FITE ME Part 3: Modern Hypercar (postponed due to UE4 changes. RERUN PENDING)

Great reviews strop. Keep going, keep healthy, and well I’d say keep sane but we all already know you’re nuts, so just keep on stropping.

2 Likes

I dont like the front patterned grille too, but It was what i could since i was running without time(and without will too) to send to Lordred to tune, so, If we pass the engineering round and come down to the beam round, i would love to remake the grill or whatever

Judgement Round 1: The Walkaround Part 8

Sorry for the lengthy delays. I’m just doing what I can to stay sane and healthy and that did involve not playing videogames for a while. I’ll still be cranking out the last bits here over the next couple of weeks or so, and then onto the lengthier analysis.

customary irrelevant preamble follows

I’ve been on a strict diet and exercise regimen lately, because when I’m in social isolation I find additional ways to exert control over my life. I’d already been trying since before the quarantine stuff started, and had managed to get from 17% body fat to 13%. I’ve actually managed to whittle it all the way down to just above 10%, and am now actually at the point of transitioning between cutting and bulking. I’ve been leaner than this before, but this may actually end up being the best built I’ve been my whole life.

Also I’ve been playing a lot of tennis against the wall. Maybe I should start entering local tournaments when restrictions lift…

Anyway back to the cars

BTR Acinonyx

Choice quote from @EddyBT :

I’m really disappointed in my entry

hashtag milleniallyfe

I saw your travails from time to time on Discord. The struggle is real

Oh, this is not what I was expecting.

I thought you were gonna go ahead with that hyper wagon. This really switches my gears up somewhat.

Anyway, here we are with one of the few front-engined coupes. The general idea seems alright enough, if a bit “this is actually a sports car that’s been heavily modified with race parts”. Also that front grille is actually very difficult to stamp across a seam, as you’ve discovered.

No surprises here.

…no further comment is forthcoming on this view

Yeah you’re definitely pitching a bit below hyper here. Like you are starting to get the basic bits down but modern hyper kind of goes a bit bolder and harder on the shapes and bodywork. Consider the only other recent front-engined example I can immediately think of right now, the Vulcan:

photo grabbed from EVO

Yes, the Vulcan is track-only, but the way the Acinonyx is looking you kind of were heading that direction. See how the bodywork is a bit more integrated up top and dramatic down the bottom. It’s not even that recent but it does herald the trends in bodywork.

Yeah you could have pulled off the roofline and the part where the bonnet meets the windshield a bit better. Also where’s the aerial? If you’re using a luxury HUD it probably should have had a shark fin…

Aesthetics

I won’t go so far as to say this was the Starting Tier of the Need For Speed Underground 2 cars. More like, the end of the middle tier.

Impact

Me when I saw the front vs me when I saw the rest of the car

Construction

You know those buildings that start getting constructed and you think it’s gonna get done and then the developer runs out of money and time and the builders stop turning up? Yeah.

Coherence

See above

Verdict

Yeah I can see what you mean. It’s not like you did anything actively wrong but I can see that it just didn’t feel like it was fully coming together and you struggled to make something that really stood out. When it comes to front-engined cars it’s kind of hard to do that. There’s few examples to choose from and you have to be mindful not to do any weird shit with the body because the engine is like right there. But there are, as you can now see, ways to make sure that treatment remains focused elsewhere.

So yeah I won’t be taking this one further. But it’s not like you did anything egregiously bad that I have to :wastebasket: it.

Eddy’s bin count: 0

Medusa M12 Blackbird

the naming not conforming to submission guidelines made me twitch

Choice quote from @OME :

please don’t forget i gave you a styling win on cookies comps :))))

Yeah but that’s because I’m good like that :joy:

I’ve seen OME’s stuff, OME knows how to style stuff. So let’s see

holy shit what the fuck?

Hey that’s a genuinely interesting technique, breaking up the DRLs like that. I’m going to steal it for myself.

This is an interesting approach, minimalist but avant garde, but within the minimalist features is complex detail. It’s more artwork than it is practical aerodynamic touches, but I like it.

I’m not 100% convinced about this, as for it ti actually work it may need a bit more fleshing out or filling out the frame, but the intrigue does continue.

I’d get rid of that lower lip though, that’s definitely pointed the wrong way.

