FITE ME Part 3: Modern Hypercar (postponed due to UE4 changes. RERUN PENDING)

preview

10 Likes

Round opening imminent

I’ve finally worked out the last stubborn bits of the DRS and active aero code (at least to make it work, unfortunately I’m stuck on making the GUI message go away because reasons lol but whatever). I’m confident enough to know how to make it work in any reasonable situation that I think I’ve got what it takes to make this work.

So let’s do this. I’m going to open the round in 2(???) days. This means:

• There’ll be a 4 week window for submission (the entirety of Feb… heck I’ll throw in the extra day too why not)
  • You can submit as many cars as you like but if more than one of your cars doesn’t make the first cut all of them will get binned, so don’t spam
  • Once the round is open you can not ask me for advice or to give you an indication of if the styling will make it.
  • Once you have submitted a car you can not revise it.

I’ll tell you exactly what the submission guidelines are once I open the round. Expect a slight softening of the performance requirements.

It also occurs to me that the new patch coming through has changed some stats a fair bit so maybe I’ll hold off until it settles down and is finalised.

EDIT: Sorry, I had a few unexpected issues, such as our national broadband supplier not realising the new place I’ve moved into exists. I’m running my internet off my phone but have worked out a way for this to be relatively reliable, so that should be fine while I wait for various incompetent people to finish dragging their asses over something over their heads.

On the plus side I’ve definitely definitely figured out how to write good ESC and TCS, and have ironed out the niggles in my active aero + DRS, and have also learnt how to add 2-step launch control (would credit the user but I don’t know their username). While the round is active I’ll probably just have a look at the lights and start updating my other benchmark cars…

I’ve also not yet gotten around to providing a clear set of benchmarks on what to send in, performance and stats wise. I will write this guide this week. Then the round will open. I anticipate once it does, I will not close it until the 15th of March, because I travel during that time and if I close entries before I go on that trip the window will be too short.

This said I am no longer accepting pre-submissions for scrutineering.

(Everyone who is interested in sending for that appears to have done so).

17 Likes

ok I’ve sneakily opened entries. Don’t worry, there’s over a month to submit. Check the OP for full set of rules and if you think I’ve left something out, yell at me before you submit, heh.

8 Likes

I’m still working on the company of the car I’ll submit, and I have things to change on the car again, but I’ll submit to this challenge :slight_smile:

Draconis TB19 “Tinkerbell”

She’s a little shy!

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: soooon

16 Likes
Oh hey I guess I'm posting first again, why are you guys making me do this you saw what happened the last time I posted first no one else posted anything for a week. Then again, it might have been a good thing...

Tristella
First released in 2017, the Cygnus is Tristella's current hypercar offering to the world. With a full carbon construction and featuring a full active aerodynamic system and powered by a 1127 hp 5.8L twin turbo V10, the Cygnus can do the 1/4 mile is just 9 seconds, with a top speed of over 400 kilometers per hour.
Inside the Cygnus is a fully handmade leather interior, with highly detailed feather-like stitching patterns featured throughout. This is paired with a state of the art HUD and sound system, giving the Cygnus an exquisite, premium and advanced ride within. Every example is built to order, unique and customized to the customer's desires.
2017 Tristella Cygnus
Layout Mid Longitudinal AWD
Chassis Carbon Fiber Monocoque with Carbon Fiber Panels
Suspension Front and Rear Pushrod
Brakes Front and Rear Carbon Ceramic Disc
Transmission 7-Speed Dual Clutch
Weight 3286 lbs (1495 kg)
Engine 5799cc DOHC 4v V10 Twin Turbo
Power 1126.5 hp @ 8200 rpm, 752.3 lb-ft @ 7400 rpm
0-62 mph 2.20 s
1/4 mile time 9.06 s
1 km time 16.26 s
Top Speed 252 mph (405kph)
Fuel Economy 23.3 US mpg , 10.1 L/100km
ATT Lap Time 1:50.53 s

Additional Images

26 Likes

Full ad soon.

