Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Game always crashes after exiting car designer

After the latest update to the UE4 version, the game always crashes whenever I exit the car designer. This is particularly annoying since I have to restart the game every time I want to take a photo of the car I just finished building, or export its file. The strangest par about this bug, however, is that it never happens at all when I exit the engine designer, which is particularly jarring considering what has been described above, especially since I do not have any third-party antivirus software installed on my machine as yet. How can this bug possibly be fixed?

We have not heard of similar issues since the last big update. Could you send us your log file so that we can take a look? Either attach it here or send it to support@camshaftsoftware.com mentioning this thread.

In the meantime, see if moving your sandbox database helps (in \Documents\My Games\Automation). Also try to delete your settings files you find in %localappdata%\AutomationGame

Here is the error trace:

Assertion failed: NumElements + 1 <= MaxElements [File:D:\workspace\UE4-Camso\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/UObjectArray.h] [Line: 235]
Maximum number of UObjects (2097152) exceeded, make sure you update MaxObjectsInGame/MaxObjectsInEditor in project settings.

KERNELBASE.dll!0x000000007784A388
AutomationGame-Win64-Shipping.exe!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize()
AutomationGame-Win64-Shipping.exe!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA()
AutomationGame-Win64-Shipping.exe!FDebug::Ass

Okay, two things with that:

1. As stated above, delete your entire %localappdata%\AutomationGame folder, just copy paste that link into the path bar of your windows explorer and hit enter to get there.
  2. Verify your game files

That should solve it.