Awwww yeah it’s mostly decorative but this is a e s t h e t i c

Aesthetics

Front immediately made me think like

Impact

yeah coz shocked goldfish make me expand dong, that must be it

Construction

Coherence

I can think of ways to make it stronger but it’s already good.

Verdict

This shit is wild. Let’s pop the hood and see what it’s got.

Bradford Akai-GT

Choice quote from @yurimacs :

Not really the car you expected like the other car I worked on from last year, but yeah

Uhhhhhhhhh

Well you’re right about that! What is this exactly? The bug eyed headlights are straight off a kit car or a restomod or those cars you know go batshit fast but probably fall apart if you so much as prod it cough TVR cough. It’s… not the usual hyper approach, as far as I can tell.

This is where concern kicks in. Some very clever construction techniques are being used here to really play with shape, build upon a concept. The GT side skirts, soon discovered to be more finicky to use in more than precisely one application, have been duplicated and manipulated quite cleverly here. But in lowering the window sill line (a good move), the roofline remains too high (not a good move) and so the proportions become all very awkward.

How do you make a Porsche not a Porsche? next slide please

It took me a while to figure out how the hell you did this. I wouldn’t have thought to use that fixture there.

But part of the reason for that is because roof lines do not transition to a rear window like that lmao.

Aesthetics

Like if a VW Beetle fucked a Ford RS200 and this was the love-child…?

+

=

uwu???

Impact

Construction

You had me bending my mind in some places. That’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Coherence

This, on the other hand…

Verdict

The council of elders has established that you are one of the most interesting players, having evolved over some years from making some really… fashion-challenged things to genuinely interesting and unique designs. They don’t always work. This one doesn’t. But don’t let that stop you. We went you to keep doing this thing you’re doing because it’s interesting and that is not something you find all that often.

Yurimacs’ :wastebasket: count: 0 (but this didn’t get through)

Zacspeed Zenith

Choice quote from @chiefzach2018 :

hope you have as much fun checking it out as I made it!

debating whether I should sink a beer first

… nah let’s do this one sober.

Wew this is bold. To be frank, Zach’s early designs suffered from a “squaring” of fixtures and some very heavy blocking/ This, here, shows much improved refinement, though there are still some rough edges. Some of those vents are pointing in directions that don’t actually make sense.

My other bugbear, and this is going to be repeated multiple times, is that the subframe of the car is starkly visible through the bodywork. We’ll have to work out a way around this.

Looking from the side the lines and flow of the car start to really take shape and I’m loving it.

What I’m loving less, again, is the subframe poking out through the side. This is a shame. Unfortunately, rendering the frame invisible in designer mode does not change anything in export mode.

If there was a way around that, I’d want to keep this side as it is.

Hold up, I know what inspired this.

Okay so maybe I’m just blowing my own trumpet and over-crediting myself here. There’s an actual purpose to my self-insert here though.

For the most part I really like the idea. It’s also been meticulously constructed. But it does come with some issues, namely with the limitations of the game causing designs that don’t flow.

Note that the Zacspeed’s lower rear end seems to come straight down and there’s some of that squarish blocking going on again, whereas on my design it’s more tapered. It’s just really hard to get the bodywork looking elegant the way things stamp even if you nega tape it to hell. As a result the resign looks a bit less “real” or aerodynamically elegant.

I do dig those tail lights though.

haha bro I’ve been seeing these proliferate in certain corners of the community but this is really just egregious :joy:

This is however an overall much more successful take on “blanketing the entire canopy with a single fixture”. And the silhouette of the car from this angle is quite hot.

Aesthetics

Properly cyber, we getting towards TRON concept land here

Impact

daring, brutish, perhaps a little naked underneath but look at its whole and it cuts an elegant figure

Construction

see above, except some beams are pointing the wrong way and there’s bits of structure mysteriously poking out from within

Coherence

A few mismatches, but a strong overall vision

Verdict

That I’m talking about its rough edges as opposed to the scant positives or hemming and hawing over whether I like it enough to keep it is promising. I love the ideas in this. It’ll just take work to make them… really work.

I’m keeping it for sure.

Alright phew, my momentum isn’t superb at the moment but rest assured, I’m still going at it. There should be 2 (and a half) batches left.

27 Likes

Y’know that’s probably a perfect way to describe what happened. I did not realize how difficult a front-engined car would be to make, and ended up phoning in the design because the deadline was looming.

