Generations II: The Full Line Challenge [LORE][FINAL SCORES]

EG any of the V8 Falcons… GT-HO is technically a Musclecar

1 Like

You can. Remember that when you make a trim, you can also use a different body style from the same body family. SO you could make a sedan and a coupe, with the sedan being your regular entry and the coupe being the muscle car.

3 Likes

Sorry for the long no-update here. Obviously as the Stable Build has not been released yet, I’m still in a holding pattern on this competition. Unlike AEC, however, I’m not polling on this one. We will still be waiting for the next stable release build, no matter what. Hang in there!

3 Likes

If only we had a crystal ball and knew it was going to take so long to do the update we could have had another round done

It is what it is. :slight_smile: Mostly just making sure you all know that I haven’t checked out.

1 Like

Can we do this round before stable, im waiting for my lore.

Seeing as how mods are different between stable and beta, and most of the people participating are currently on beta… no.

3 Likes

will this be carried on now we have the new release?

I hope so - it’s looking very likely now.

1 Like

Well, Steam just let me down there… it didn’t notify me that there was an update or a pending update! Lol… so, without further ado…

Round 3 - 1966

On his way out, President Eisenhower sends sends American soldiers into harm’s way, this time in Vietnam. After ushering in a new era of hope with his election in 1960, John F Kennedy gets to work on the nation’s problems, including dealing with the heated space race between the USA and Soviet Union. The Soviets soon have a leg up in this matter, as they launch Yuri Gagarin in the first manned space mission. Meanwhile, overseas oil production comes under control of an economic cartel known as OPEC. Further increasing Cold War tensions, the Soviets erect the Berlin Wall in 1961. Nuclear war nearly comes as the Cuban Missile Crisis heats up in 1962, but the situation is defused before it is too late. Shocking the entertainment world, Marilyn Monroe is found dead of an overdose. And yet, a few months later, Beatlemania begins to sweep the world. John F. Kennedy’s life and presidency are cut short by an assassin’s bullet in 1963. Lyndon Johnson is sworn in, and then easily won re-election in 1964. The action in Vietnam becomes a full fledged war for the US. At home, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 expands upon the earlier protections of the previous act. Yet another feat of architecture and engineering is completed in 1965, as the Gateway Arch is built in St. Louis. And still, suburban expansion continues, as the first Baby Boomers reach college and the workforce.

Economy
Unemployment: Low

Inflation: Low

Economy: Booming

Short-term economic forecast: Continued expansion

Notable Social and Political Happenings

Civil Rights Act signed into law. US involvement in Vietnam begins. Kennedy Elected. OPEC forms. Berlin Wall rises. First manned missions to space. Cuba Missile Crisis. Space Needle built for '62 Worlds Fair. Spiderman makes first appearance in Marvel comics. Marilyn Monroe found dead. Beatlemania. Kennedy assassinated. Johnson sworn in, and re-elected the next year. Vietnam war heats up to full-fleged conflict for US. Civil Rights Act of 1964. Gateway Arch built. Baby boomers now starting to enter college and the workforce.

Regulations

Fuel: Leaded (universal), Super Leaded (universal)

Bumpers: Required, but no regulation as to size or strength.

Front lights and fixtures: At least one pair of headlights required. Only round, sealed-beam are allowed in this era. At least one pair of turn indicators required. Turn signals may be placed in bumpers.

Front light colors: No red may face forward.

Rear lights: At least one pair of brake lights. At least one pair of turn signals. At least one pair of reverse lights. Turn signals and reverse lights may be placed in bumpers. If turn and brake lights are in the same fixture and of the same color, there must be a minimum of two bulbs in the fixture.

Rear light colors: Brakes must be red. Reverse must be white. Turn signals cannot be white.

Side marker/signal lights: Front side markers required. Rear side markers not required.

Side light colors: Front side markers must be amber. Optional rear side markers must be red.

Mirrors: Driver’s side required.

Aerials: Long mast antenna required if car has a radio.

Fuel fillers: Fillers on the rear panel and hidden behind fixtures are legally allowed (Regulations banning this will occur in the early 70’s). Fuel fillers must be on the opposite end of the vehicle from the engine.

Tires: Cross ply (universal) is REQUIRED for US-based manufacturers. Radial (rare, expensive) may be used by import companies, but this will incur a stat penalty to your most important stats on any car so equipped. This restriction will remain in effect until radial tires become mainstream in the US in 1970.

File Naming Convention:
Model: G2R3-(category)-(username) Trim: (MFR Model Trim)

Engine: G2R3-(category)-(username) Variant: (Whatever you want)

Export and PM me the .car file, make a post about your car in your lore thread (if not already there), and post an ad in this thread BEFORE the round deadline.

Vehicle Categories This Round:

Compact (File naming convention: CM) - Entry-level small cars. Typically aimed at low income or first-time buyers.

