Game at Launch, What is in? What is Out? - Updated 08/2014

A lot of cars the interval is 100k, one year the robot in the factory made an oops and the oil squinter for the chain in 02 ecotec engines is weak so the chains stretch and fail at around 80k.

2-Stroke
TRABANTS INBOUND

Diesel
RABBITS INBOUND

2-Stroke Diesels
MINI-JIMMYS INBOUND

Ah, I can only dream. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, will there be an option to have the 2strokes uniflow or loop scavenged?

Loop scav is the style used in SAABs, Trabis, and that Toro weedeater out in your garage. Where the oil is mixed with the fuel and breathed through the crankcase.

Uniflow would require the use of a blower and exhaust valves, however, I donā€™t think they were ever used in a car (Unless you want to count a '66 Crackerbox Jimmy haha)

Now how about more than 2- and 3-cylinder 2-strokes?
Will I be able to make a V-8 mill?
Straight six 2-stroke? HHHNNNNNGGGGGG

No idea on any of the above, we havenā€™t turned our attention to 2 strokes at all yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope there will be mod spupport so you can make your own cars and enginges liki in street legal racing redline :smiley: it is just an :bulb:

There will be mod support for sure, but I warn you, its pretty mind breakingly complicated at times! (weā€™ll try and do some good documentation though)

In the first post in this forum, Zeussy says that he hopes to have W18 engines in the game. This sounds terrific, except for one thing. A ā€œWā€ engine has four banks of cylinders, and 18 is not divisable by 4.

Will we be able to make Semi trucks? :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t read through all 17 pages of comments, but Iā€™d like to see CVT and DCT for sure. They improve with each generation and will likely completely replace traditional automatics (with CVT) and manuals (with DCT) in time.

Urrm no 18 is not dividable by 4, but what the problem here??
Single crank, 3 banks of six cylinders in an inverted broad arrow configuration.
Bugatti used this configuration quite a lot.

There was a VW 4 bank W18 also. Their design was loosly based on the VW V5 engine (found in the VR5)ā€¦ that was a twin bank with 3 cylinders on the first bank and 2 on the other bank (this engine is not really a true twin-bank V engine). They had the V9 variant laying around (4/5 twin) and ā€˜gluedā€™ two together on a single crank for a W18. Iā€™m not really sure though if the engine was ever used in productionā€¦

It doesnt matter if its divideable by 4.
It matters if it is able to divide 360 with even numbers.
i.e 360 divided by 18 = 20 (20 Times up and down for the wheel to turn 360 degrees (if gearbox is 1:1)
By the way how many rotors could we choose max (if even released)

[quote=ā€œBLACKWOLFā€]It doesnt matter if its divideable by 4.
It matters if it is able to divide 360 with even numbers.
i.e 360 divided by 18 = 20 (20 Times up and down for the wheel to turn 360 degrees (if gearbox is 1:1)
By the way how many rotors could we choose max (if even released)[/quote]

HUH? You lost me I think he was talking about how it has a uneven number of cylinders for how many banks it should haveā€¦Iā€™m not sure where gear ratios come in.

hi guys, please can you include high performance spark plugs, fuel pumps, ignition coils ? i would like to stress on the spark plugs (twin headed spark plugs ) or the option where we can put 2 spark plugs per cylinder like mercedes did back in the day. thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Good idea. but is two spark plugs more efficient? And what about different materials of the valves, titanium or hardened steel etz.?

Hey Zeussy.

When will the superchargers be released do you know?

Cheers

Superchargers will be released in the next few months.

Sparkplug types/configs really have a fairly small effect on engine performance compared to a lot of other factors, so really itā€™ll just add needless complexity with little gameplay reward.

The Ford Ranger with the 2.3 IIRC used 8 spark plugs for better burn and thus efficiency and emissions, one on each side of the head.

any chance of including engines with one and two cylinders? like for generators or small garden tractorsā€¦

I think more about a smart like car

ā€¦ or Fiat TwinAir series.

No, there is roughly 0 chance of seeing V2s or I1 or I2 in the launch version of Automation. You will be able to build very small engines though: an I3 with 300cc is pretty tiny!

For the multiairā€¦ no, as it is too specific, our energy is better focused elsewhere.

i know this will be unlikely but one of the best driving/racing sims iā€™ve found has got to be rFactor and it has a huge modding comunity so id think the tools to maybe port the cars over would be possible.