3x

and this is how it starts to go downhill. :smiley:

Judgement Round 1: The Walkaround Part 9

How many of these do I have left???

How many weeks of social distancing should we do now that we’re pretty much not getting any more cases in Australia?

How many pairs of rainbow socks and underwear am I going to purchase before quarantine lifts?

The number to each is possibly the same lol.

EMAS Ultima

Choice quote from @kookie :

hi strop, i hope this works…

So do I. Let’s see…

Well this is awkward, it’s missing mods. I don’t know which ones. And if I go back online, Automation will update and probably wreck the cars, so I can’t fix it.

I did take a fairly close look at the photos and I can’t see the difference immediately, so it’ll have to do for now.

You’ve got my attention now. This does make an immediate impact, the sharp aggressive headlights (not sure I would have used those inserts but small details). The ridge outlining the border of the fascia. I’m not certain that the lower fascia design works (the downslope creates a bit of a weird impression) but it’s a solid idea and can be developed.

This is not exactly the most sophisticated approach. What I can say is that at least it is clean. And the bottom part with the sculpted black does create a nice shape. It’s just, with something of this level, you know plenty more can be done there to complete the look.

I’ll also take this opportunity to point out that I actually made an “Ultima” of my own back in 2017 as a cheaper entry-level supercar but this is kind of old history so really don’t worry about it. That said probably only like another 5 users have used the same name. Either way that didn’t affect the judging.

I quite like this. It’s not completely out-there, but it has plenty of aggression and is fairly well structured.

This is pretty convincing. Simple, and conforming very much to the body of the car, but it does well with it. Neat and tidy with subtler touches.

The only thing I would say is that perhaps using that vent scaled up for the rear window wasn’t the best choice. The shape it generates is nice but it can be a bit low-res at that size.

Aesthetics

This is the first time I’m going to say it doesn’t seem to try to be anything else than a hypercar. Does it make it kind of generic? Perhaps. But it does seem to work.

If you moved the fan a bit you could almost make a Gordon Murray T50 like car :thinking:

Impact

Construction

Perhaps a bit on the simpler side but it works.

Coherence

Due to the construction following the body moreso than a singular vision it’s perhaps not completely singular, but I can’t fault it.

Verdict

It mostly works, and works well enough. Let’s see what it’s made of.

ACA Fairburn GrandSlam

Choice quote from @Dorifto_Dorito:

What can I say except you’re welcome

Aesthetics

This :clap:

Impact

Is :clap:

Construction

Also :clap:

Coherence

Not :clap:

Verdict

A Hypercar

:wastebasket:

Again as an SUV it does look pretty good. @DoctorNarfy keeps trying to pressure me into saying his Shromet looks better. That just makes me want to say the ACA is better even more. Stay tuned for the special bonus test in which the SUVs square off in a series of very relevant road challenges to see which is the true hyper SUV

ACA Starfighter

Choice quote from @Dorifto_Dorito :

there were no further quotes, and I’m not repeating that Maui song from Moana.

Okay THIS is more like it. Sharp, angular, aggressive.

Some of the trim choices and the choice of the lip under the main front grille to create an extra ridge seems a bit superfluous. Intentional or a construction defect? I don’t know!

Like, bits like this are a bit messy. This may also be the result of playing on a potato computer.

You have managed to come up with an integrated and resculpted side profile of a body I haven’t even dared to style. This shit is wild. I love the idea.

Look closely enough and certain bits don’t really sit well though. We can hopefully find a way to clean it up.

Because from this angle it’s pretty rad.

The ACA modern design language comes out pretty strong in this. I would have taken a slightly different approach myself but I am not complaining.

The exhaust outlets are a bit naff though. I’d almost just take the tips out and do something else.

Some work can probably be done here.

Aesthetics

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/de2097a7-c9ef-4bcf-9a30-378e2966b7ae/d5slzjb-5294c308-9221-4941-8e13-88b21a47e3d0.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZGUyMDk3YTctYzllZi00YmNmLTlhMzAtMzc4ZTI5NjZiN2FlXC9kNXNsempiLTUyOTRjMzA4LTkyMjEtNDk0MS04ZTEzLTg4YjIxYTQ3ZTNkMC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.0hR-5aT32uavKwHtbDxrlRhZS56naQVn4g5IVzpHp7U

source

oh yeah lorry’s gonna fucking hate me for this hahahahahaha suck my dick

Impact

Yeah yeah ok the image is fucking tiny, it’s a really old reference ok?

