Generations II: The Full Line Challenge [LORE][FINAL SCORES]

Ahh okay, I’m defo gonna have to skip on this as much as I’d be interested, its just not viable: 1. Its just not possible to make certain models with the bodies in game. 2. Im far too lazy of a sod :sob::joy:

Each category, for each round, will receive a set of weighted stat benchmarks (which, for anti-minmaxing purposes, are NOT publicized). These are different round-to-round as tastes change with the public, It’s also possible, with how things are weighted, that two very different cars could conceivably have relatively close scores. Real world translation: your S-class is popular with people looking for a luxury car, while your “entry-level” Impala may be popular with the masses.

(Not the Camry, cause that’s a mid-size. :wink: )

Edit: for the more specialized categories, I may give you hints in a round telling you where the market is swinging. But for things like compact cars? Those don’t fundamentally change.

1 Like

Just make a Million Facelifts. Ezpz

2 Likes

One week (or until I say so) remaining for registration. 15 companies on the list so far.

I 100% endorse this idea!!! Building a lore based company is fun and I wouldn’t let possibly missing some rounds keep you from the learning experience!

@ProfessorP3PP3R Don’t try to win, try to have fun and build your RP experience instead; that’s how I play Generations, lmao!!! :rofl:

5 Likes

For those of you on the fence due to time/lore limitations, here’s another way you can look at it: “Look how I did with one hand tied behind my back”. :smiley:

4 Likes

If for some reason I actually choose to enter, I’ll keep that in mind; I won’t be there to win, but to just have fun and learn how to build up a brand’s lore.

I mean, I know that and tbh I wasn’t planning on winning, and I’ve pretty much got the majority of my Yorkie lore done :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:. I never try to win so yes! But its less about being able to build up my lore since most of it is finessed off rn, though it would be a good excuse to develop my secondary company :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

the typo still is there, just sayin’

Can i join as Masuko the company is founded in 1964?

Yes, provided you send a PM with all the proper info. Given a start year of 1964, you would not start submitting until at least round 3.

I have decided the typo is now lore. :stuck_out_tongue: (Fixed)

1 Like

So yea I have decided to drop SY into this!

the classic domestic vs import luxury battle can now be called

1 Like

Approximately 68 hours remaining for registration.

2 Likes

You hit the nail right on the head here. People need to chill.

3 Likes

Well, it looks like I’m going to have a busy weekend again and may be a couple days before I can respond to things. This happens to fall right in the middle of when the registration closes. However, because we’ve got a 14+ day turnaround for rounds this time… why not just open it up a couple days early and still accept registrations?

I WILL STILL ACCEPT COMPANY REGISTRATIONS UNTIL NOON PST SATURDAY (2000 UTC)
I WILL ACCEPT THE FIRST ROUND OF COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS IMMEDIATELY
I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE ROLEPLAY OF YOUR COMPANY’S PROMINENT PEOPLE, INCLUDING EXECUTIVES, AS WELL AS INTERACTION WITH OTHER COMPANIES (EX: BOGLIQ VS ARDENT)
ADS OF SOME SORT POSTED IN THE THREAD ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS. IT IS YOUR CHOICE IF YOUR VEHICLES ARE ADVERTISED INDEPENDENTLY FROM EACH OTHER IN MULTIPLE ADS, OR TOGETHER IN ONE.
Round 1 - 1956
The United States is engaged in a Cold War with the Soviets, as Communist vs. Democracy tensions run high. At home, a streak of prosperity seems to continue unabated. Economic news as of late has been good. While The GDP growth has slowed a couple times and unemployment has fluctuated earlier in the decade, things seem to have settled, and the minimum wage is on the cusp of being increased in 1956 to $1/hr. Suburban boom is in full swing, televisions and telephones seem to be a staple for homes across the country, and The King is rocking and rolling his way across the country. On the automotive front, political rumblings abound that a massive highway infrastructure program may be passed, with the potential for linking every state with high-speed, limited access motorways. Many existing highways and turnpikes are said to be rolled in to this plan, and potentially decades of expansion may be on the horizon. But there is also social unrest at home. Senator McCarthy has conducted Senate hearings to root out Communism in the US, and Brown vs. Board of Education has determined that segregated schooling is not Constitutional, setting up the scene for unrest in the South. As 1956 approaches, President Eisenhower seeks re-election…

Economy
Unemployment: Low
Inflation: Low
Economy: Strong growth
Short-term economic forecast: Economy cooling

Notable Social and Political Happenings
End of Korean War. Cold War with the Soviet Union. Congress is working on a highway infrastructure act. Suburban flight is in full swing. Racial tension in the South about to reach a boiling point. McCarthyism and anti-Communist sentiment. Polio vaccine introduced. Rise of Rock and Roll.

