@thecarlover
@mart1n2005
@DukeOFhazards
@lddrs
@Arn38fr
@Aaron.W
@Rise_Comics
@ProfessorP3PP3R

Please get them in, preferably sooner than later so I can spend less time after the deadline processing and more time writing reviews and turning over the round!

I’m not going to name names, but one person on that list has submitted their cars twice, both times with the incorrect file naming convention, and in a way that makes it impossible for me to tell in which category they want me to judge a couple of their cars. As a reminder:

File Naming Convention:

Model: G2R1-(category)-(username) Trim: (MFR Model Trim)
Engine: G2R1-(category)-(username) Variant: (Whatever you want)

“Junior” (File naming convention: JR)
“Senior” (File naming convention: SR)
Utility (File naming convention: UT)

The .car files must be PM’ed to me, and some form of ad must be posted to the thread by the end of the submission period! And don’t forget to update your lore thread, too!

Just wondering, how strict are you about the model designation in the engine file name? If I use the same engine in two of the cars I won’t be able to give each one a different name.

This was previously addressed.

I can confirm that this works, as 3 companies have done this already.

1 Like

The Charge lineup for 1956:
JR: Dynasty Trident 300 Sedan

SR: Riva Bella 200A Hardtop

UT: CBT Delta 400HD

7 Likes

Dem colours! WOOW :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

1956 Dominion Elgin V8

Lore Here

1956 Dominion Victory Deluxe

Lore Here

1956 Dominion Highliner Delivery

Lore Here

10 Likes

5 Likes

Note: I’ve been getting a lot of “missing mod” errors when importing. FYI, I have 302 total mods installed. To my knowledge, what I don’t have installed is anything that comes up as “incompatible” when I install it, and various badge packs. Hopefully I’m not missing anything that’s critical for the requirements. :confused:

Edit: 4 of the 8 missing entries have been received. 27 hours left until deadline!

4 Likes

Heh I have like 380+ mods here (most of which are supported) and I still sometimes get the missing mod message :joy:

I’m a potato and cant math when my kids are stressing me out.

NOW it’s 24 hours until deadline. :stuck_out_tongue:

Still missing entries from:
@lddrs
@Rise_Comics
@Aaron.W
@ProfessorP3PP3R

5 Likes

Rocha Motor Company - 1956

7 Likes

Silver-York Sovereign for 1956

*sadly NOMAD had no time to be finished due to IRL stuffs

11 Likes

12 Likes

Crap, my laptop is being fixed…

SON OF A…

I just lost 4 hours of writing because, like a dumbass, I was doing it in the editor here… and my touchpad freaked out and deleted EVERYTHING and of course there isn’t an undo. So I’m going to start working in Notepad now and not be a dumbass.

In the mean time, here are my honorable mentions for visual design for this round (do not count for points… but extra props for their designers for going above and beyond)

Silver-York Sovereign Sedan
Charge Riva Bella 200A
Earl Glenwood
Watson Auviera 350 Hardtop

8 Likes

I’m surprised you picked the Glenwood over the Shambala, but either way, I’m flattered!

Given the long term focus of this challenged I don’t think any of us will mind if you have to take your time on turnaround.

OK… I was (barely) able to rewrite the Junior class before I needed to head to bed. So here that is. The rest will come out hopefully tomorrow night.

Also, for those of you who either read or participated in the original Generations, you are probably used to getting a Relative Rating for your car. Because this is a full-line challenge, individual cars will not get an RR, but rather the company as a whole gets one at the end of the round, weighted for the importance of the various segments.

All reviews are IN ORDER from top to bottom performers in their class.

Best of Junior Class - 1956

Katsuro Model A-2-X

With such a wide varitey of Junior-grade cars available this year, the hunt for our gem was a difficult one. Over thousands of miles and many months, our staff waded through the more than dozen vehicles to find a little sedan from Japan.

Meet the Katsuro Model A-2-X. Admittedly, the biggest portion of this tiny titan’s foundation deals with cost. That is, the miniscule cost to buy and own it.