Construction

Coherence

I’ll get back to you once I’m done with gay policeman Bumblebee in leathers.

Verdict

Put it in a Michael Bay movie and make it 18+. I want to see what kinda junk it has in its trunk time to look up more Transformers rule 34

It’s in.

Electi Panthera One-111

Choice quote from @GROOV3ST3R :

if you want to have a laugh, here’s my 11th hour sub - a luxury hyper grand tourer with 4 seats

That’s not exactly the best way to sell your entry, but ok.

It looks like a 90s electric concept car with a lot more corrugation in the grille. Maybe I should dub it the Blue Whale, because you could filter krill with that face.

You went ham on the morphs didn’t ya. The proportions are odd, to say in the least.

This is not bad. It’s kind of a cool idea. I swear I saw a concept car, maybe it was from Cadillac, that had a similar feel. Is it hypercar though? Or is it a regular sports car with, again, a shit ton of details in the grille bits?

Nothing much to see here folks.

Aesthetics

Impact

Less of a splash than is implied by the comparisons to a Blue Whale

Construction

Maybe if I draw more lines in this blank space it’ll look cooler!

Coherence

Well at least that principle was consistently applied…

Verdict

Even without the disclaimer, it was kind of obvious that this was a bit hastily put together. It’s not awful but it doesn’t quite look the part. So it stays out.

Phew, sorry for the delays. Like probably many of you, I’m starting to get a bit ragged around the edges mentally. Stay safe everybody.

21 Likes

Thanks I hate it.

5 Likes

Now we have a proper interior mod to use in the cars , strop :yum:
Btw, you had a car named Sleipnir too, right?

Correct, though it was built in the Kee days and I never had a chance to update it for UE4. The “design” was kind of crazy, so I’m not sure exactly how I’d go about it yet. But maybe I will…

Judgement Round 1: The Walkaround Part 10

So the worst case scenario has happened folks. I had to update my Steam client, and when I did this, Automation sneakily attempted to update. I stopped it, but then it refused to open without me finishing the update.

As far as I can tell, this has stuffed the MDHL mod, plus probably a few more. I’ll have to cross-reference photos as submitted in the thread.

On the plus side, I already looked at almost all of the remaining cars. There are only 6 left. The problem is that my ugly screenshots are going to be missing some parts and will not do the designs justice. Please bear with me.

Legore Mannaro

Choice quote from @mythrin:

the final dance of our 6-litre V12 in it’s most powerful iteration

Not giving me much to work with here! Let’s just get into it.

As mentioned the MDHL lights got stuffed. The original photo looked like so:

http://d3hrnetf5izp16.cloudfront.net/optimized/4X/6/f/c/6fc30fe9df8af70c712152f0487c06605aec5145_1_690x388.jpg

For some strang reason this makes me think of something between a whale shark and a catfish. Interesting structure, but not a bad one. Strong shapes and impressions from the get go.

The vent on the hood is a little odd. I’m not positive I’d know how to direct air going through there. But that’s a minor note.

Fairly convincing, if not perfectly constructed side panel. I can see the visual rationale for leaving a large blank space, but I’m just not convinced that it’s… fully convincing. More on this later.

I apologise. The lights have gone missing. For the record, even without them, this is still a pleasantly striking and tightly constructed rear end.

Getting some real Speedtail vibes here, so if that was what you were going for, well done. It works. I don’t have any complaints, but the reason I picked this specific angle is simply to mention that you may wish to use Chickenbiscuit’s shape moulding mods for transparent windows instead of the Negatape.

Now, to go back to that thing I mentioned earlier:

I can see what you were shooting for. This is a tricky one to fully achieve because due to the border of that vent, which is the appropriate shape, the border forces me to suspend a certain disbelief that the body was sculpted in such a way so the flow between the side and the top is not disrupted. That’s hard, especially when this body has a big sharp ridge. It works better on bodies which are more rounded such as the Mclaren body which I used to make Mercury. I was kind of able to pull a similar (but inverted) effect off on the LaFerrari body which also has a sharp angle but that took a lot of weird trickery.

