Game at Launch, What is in? What is Out? - Updated 08/2014

:question: $how much will it be$ :question:

20 $ if you pre-order and as the nears it’s full launch the price will increase too the 30$ it will be at launch.

And for those 20$ you will get additional content for the demo as it’s made (basically anything that isn’t NA I4 hacthbacks).

I have not read anything about diesels will they be inside? in germany for example around 50% of new cars are bought with a diesel engine

Diesel have been in a grey zone for a while (maybe it will be included at launch, maybe not), which I personally think is a mistake, but it’s not my decision to make…

For realistic gameplay in present day Europe, diesels are really necessary. I don’t like them, but many people here prefer them, mostly for financial reasons.

Oh, I don’t know about that… I could certainly live with this noise or performance like this and if you’re offering me 48MPG in a heifer of a car like the 5-series touring to go with it, I’m not going to complain.

Sure, it’s a bit of a heresy to suggest Ferrari should make a diesel, but I think ‘for the rest of us’ they’re just fine.

I love diesels, They just need to figure out how to make them in aluminium blocks and put them in cars, then 1000 lbft of torque an 700 hp is right there with only a tune (if its a power stroke or D Max.

They are realistically needed yes, but will take a lot of extra work on our part to get realistic simulation of their power figures etc.

They will be in the game, at somepoint, but probably not on launch

There’s one very important technology I think you guys are neglecting

this was from back in june and a recent article about the next rotary engine reminded me of it but…

thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/0 … ng-lasers/

I want frickin’ laser beams on my car :laughing:

[quote=“serothis”]There’s one very important technology I think you guys are neglecting

this was from back in june and a recent article about the next rotary engine reminded me of it but…

thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/0 … ng-lasers/

“was absolutely possible”.

I want frickin’ laser beams on my car :laughing:[/quote]

^ Austin Powers reference? +1

Article about Ford developing laser ignition from 2009

telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/5803066/Cars-to-be-started-by-lasers-instead-of-spark-plugs.html

there this one should work

wow. that is quite interesting. I wonder what would happen if Koenigsegg combined that with their camless engines…

what about plasma spark plugs? :ugeek:

motorauthority.com/news/1066 … ion-system

[quote=“loady740”] working link

there this one should work[/quote]

Doh, always check you posts after posting them… :blush:

Will we have 180º inline 3? Or only the more usual 120º?

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]
V angle and firing order - You’ll probably be able to choose between flat plane and cross plane V8s, thats about it though. firing order doesn’t really make much difference to the engine, and V angle would be almost impossible art wise[/quote]

I asked about angles in another thread, so I’m curious about something. Will your V6s be 60-degree or 90-degree engines? And V10s, 72 or 90 degrees? I only ask because the 90 degree versions of both are typically based on existing V8 designs, and behave a little differently.

Don’t get what you mean with 180° … If you have a 180° engine its a flat engine isn’t it :wink:.

And if we talk about the angles of the v engines we should still have in mind that it is a game and not a simulator for a engine designing company :wink:

Cheers Casho

Its the difference between dual plane and cross plane v8’s. It makes a big difference, if you only have dual plane then you cant make a Ferrari v8 and if you only have cross plane you cant make american v8’s. If you only have 60* v6’s then you cant take advantage of the cost savings of cutting the back 2 cylinders off a v8 and making a 90* v6. Ect.

But how many gamers know that?

It’s still a game … the biggest Problem will be if you have too many options which most of the people don’t understand :wink:.

I would prefer all that too b, but if you want to have success with a game you should make it as easy too play and understand as possible.

Cheers
Chaso