First car for my son

Boyd Sprite Sport

• Practical! - Four seats in a small and square package that is easy to park and travel through narrow streets. Hatchback and fold down rear seats grant respectable cargo space.
  • Comfortable! - Typical, quality Boyd standard interior, with six speaker infotainment system. Smooth straight six power plant.
  • Safe! - Advanced active and passive safety suite and all-wheel drive to keep you safe even in treacherous road conditions.
  • Economical! - 4.69 l/100km combined fuel consumption.
  • Easy to drive! - Large engine provides excellent low end torque for urban driving. Double wishbone suspension in all corners delivers highly composed handling.

The Sport trim builds on the strengths of the base Sprite, with:

• Stylish 16 inch alloy wheels (wrapped in a lower profile premium touring tyre, which maintains comfort and good all weather performance)
  • Sports suspension (helps to achieve in excess of 0.95g lateral acceleration at regular road speeds with near neutral steering)
  • Sports exhaust (hear more of the smooth and premium rumble of the straight six)
  • Launch control
  • Unique paint options (Midnight Blue pictured)

As with all Boyd cars, the Sprite comes with a 10 year non-perforation warranty against rust.

RRP $16,510

7 Likes

We believe our latest Maesima Devina would be perfect for your son. New for 2017 they now have a refreshed more distinctive styling and all-new LED lights from and rear, 16" alloy wheels, that enhances the vehicle’s signature Vitalic Motion design language.

The new 1.4-liter Gasoline Direct Injection ActivBoost engine, the formula comes together to deliver a vehicle that both looks and feels compelling while also remarkably efficient.

Devina’s acclaimed styling, crisp handling and spacious interior won’t break the bank either, as 2017 Devina ST pricing will start at just $17,030.

Matched with the latest in safety along with our outstanding 5 years warranty, roadside assistance and capped price servicing, that give you peace of mind with your vehicle purchase.

We will have Devina’s on display and available for test drives at the Gevena Auto Show and we hope to see you there

11 Likes

Today i’m back at home and i can check your cars, i have 6 of them in the inbox. As everyone also if your car don’t fit the requirements i’ll inform you and you can change it (in a couple of days).
Only a couple hours remained to send your creation.

At this time I have cars from:

@doncornaldie
@VicVictory
@8bs
@NormanVauxhall
@HighOctaneLove
@Zabhawkin
@conan
@Mikonp7
@DeusExMackia
@one85db
@Dorifto_Dorito
@Awildgermanappears
@TheMiltos21
@oppositelock
@HowlerAutomotive
@Rk38
@TR8R
@TheBobWiley
@RED_E
@gridghost

And in the inbox cars from:

@Dragawn
@Leonardo9613
@AirJordan
@koolkei
@JohnWaldock
@Leedar

For a total of 26 competitors; expect the first part of the evaluation around the end of this week (friday).
If I missed someone, inform me ASAP.

EDIT: When this competition will end i have another one in my mind, a bit different but if you enjoyed stay tuned on the forum. It will require unusual categories (at least I don’t remember any competition for delivery veichles) and i will give you an hint: ama…cough…FOREST

8 Likes

Ok, i know, this is spam, but as i mentioned 26 minutes ago, i have a new idea for a challenge:

But i’ve just found on some papers a few notes for another challenge i wrote some time ago (over an year) and i haven’t hosted it anymore. It’s settled on a rich princedom in 1967 and it will involve budget sport cars. (This one is another CSR style challenge, even if it was thinked before it).

Which one do you prefer?

• 2015 Light Delivery (bulk purchase for a company)
  • 1967 Budget Sport Car (CSR style)
0 voters
1 Like

The engineers from VPower spend lots of time designing this car. And this is the result: VPower Hype EL

It is powered by 1059cc 4cyl. NA with VVLT tech with performance filter. The car weights under 1000kg. The brakes stop the car from 100-0 under 32,5m. Just like a Porsche. Even better! The interior is made from leather with lots of extras like the two LED 11 inch screens at the back. The car is more comfortable than Maserati and has better economy than the newest model Prius. What about the emissions and the loudness of the engine? VPower’s engineers made the car run under 25 dB at idle and it has lower emissions than VW UP. The manual transmission will make you feel like a boss on the road. Short stroke shifting ? Yes. 6 speed? Oui. And the tyres? They provide maximum traction even without LSD. And there is added diffuser for more stablility in the corners. And everything for 18 070 dollars :smile:

5 Likes

FIART TORO 90 S

The italian citycar!

TORO 90 S it’s powered by an extremly modern L4 1.3 16v engine producing 91hp @6300rpm and 122Nm of torque at only 2700rpm. Enough to accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 12.2s with a top speed of 180km/h, using only 5 l/100km.
Sporty and safe handling with a complete and modern interior equipment.

Starting from 16640$

6 Likes

You might have some issues with trademarking there - not even Saminda and Maesima are that obvious :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

The Sparrow is a sporty economical car with a fuel economy of over 71mpg and a 0-100kmh time of 11.5s.
The base price is $17300

4 Likes

Closed now.
29 cars submitted.

4 Likes

Ahah I lack of fantasy in naming cars :joy:

2 Likes

There are a lot of fighter planes with good names

1 Like

I’m a bit late, this afternoon I had to work, i’m sorry, you need to wait a little bit more for the first part of the results.
While are you waiting, don’t forget to vote the next challenge HERE

EDIT: How i will post the results:
-Small reviews from the son (he evaluate outside look, interior, entertainment, sound and performance; and maybe some extra)
-Test drive by both (drivability, sportiness)
-Opinion of the father (price, economy and safety)
-Final decision
-Num3rs (Why I’ve chose the winner)

1 Like

Derp, Had Something but Forgot to Submit, Here it is for People Wondering what it is:

lordletto21 - FC-LordLetto.zip (22.1 KB)

4 Likes

I was torn between that body and the one I ended up submitting. glad to see someone used it.

So in stock form the C117 meets all Italian new driver mandates. But to save money on developing a different engine we chose to detune an existing engine choke it down with the exhaust.

With a full exhaust swap and a better timing map the C117 is actually a better car in most respects, though with 129hp on tap it is not exactly what most Italians would consider for a commuter car.

However lurking in YouTube videos all over the darker side of what can be done able to produce over 250hp, and quite a few who have been pushed too far with exploding over-boosted engines. The C117 could potentially become a fathers nightmare.

4 Likes

The front end reminds me of a Porsche. One problem:
For that amount of weight, you maximum HP would be 88.98507.

1 Like

The body is based on the Porsche Cayenne.

What a small Cayenne

2 Likes

Derp, Your Right, I Would have had to Detune it More. Good thing I Didn’t end up Submitting it as it would have been a no go anyway.

1 Like

It took me a few tries to get the P/W ratio correct. I thought this was a fun challenge! P/W ratios are always a good challenge!