Aesthetics

As mentioned:

+

https://www.qantas.com/content/travelinsider/en/explore/australia/western-australia/swim-with-whale-sharks-in-ningaloo-reef-western-australia/_jcr_content/parsysTop/hero.img.full.medium.jpg/1539830753335.jpg

Don’t ask me why, that was just the immediate impression :joy: Actually I wanted to put a moustache on the whale shark lol

Impact

Pretty slick for a catfish

Construction

Looks like a finely honed sword:

But actually it is a bit chipped when you look closely, but just a little

Coherence

Excellent use of thematic material

Verdict

Weird analogies aside, this is a visually compelling package (when the mods weren’t stuffed).

It’s in.

RJM Bulgasari Track Pro Edition

Choice quote from @titleguy1

The only reason I’m submitting early is because I will be drunk all day and will forget to enter something before the deadline ends.

Some quotes don’t age well. I would know, I’ve made several myself.

Anyway!

Holy shit this looks aggressive on an older body. All those ridges and lines and interlocked shapes…

…but it doesn’t actually sculpt or alter the shape of the body itself. Granted, this model comes from 2014, making it one of the oldest models in the lineup. And the real sculpting crazy business didn’t really come around until after that.

I’m not entirely certain of all the shapes in here work together, but it’s certainly aggressive.

The original Bulgasari had a tapered lip and a streamlined look (even before the Speedtail came out). This here however ditches that for a GT style wing but I actually think it loses a bit of something as a result. like the front there’s a heap of ridges and lines and what one might call a “functional” aesthetic but maybe it’s just a bit too fussy. I’m also not certain about the exhaust placement.

But contrast that with the top and there’s barely anything going on up above!

Aesthetics

Just spraypaint it pearl blue

Impact

It’s all about the grille

haha I fucking love stock photo websites

Construction

There is focus on detail:

And then there is focus on detail

source: Zhang Huan– Family Tree (2000)

Coherence

Makes about as much sense as cramming poor people into overpopulated ultra-high density dorms while rich people get all the room they want.

Oh wait.

Verdict

It’s blocked well for the most part, but the details are very busy, to the point of being overly fussy. I kind of prefer the original version.

But for our purposes, this is good enough, so it goes in.

RJM Project RT4 SuperTrack

jesus Evan, your naming struggles haven’t let up much have they

Choice quote from @titleguy1:

you can try this POS out too

Oh boy I love pieces of shit

Immediately this stands out as more daring, more aggressive, given the full body treatment. I’m told it is unfinished and I should treat it as much. You’re right. It does look unfinished but what it has so far is good.

Look at it, I don’t know if it 100% meshes together but that shape cutting is sharp as heck. I think of this as a canvas of ideas more than anything else

The unfinished-ness continues, though I genuinely cannot tell if this is also because some of my mods broke thanks to the update.

Plenty aggressive, but still a bit fussy with all the shapes that kind of clash.

Once again, you do like to leave the roof out of the noise don’t you!

Aesthetics

Impact

What’s really in your face aggressive, but also raw and unfinished, and also full of conflicting ideas that both mesh and don’t mesh so the whole thing sounds both vaguely incomprehensible but also makes for an amazing headbang sesh?

Answer:

Meshuggah’s album Nothing, but the 2002 version because they had all of 3 days to mix and master the whole thing because they decided to play Ozzfest on a whim.

Construction

Coherence

See comments about Meshuggah

Verdict

Yeah it’s quite rough. But I actually like the idea better than the Bulgasari, so I kind of have the same situation as with Riley: where I like the idea on one car better but the execution on the other is the one that passes.

Maybe we can discuss where to go with it, since the cars are gonna have to be rebuilt to be properly converted into a Beam mod anyway…

Only 3 this time, because the next post will have the last 3 entries in it. Woohoo!

16 Likes

Okay WOOO!

I’m not gonna be able to unsee the catfish thing now :pensive:,but still, woohoo.

Judgement Part 1: The Walkaround 11

Here is the final set of cars. This makes for a total of 46 entries, if my math is right.

Tristella Cygnus

Choice quote from @Xepy:

Some final updates to the car, mostly due to Automation changing versions

Ugh, talking about version changes. I suspect this car is going to get hit hard.

Actually so far so good, and definitely very good. Open disclosure: I already pre-approved this car during the pre-submission window, and I see absolutely no reason to change my mind.

Look at the subtle touches of the headlights and the shape cutting. Looks even better here than it does on a Mclaren to be frank.

It’s not trying to reinvent the wheel here, but what it is doing is working very well to create a good flow.

