Generations II: The Full Line Challenge [LORE][FINAL SCORES]

@VicVictory

i have ran into a bit of an issue for round two.
Anhultz doesn’t really do sports cars aand… i have come up with various ways to deal with it.

1. try and half-ass a non-sports car with a bigger engine -> send a high-spec Mimas and hope for the best
  2. sell unchanged Keikas as Anhultz’s (wondering if retroactively adding the captive import thing would be possible)
  3. sell unchanged cars from a third-party company in no way associated with Generations II as Anhultz’s
  4. alter empty shells (frame and body) from said third-party company and sell those as Anhultz’s

i’d like to ask which of above options would be legal from a challenge point of view as to not be unfair towards other players

thanks in advance.

changelog:
basically rewrote entire post cuz it was a clusterfuck of characters…

2 Likes

Perfectly legal is #1. Remember, there was a Utility entry from last round that was a sedan. It was the closest thing they made, in lore, to a utility.

#2 is legal as long as your lore states you own at least 25% of the company you’d be importing by the year that you’re trying to import it. Given how long until Anhultz takes over Keika, and their general status as “recovering after the war”, it still seems a bit early to me to have that be realistic. It’s technically, legal, but shady. (Edit: For comparison, I can’t use Suzume cars as captive imports until 1974)

Options 3 and 4 are not legal. While I may not know, it’s a matter of integrity on your part. So I’d say probably not.

You missed option 5… not submit in that category. You will get, effectively, a 40% score. This may be better than submitting something horribly out of context, or it may not. (Last round, companies split the difference on this one)

Option 5 is, in terms of public opinion, “They don’t have one now. I’d love to see them build one. I wonder if they’re developing one?” It’s also not an option you want to use on a regular basis, because it’s hard to come back from if you do that more than a couple times.

1 Like

Waiting until the 1970s…

Hey @Elizipeazie

Here’s an idea. Jump-start the muscle-car movement!

Your car would only be four years in advance of the (theoretical for Gen II) Pontiac GTO, plus the first successful idea is usually prefaced by a bunch of almost successes. The GTO was the first, genre defining, muscle-car but there were predecessor cars which could have fitted the bill. I’m thinking cars like the Hudson Hornet and the 1957 Chevrolet 150 w/ optional V8 and manual gearbox…

But, if it just doesn’t fit your lore then do as @VicVictory says and submit either nothing or a luxury saloon that’s fast (think GT category) or, like the 1957 Chev, a volume selling car with a particularly speedy set of options!

I loo forward to how you choose to proceed :smile:

2 Likes

1960: Watson Motors continues it development. Our engineers work tirelessly to improve the quality and robustness of our chassis and engines. This year Watson Motors is launching three new models:

• The Watson Aquila is closely derived from the Antlia while improving its reliability, comfort, consumption and driveability. It introduces a brand new 3-speed automatic transmission.

• The Watson Ariesa reuses and improves the engine of the Auviera. However, it is based on a brand new chassis that offers first-rate comfort and safety.

• Finally, Watson Motors is particularly proud to present a brand new sports car designed to offer particularly high driving pleasure both in straight lines and in curves : the Watson Arcadia.

5 Likes

There were indeed a few ideas for somewhat small-ish sporty coupes in America, before the GTO and Mustang and such. 1957 saw the Rambler Rebel, an intermediate with a fuel injected V8. There was the Studebaker Hawk from 1956 onwards, which had a four-barrel-dual-exhaust V8 (pretty much the optimal GT car for automation), and 1961 saw the Buick Special “senior compact” with a 3.5 liter aluminum V8.

You could easily pep up your smallest coupe and give it four premiuim seats and a manual transmission.

1 Like

A little over 72 hours left in the submission period. I do not have submissions from:

@DukeOFhazards
@thecarlover
@mart1n2005
@Mikonp7
@lddrs
@Aaron.W
@patridam
@Elizipeazie
@Rise_Comics
@ProfessorP3PP3R

5 Likes

1960's Deer And Hunt Lineup

-DaH Goonie
The newest addition to the Deer And Hunt Lineup. Perfect for everyone how just needs a reliable car.