5 Likes

Hm. I’m gonna get screwed over by a few things probably. But here goes.

Zephorus
The Ultimate Era
14 Likes

my body is ready for the bin

The 2018 Lynx Caracal

Some more shots

i’ll put some specs up tomorrow

8 Likes

The Banshee from Centauri, Body styling assistance from @DoctorNarfy of Shromet Automotive. New for model year 2016. 8100cc twin turbo V10, more than 1100hp, 26mpg US combined on premium, starting price UNDER $200,000.

0-60 in 2.4 seconds
Quarter mile in under 10 seconds
Top speed over 225mph
2 seater
6speed Dual clutch AWD

Redefine your expectations, Centauri, the stars are within your reach.

Photos

*still tweaking, but nearly finished

13 Likes

I’m sorry for the double post, but Xepy my dude, that car looks awesome! It’s like you made the ultimate restomod tribute to 90’s Lamborghinis without the crazy wings. That squared angular body with the clean sharp slope down the back, and the continuous curve, 2 part side vents looks absolutely perfect. :star_struck:

3 Likes

In 2017, RJM unveiled a track-focused limited edition of their Bulgasari hypercar (of which had ended production the same year). Limited to 60 units, the special model utilizes the same 871 horsepower 7-Liter V12 but loses nearly 100 kg in weight whilst still maintining creature comforts.

24 Likes

You know what I don’t really care anymore.

2020 Honghu Fenghuang

A one-off 1864 horsepower couch that’s too fast for its own good.

Gallery

29 Likes

Falcon Astralis

The very final Falcon. 2 built out of a planned 7, the Astralis was the final car by the company before ballooning debt torpedoed the company.

Designed in coordination with the Falcon-Astralis Racing wing of the company (only part to survive the bankruptcy), the car functions as a prototype vessel for a ton of tech that was to be used in the now defunct LMP1 program that made its way into limited production.

Specifications
  • 5.0L Twin-Turbo DOHC V10 “F118
  • 1075 HP | 769 lb-ft of Torque
  • 252 MPH | 405 KPH
  • 0-62 in 2.3s
Gallery

The Last of a Breed.

8 Likes

OLSSON Orkan V10

22 Likes

Do I have to fake some formallity here? because I don’t know if I can be bothered, really.

This started more as me playing around with the carving tools on a more modern hypercar, and then it kinda went off the rails. technically It’s a Hades lore vehicle, but I’m not gonna do any lore spiels because they’re hard. Instead I’ll just say what I was influenced by, because that’s easier. I just looked at the McLaren Speedtail for the overall idea, took some ideas from the Aston Martin Valkyrie and Vallhalla along with some front end ideas from the Gembella MIG-U1, the roof and stuff is heavily inspired by the Mclaren F1, and the more open rear was inspired by the 917k. I honestly don’t expect to do well, but it’s always fun having something you love get ripped a new one by strop. If by some miracle it makes it through the Looks stage, it’ll die in the performance stage for sure.

This is probably my current favourite car I’ve ever actually made, so that shows how often I like stuff I make :joy:

It’s called the Zariel X, but I don’t feel that’s entirely important.

12 Likes

Having seen the rears of all these cars has started to get me worried…the only part of my “Tinkerbell” that I don’t like is the backplane…hope Strop doesn’t let that detract from the rest of the car.

“It’s really, really big.”

• Accredited motoring journalist

What do a 23rd Century hypercar and a family-friendly SUV have in common? More than you might think. They both turn you into a leadfooted, tailgating sociopath the moment you touch the gas. And they both do roughly the same miles per gallon as a burning oil well. Climb inside the fierce Levine Crosscoupe (Sponsered by OPEC) and listen to it growl as it bares that distinctive grill and charges the competition. With this much untamed energy, get ready to lose control. Figuratively, obviously.

35 Likes

I was having a really bad day, then i saw this, thanks :joy:

3 Likes