I could think of a couple of other ways to approach this that would boost the “radical” rating but Xepy specifically said he was going for a cleaner, elegant approach.

I can’t remember what the roofline looked like specifically and therefore whether the blips on the front windshield were intentional. Either way you can see a simple approach is favoured to create stronger line.

Aesthetics

Well you know what’s coming:

Except to be honest the elegance actually creates a car distinct from the Lambo approach, so well done.

Impact

Construction

Some extremely fine work in here

Coherence

In focusing on defined flowing shapes from big picture to detail, this is one of the most coherent entries in this lineup

Verdict

If I gotta go hard on a bitch, I’ma make it look sexy
I pull up, hop out, air out, made it look sexy
They won’t take me out my element

Xepy is in his element. It goes without saying it’s in.

Astora Spyder

Choice quote from @Xepy:

definitely less of a traditional hypercar. Messed around with this car a bit for the RR

you have my full attention :eyes:

Oh, uh.

That paintjob is something. I’m ignoring the errant patches on the windshield as I assume something stuffed up.

That aside, there’s some skill in the crafting of the lower fascia (though I’m pretty sure that it’s not great aerodynamic wisdom). Right now though, for attempting to not look like a Porsche, there’s an unmistakable Cayman flavour about it.

Some strong parallels with Yuri’s entry are emerging here, and unfortunately this also means so are the issues.

Here, the window sill line is higher and so the proportion issue of the roofline is less severe, but it’s still there. If anything now it looks like there’s too much body and the whole thing is quite tall.

There’s some Xepy staples in this approach. I like the way the rear arches are sculpted here but I’m just not sure it actually fits the body.

You can see why I drew parallels to Yuri’s entry what with that rear window. What I would have liked was if the entire roofline could be somehow lowered, but that would have required turning this into a convertible and just been a lot of work… if at all possible.

Aesthetics

Impact

Now in extreme low-res lololol

Construction

Not sure why this reminded me of Lego cars hmmmmmmmmm

Coherence

Just because something makes sense doesn’t mean that it makes good sense, let’s just say that.

Verdict

This is quite painful, because it has a brave ideas, and is also one of the lightest cars with a stupid high power to weight ratio which makes it one of the most attractive cars to tune and drive. However I will also add, and this doesn’t affect the judgement, but I will add that I had problems making super light rear-engined cars work i.e. not completely blow the wheels on spawn and it took a lot of node fuckery to make it work. But no amount of tricks I can use seems to help make the car work at just 850kg.

But back to the looks, this car suffers from the same problems as Yuri’s: the proportions are just really hard to reconcile and the overall size makes it look mostly like a toy car. A fairly garish one at that.

So with much regret I’m going to say this one doesn’t pass to the next stage but not for lack of skill or bravery.

Xepy’s :wastebasket: count: 0

Iurlaro Victoria

Choice quote from @NormanVauxhall:

Now I’m really happy to abandon such complicated cars (modern hypercars) and I can go back doing autoshite
and 60’s BfB cars (boners for boomers).

That’s the Norman we know and love :joy:

Okay so what do we have here…

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh god I’m gonna, I’m goona

coooooooooooooooom :eggplant: :sweat_drops: :weary:

catches breath

A bit plainer on the roof, which may seem a bit incongruous but this is a front-engined coupe so the approach is different in general. I actually wondered whether it might be appropriate to use a vortex generator or something but it would have ruined the lines.

Well okay look I think the car fairly speaks for itself for the most part so let’s just get into it.

Aesthetics

Just imagine all the best parts of the following combined:

Impact

And then this is what you get:

Warning, NSFW image

You might want to hover on the link before clicking

Construction

Coherence

Just a bit more; it is verging on perfection.

Verdict

Arguably I’ve saved the best for last. This is pornography.

I’ll brb after I apply burnshield to my penis.