-DaH Hawg Deluxe
For people who rather crawl thorugh your neighbours front lawn than the wilderness.

-DaH Fellow RUT
The first vehicle holding the RUT iron sights badge. No more late deliveries!

6 Likes

Aldeane Automotive Company has withdrawn due to computer hardware failure.

I have decided against trying to do more “conversations” between executives, and other role play, simply because working in the industry that is 100% not how decisions are made.

Anyway, for 1960, the Earl Motor Company brings us many stylish, reliable, competitive models!

The Earl Eagle Custom Wagon - Intermediate Entry
The Eagle is the family car of tomorrow - easy to drive, easy to park, with room for up to six in a pinch (delete option front bench required). The huge rear cargo area of a wagon only improves this capability. A standard 100 gross hp Black Smoke Six engine and 3 speed manual provide efficiency and utility, but optional 115hp engine, 2 speed automatic, and power steering can make driving a breeze.

The Silverhare Cavallaro - Full Size Entry
Stable, Secure, Stylish, & Safe. The Cavallaro is the luxury car without the luxury pricetag. The largest car you need, with the largest engine you need, and the most conveniences you want - but nothing more. Be the gentleman of the open road with so many smartly chosen standard features that the only thing you really need to pick is the color. Standard with a 230 gross horsepower V8 engine and three speed automatic transmission.

The Earl Banshee - Sports Entry
The Banshee is the American made car that provides the fine sporting driver’s experience of a European road car. But more than that, it maintains the comfort, value, and drivability of Earl’s finest vehicles, but most of all our company’s unmatched reliability. Truly, the best of both worlds.

11 Likes

So is the deadline Sunday the 22nd or Monday the 23rd?

Here is the 1960 range of Courageux Croisiere luxe automatique (IM), Courageux L’americain 2400 (FS) and Courageux Ambronay B spider 1700 (SP)

5 Likes

I meant Monday the 23rd and I guess didn’t change the day when I copypasta’ed. I have fixed it.

Fair enough. When people try to portray my industry they get it 100% wrong too. Lol. The rest of us who are participating in that are just having fun anyway.

2 Likes

A little over 48 hours left in the submission period (honestly this time!). I do not have submissions from:

@DukeOFhazards
@thecarlover
@lddrs
@Elizipeazie
@Rise_Comics
@ProfessorP3PP3R

1 Like

I’m developing. Is that it is a difficult decision between investing the company’s little resource in a new project without knowing what will be the public’s acceptance or modifying / correcting the current models that no longer comes from a good acceptance. :man_facepalming::grimacing:

Anhultz Automobile Manufacturing

Intermediate: Anhultz Dione IV Comfort

A Refined version of the already well-established Dione III.

Full-Size: Anhultz Superkroon III Base

car on left

Literally the same thing as last rounds Senior entry, but in base spec and with some alterations to account for the 4 year difference between rounds.

Sports: Anhultz Superkroon III Luxe

car on right

Well… same idea as the full-size entry, but only having two-doors and shown is top-spec trim.

VicVictory:
I am sorry for the lack of change in design, but given the need to keep pace tech-wise and the Rotterdam Plant being under Construction, funding for new designs is really lacking, even with the debt being erased. This will continue until around the mid-60s.

• META: Actual reason being the lack of good Bodies for Anhultz to use… gotta wait for the 1965 family of bodies…
  • Also: i cloned the Superkroons family to account for naming. Both entries are different versions of the same car
6 Likes

FOR 1960:
Charge Champion 300A:

Charge Cisco 1:

Charge Grande Rapier Sprint 6 - Final run edition:

5 Likes

1960 Dominion Laurier (210 and Starliner)

Lore Here

1960 Dominion Raven

Lore Here

9 Likes

SIlver-York for 1960

1960 Silver-York Sovereign 4 window Sedan

1960 Silver-York Basilinna

17 Likes

1960 Rocha Madison Luxo 430

1960 Rocha Dallas Imperial 650

1960 Rocha Rocket 670

4 Likes