Regulations
Fuel: Leaded (universal), Super Leaded (common)
Bumpers: Required, but no regulation as to size or strength.
Front lights and fixtures: At least one pair of headlights required. Only round, sealed-beam are allowed in this era. At least one pair of turn indicators required. Turn signals may be placed in bumpers.
Front light colors: No red may face forward.
Rear lights: At least one pair of brake lights. At least one pair of turn signals. At least one pair of reverse lights. Turn signals and reverse lights may be placed in bumpers. If turn and brake lights are in the same fixture and of the same color, there must be a minimum of two bulbs in the fixture.
Rear light colors: Brakes must be red. Reverse must be white. Turn signals cannot be white.
Side marker/signal lights: not required until 1963
Side light colors: amber only
Mirrors: Driver’s side required.
Aerials: Long mast antenna required if car has a radio.
Fuel fillers: Fillers on the rear panel and hidden behind fixtures are legally allowed. Fuel fillers must be on the opposite end of the vehicle from the engine.
Tires: Cross ply (universal) is REQUIRED for US-based manufacturers. Radial (rare, expensive) may be used by import companies, but this will incur a stat penalty to your most important stats on any car so equipped. This restriction will remain in effect until radial tires become mainstream in the US in 1970.

File Naming Convention:
Model: G2R1-(category)-(username) Trim: (MFR Model Trim)
Engine: G2R1-(category)-(username) Variant: (Whatever you want)
Export and PM me the .car file, make a post about your car in your lore thread (if not already there), and post an ad in this thread BEFORE the round deadline.

Vehicle Categories This Round:
“Junior” (File naming convention: JR) - Typically the “entry” level model, smaller than the “senior” models
“Senior” (File naming convention: SR) - Larger, “upscale” models. Typically targeted at middle class or higher.
Utility (File naming convention: UT) - Workhorse vehicles of the era, most commonly pickups and vans.

Remember, vehicle categories are based on your company’s lore for the US market, there is not a specific body size requirement or type for any category…
(though the Utility category will strongly favor pickup and van types)

If your company hasn’t registered for the competition yet and you want to participate in this round, please PM the required company information BY SATURDAY FEB 22, 12:00PM PST (UTC-8).

Round 1 deadline: Sunday March 8, 12:00 AM PST (UTC-8)
Companies now eligible in this competition:
All currently registered

8 Likes

I’m experiencing a sudden burst of unexplainable excitement for this :grin:

4 Likes

oh boy…
time to build about 7 cars in just over two weeks…

EDIT:

what do i do if i happen to use the same engine in two entries?

Just wondering, what do you expect between a “junior” and “senior” car here? For example, Chevrolet had the 210 as an entry level car and the Bel Air as a higher end car and they shared the same chassis and body. Would both of those be the “junior” while the “senior” would be more Buick or Cadillac? Or would the Bel Air fit more as a “senior” model?

Also, with all those light regulations, no mention of the sealed beam headlight laws? Doesn’t need to be strict for size but it would make sense to say “only two round headlights allowed” for this year and changing over time as required.

Name the engine with the naming convention for first car. Export first car. Rename the engine with the naming convention of the second car. Export second car. That should work. If it doesn’t differentiate on my side, it should still pull up the file and have a complete car. (if not, I’ll let you know and we’ll work through getting it resubmitted)

That depends on how your company defines it. Each category will weight certain stats higher or lower for each category. So two cars on the same body may have one do exceptionally well in one category and mediocre in another. Or two cars on two different bodies may fare drastically differently.

Theoretically people will want to be “period correct” and use sealed beam lamps, but I can go ahead and edit the reqs real quick.