Intermediate (File naming convention: IM) - Larger than a compact car, usually a size class smaller than the manufacturer’s flagship vehicle but by this time can be encroaching on size.

Utility (File naming convetion: UT) - Pickup trucks or cargo vans, possibly coupe utilities as well.

Muscle Car (File naming convention: MC) - High-power cars, often 2-doors based off of existing models. Can include Pony Cars as well. SPECIAL RESTRICTION: Vehicle MUST be a trim another submitted vehicle

Remember, vehicle categories are based on your company’s lore for the US market, there is not a specific body size requirement or type for any category…
(though the Muscle Car category MUST be based off of one of your other models)

NO NEW COMPANY REGISTRATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED

Round 3 deadline: Sunday July 19, 4:00 PM PST (UTC-8)

Companies now eligible in this competition:
All EXCEPT Hakumai and Bravado

6 Likes

I don’t necessarily want to do this, but seeing as how so much time passed before we restarted, I’ma have to sit here and tag everyone in the competition to make sure they know things are going.

@DukeOFhazards
@thecarlover
@mart1n2005
@Mikonp7
@lddrs
@FitRS
@Arn38fr
@HighOctaneLove
@Aaron.W
@patridam
@Elizipeazie
@Fayeding_Spray
@Rise_Comics
@ProfessorP3PP3R
@abg7
Sorry if you’ve already seen this and are working on your cars. I’m just making sure EVERYONE knows.

5 Likes

late 1957

ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to a poorly contained fire within Anhultz manufacturing plants and R&D complexes, Anhultz will retreat from the US market for the forseeable future.

@VicVictory

meaning:
a gap in the lore and completely new cars with little connection to previous entries

that is: if i enter at all

3 Likes

(Intermediate: Chesapeake S Wagon. Muscle car: Chesapeake GT)

(Utility: A100 4WD)

(Compact: Sentinel L)

3 Likes

1966 Hampton Model Range

Lore Post

Above, from left: Ferret II 1.8 sedan, Valiant II 3.0 Prime sedan, Valiant II 5.0 Sprint coupe, and Transtar 2.0 panel van.

Hampton Motor Group of Warwickshire, England is proud to present their new 1966 model range, including the following vehicles:

• Ferret II (submitted trim: Ferret 1.8) - Our entry-level offering provides economical motoring on a tight budget. This small sedan starts from $12,600 and comes with an AM radio as standard.

• Valiant II (submitted trim: Prime 3.0) - Redesigned for 1966, this is our intermediate-sized car, with a larger cabin for improved comfort. The Valiant II Prime 3.0 starts from $15,000 and comes standard with a higher-grade AM radio, with a premium interior and sound system available in higher-end trims.

• Valiant Sprint (submitted trim: Valiant V8 5.0) - This high-performance version of the Valiant is aimed at the emerging American muscle and pony car market. Powered by a 245-horsepower 5-litre V8, it packs plenty of performance in a lighter package than most of its competitors, and all at a base price of just $18,800.

• Transtar (submitted trim: Transtar 2.0) - Now into its tenth year of production, the Transtar remains a compelling choice in the utility van market, with a very high load capacity of over 2 metric tons - and with a low base price to boot, at just $10,200.

The 1966 Hampton Motor Group range will go on sale in the fall of 1965 as 1966 models. Please contact your nearest dealer for test drive inquiries.

2 Likes

AMENDMENT

The damage sustained due to the fire has been significantly more severe than anticipated.
As a result, Anhultz will permanently retire from the US market.

@VicVictory

read: won’t be entering future rounds due to data loss and IRL schtuff

3 Likes

Sorry to hear, but thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

THE 1966 CHARGE LINE:
UT: CCM TopPick 4500HD
CM: Charge Dynasty Exemplar 200 (ignore black parts, they are actually normal)
IM: Charge Wesson 315 Hellfire
MU: Charge Wesson 415 GSX

5 Likes

RETCON: The fire happened in 1961 rather than '57

Generous offer saves Anhultz on US market!

Bogliq Automotive USA has offered Anhultz to involve themselves in their recent chassis developments. As such, Anhultz will be able to return to the US market with the 1966 model year.

@VicVictory
imma enter!
note:lore-wise, the basic chassis architecture has been supplied by Bogliq Automotive, but subsequently heavily altered to into Anhultz as a brand, meaning Bogliq and Anhultz Vehicles will have fairly little in common.
(Only things being bodies used and suspension system choice)

3 Likes

The Detroit Family Bugle

Here’s my link to the lore surrounding this event, it was a lot of fun to write and I look forward to how it all pans out come judgement day!

@VicVictory, @Elizipeazie

2 Likes

Anhultz's Return!!

left; beside road: Anhultz Dione V BX
far back: Anhultz Puck I C
front; center: Anhultz Dione V C
far right: Anhultz Dione V S

4 Likes