Generations II: The Full Line Challenge [LORE][FINAL SCORES]

Murica Compact… you mean slightly smaller than the USS Missouri? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Attention: Bogliq line-up has been modified!!!

Warnimg!!! Retcon gun in use!!!

The E5 Beagle has been deleted from the official Bogliq lore and isn’t competing in Round 9… Here’s the car that will be taking part and flying the Bogliq flag in the Sports Compact segment.

MY96 Bogliq Buttress 132DLH

The 132DLH was the spiritual successor to the Sachem AE’s of the 60’s and 70’s!

It was no secret that Bogliq engineers didn’t like FWD; the A4 Buttress was meant to debut with FWD but the backlash was so severe the idea was dropped. But, with the competition trampling Bogliq in just about every market, the A5 was designed from the outset with FWD.

But the Bogliq die-hards refused to lie down and die. They started a drinking game one evening; you had to take a shot of Garcian spiced rum every time an engineer complained about FWD. Late in the evening, heavily inebriated, the lead engineer decided to find a way to make a FWD handle as well as any RWD. The result was the 132DLH. The main feature of the car was the new, quasi-prototype, CX V8; a 60 degree, 3.2L DAOHC V8 with both Camlift and Camshift. This engine revved harder than any Bogliq V8 before and was also frugal on gas. The suspension and interior was tweaked to maximise handling and grip with an extensive aero undertray ensuring the Buttress hugged the tarmac at warp speed!

Bogliq had cancelled the cancellation of the DLH program and was dropping variety of platforms in order to better market their core product; cars built by the people, for the people… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

By the people, for the people? Oh brother…

3 Likes

Since vic is not here to remind us, We have 1 day, idek how long left with hours. im not sure, correct me if im wrong.

I’m here to remind you this weekend. :wink: 1 day 6.5 hours left.

@mart1n2005 and @lddrs, you need to get your stuff in!

1 Like

Ah ok. i thought you still was out of town. (I Did reference a car design thread here because im looking for an perfornance upgrade for one of the cars i submitted for next round to keep up with the times and a restyle.)

@VicVictory also is the next G2R10 Round 1999?

The original Generations tournament actually concluded with a round set in 1999 (although it could have continued beyond that, if not for a combination of scheduling conflicts and lack of lore for some entrants), but this one might not, in which case it could continue well into the 21st century. If it does, I’m expecting the next round to be set sometime in the early 00s (2000 to 2003).

The year for next round has not yet been randomized. However, since it’s a 4-6 year span between rounds, you can safely narrow it down to 2000-2002.

2 Likes

Nice!

Coming soon for Generations Round 10. No Hakumai car will ever be remembered for its looks but, What might eventually become a Twin-Turbo V8 car, or an Twin turbo V6, could be a I6 Tuned by Crest Race Cars. (a third party)

3 Likes

You’re welcome :wink:

no problem, its ready for the next round. Soon ill tune the engine to spec.

1 Like

Alright, I need look no further than the cars in GTA III (2001) to get some styling ideas then! My ability to make attractive cars is going downhill fast after the 80s.

1 Like

im totally not futureproofing car designs

how much hours left till next Generations round?

Edit: i forgot something for the 150XT Car. Front reflectors. The car was originally meant to not have the round headlight cover pieces to mimic cars with round headlights, but rather normal headlights like all the other manufacturers competing in Generations II.

Why is that car using 6-lug rims (MY96 Bogliq Buttress 132DLH)

Bogliq engineers aren’t used to high RPM engines and want to make sure the wheels don’t fall off… True story, I heard it from a guy who’s Mum is the lunch-lady in the R&D breakroom where she overheard a couple of engineers talking about it.

Nice, it wont fall off with 5 lug wheels though, or is it because the ancient bogliq engineers thought that it wont work. Meanwhile our R&D department is still thinking of making the cars more and more ahead of their time and using the very modern DOHC

1 Like

Sports compact entry: Courageux 15 Type - N

The facelift “15” bows out with this 1996 wrc homologation entry. Powered by a turbo charged 2.0 engine producing 235bhp@6500rpm. The drivetrain is a rear biased awd system with geared differentials and a sporty 5 speed gearbox with the 0-100 run in 6 seconds.

The type - N swaps the steel doors and bonnet for lightweight aluminium components and a front splitter and large rear wing are also installed.

3 Likes