21 Likes

11 Likes

sike actually I needed to apply Burnshield to my butthole because I made a plate of nachos today but the nachos were liberally dusted with smoked Carolina Reaper…

Judgement Round 1: The Roundup

The following are the cars I’ll be taking to the next round and checking how they were built (in Automation):

@yangx2 Honghu Fenghuang
@Lazar EFI Shuuko
@MrChips FABEL Sport Météore RS
@mekilljoydammit + @MrChips EMS Durandal
@Sky-High Zephorus Amida
@hipiracing Sturm Typhoon Ultra
@Tsundere-kun Yamaguchi Fujin
@Arvok1 @Lordred Alsar Sleipnir
@Chickenbiscuit LMC Euryale
@OME Medusa M12 Blackbird
@chiefzach2018 Zacspeed Zenith
@kookie EMAS Ultima
@Dorifto_Dorito ACA Starfighter
@Mythrin Legore Mannaro
@titleguy1 RJM Bulgasari Track Pro Edition
@Xepy Tristella Cygnus
@NormanVauxhall Iurlaro Victoria

So this makes a total of 17 cars from an initial field of 46. Not bad even if I had to drop the standards a bit

Now, fun part, and this will have a bit (but not much) of an impact on judging in the next round, if I were to show you my aggregate scores for all the styling out of 100, here’s where everybody stands…

User Model Style Points
Xepy Tristella Cygnus 98
NormanVauxhall Iurlaro Victoria 98
Arvok1 Alsar Sleipnir 93
OME Medusa M12 Blackbird 92
chiefzach2018 Zacspeed Zenith 86
MrChips FABEL Sport Météore RS 85
Mythrin Legore Mannaro 84
mekilljoydammit + MrChips EMS Durandal 83
Dorifto_Dorito ACA Starfighter 83
Chickenbiscuit LMC Euryale 82
kookie EMAS Ultima 81
Lazar EFI Shuuko 78
titleguy1 RJM Bulgasari Track Pro Edition 74
hipiracing Sturm Typhoon Ultra 73
Sky-High Zephorus Amida 71
yangx2 Honghu Fenghuang 70
Tsundere-kun Yamaguchi Fujin 70
15 Likes

@strop Alsar Sleipnir is from me and @Lordred
and wow
im really :OOOOOOOOOOOOO the Sleipnir ended in third in the design competition

I knew the 911 body was a risky move that was either going to get discarded here or discarded next round. But I think with the Cygnus doing as well as it is (which I’m super happy about), it was worth a try for something different.

3 Likes

Wack. Well i guess i can count myself out of this one.

I would say I hope there’s another one soon, but my skills have dropped massively because I haven’t been playing, and to be honest, choosing from like 4 bodies is anoyying so maybe next time this happens there is a bit more variety.

Good luck to the rest of you!

I’m waiting to see how the next stage of judging goes too, tbh. I was pretty happy with performance.

Breaking news!

Sike, sorry, I’m still too busy to actually open Automation. It’ll come back to it when I settle in my next job which starts tomorrow so gimme like another week.

In the meantime though @MrChips served me up some cream pie on my face so I now need to lick it all up make an amendment to my judgement of his FABEL.

https://www.legion.org/flag/questions-answers/91466/how-flag-decal-be-displayed-motor-vehicle

I took issue with his flag arrangement, not knowing that it was on fact technically correct.

On the plus side this didn’t affect overall judgement, so I guess I only got half the proverbial bukkake.

10 Likes

Three months later

Yeah you’d be absolutely forgiven for thinking this died. Due to COVID flaring up again the week after I got to me next job things got a bit topsy-turvy and I literally forgot to make an announcement about what was happening until someone DMed me on a tangent LMAO

So due to the UE4 update from a little while back breaking all the mods, plus some rebalancing changes, most of the cars got messed up and I was unable to restore most of them to anything resembling their original tune. That will obviously mess up the judging.

The only real solution I have here is to invite the people who got through to resubmit, but it’ll only be worth doing when the new method of fixture stamping comes out as that will give so much more versatility, which means that a lot of players will probably significantly change their designs, which raises the question as to whether there’s any point to keeping the current results.

I’m therefore tempted to say I’m going to have to abandon this current run and start it anew and slightly refined, uhhhhh, probably next year as there’s no point me continuing as is when the game’s going to change in some major ways in the coming months anyway. Especially since the name of this series is “Fight Me” which means I have to actually build my cars again as well. There’s also the fact I have pretty much stopped playing all videogames because I got sucked into a really good game of D&D but don’t worry about that

Apologies for the inconvenience, thanks for your patience, comments welcome etc.

25 Likes

No worries, It was certainly a massive challenge to take on. You’re right about rerunning it, since soon we’ll have 3d fixture placement and engine revamps (which might make things a little more spicey). I thouroughly enjoyed it anyway, even if it was cut short.