same time.
@F17Francesco And you must consider that he’ll be likely using it at some point to help himself or a friend for moving out.

3 Likes

True, as i said, he will evaluate this, you can try to send a minivan, it have its strong points. This challenge is simple in the rules but open to many interpretations.

ANOTHER EDIT
No one thinked of a mini camper van? A matress on the back? Something like that? (Yes this is a suggestion)
I want to remind everyone the rule “Appealing for a young guy”, as i said, it can be fast or fun to drive, but it can be many other things.

Well, Audi C4 Avant with 2.5 TDI and an automatic would be very appealing for me, and I am a young guy, but I highly doubt that such car would be good for this challenge :grin:

If it were a 2.5 SDI It’d be eligible.

Don’t be so negative, if it’s spacius and not so boring to drive why not? Even the dad can like it, it can be a good investiment for the future.

Here the results of the pool: (min max and average stats of the cars submitted at this time)

• DRIVABILITY from 56 to 72; avg 63
  • SAFETY from 40 to 57; avg 48
  • ECONOMY from 3.66 to 6.83; avg 5.25 (l/100km); from 64 to 34; avg 44.8 (mpg)
  • COMFORT from 10.5 to 44; avg 34.5
  • PRICE from 13390 to 22310; avg 16189

I excluded reliability even if it took the same number of votes because it’s the less intresting, pretty much all the cars have the same reliability.

8 Likes

Every young boy in Italy wants a red car. A red car with flappy paddle gearbox. A nice looking, red, car with a flappy paddle gearbox.

The government in Italy want every young boy to have a low powered, low emission car.

Every parent of young boys in Italy want a safe, reliable, economical and inexpensive car to buy and run.

First Order Automotive would like to present the 2017 City Junior. This is the car that ticks all the relevant boxes.

$15,990 OTR which includes a 7 year, 84,000 mile, warranty and 1/2 price insurance for the first 12 months. T&Cs apply.

First 10 buyers will also receive a free…

9 Likes

Everybody in italy want a red car with an horse.

Red car+Horse

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2980&stc=1&d=1119437420

3 Likes

By that logic then i assume that everybody in italy would also want one of these

8 Likes