It is not quite the cheapest to buy. That honor goes to the Ardent Starlight. But the Katsuro is not nearly as punishing to drive as the Ardent, other than its even slower run up to to highway speed. Like many imports, the Katsuro has only two front seats, and a gap between them, up front. But these items are about all we can complain about with the Katusuro Model A-2-X.

It is competent on-road, possibly because it doesn’t have enough power to get into trouble. It is also inexpensive and easy to service, cheap to buy, and is expected to hold up well mechanically over the years.

Junior Class Reviews

Bogliq Bettong Deluxe

“…a good all-around car for a good price. Roomy, comfortable, and yet simple. Alas, the Bogliq’s road manners are less than stellar…”

Pros: High reliability, high practicality, good comfort
Cons: Poor handling

Ardent Starlight 200 Special

“…the venerable Starlight is the choice when low cost is the absolute requirement. It is cheap to buy and run, but is obsolete and outmatched in every other way…”

Pros: Lowest in round purchase cost, low maintenance cost, high practicality
Cons: Poor comfort, poor handling

Anhultz Mimas III Comfort

“…a good balance of features and low cost that sips gas thanks to its post-war European sensibility. Anhultz could stand to invest a little more in making the ride more comfortable…”

Pros: Low purchase cost, great fuel economy, good reliability
Cons: Poor comfort, mediocre handling

Valence 250 Sedan
Fixture Violation: No side mirror (first offense, no penalty)

“…great road manners from the Valence 250. Maintenance is easy as well. Aside from this, the Valence is very middle of the road…”

Pros: Good handling, low maintenance cost
Cons: Mediocre in every other way

Earl Glenwood

“…well packaged, reliable wagon that is easier to handle than many of its sedan counterparts. It is on the pricier end, and not just at the dealership either…”

Pros: Good handling, high reliability
Cons: Somewhat expensive, poor fuel economy

Hampton Ferret 1.6
Note: Car equipped with radial tires. Creator accepted the associated penalties.

“…can cruise the highways in comfort, passing by service stations on the way. This comes at a price, both up front and down the road in repairs…”

Pros: Good handling, best in round fuel economy, good practicality
Cons: High purchase price, poor reliability

Charge Dynasty Trident

“…decent inexpensive option. We found that it didn’t have great room for luggage or people, and we had some disconcerting problems with the test vehicle…”

Pros: Relatively low purchase price, good reliability, good fuel economy
Cons: Poor handling, poor practicality

Courageux Ambronay Berline Luxe

“…comfortable for both highway and city use. It is easy on fuel as well. Just remember to pack light…”

Pros: Good comfort, good fuel economy
Cons: Poor practicality

Dominion Victory Deluxe

“…Canada’s finest small car handles ruts and chuckholes without drama. However, it drinks gas and doesn’t have a particularly large trunk…”

Pros: Relatively low purchase price, good handling
Cons: Poor fuel economy, poor practicality

Watson Antlia
Fixture Violation: No antenna (First offense, no penalty)

“…powerful 235 cubic inch straight six is a bit much to handle, even in less than spirited driving. Barring that, the Antlia is a wonderful boulevard machine…”

Pros: Very comfortable
Cons: High purchase price, questionable reliability, worst in class drivability

Rocha Madison 430

“…good amount of space for 5 people and luggage. That’s the most we can say for this Brazilian machine…”

Pros: High practicality
Cons: High purchase price, poor reliability, worst in class fuel economy, high maintenance cost

Platinum Panamerica 55

“…gives its occupants comfort and convenience features only found on larger cars. This truly is a toy for those with money to burn, who still want something smaller…”

Pros: Best in class comfort
Cons: Excessive purchase price, excessive maintenance cost, abhorrent reliability

9 Likes

Oh crap… lol I wasn’t expecting that :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Earl Glenwood

“…well packaged, reliable wagon that is easier to handle than many of its sedan counterparts. It is on the pricier end, and not just at the dealership either…”

Pros: Good handling, high reliability
Cons: Somewhat expensive, poor fuel economy

All fair enough, probably symptoms of being a Murica-sized 7 seater instead of the European half of the entries. That and nothing but two speed automatics available.

poor fuel economy

HOO boy you ain’t seen nothing yet, it only goes downhill from here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oupsss… It’s a crime, I should be guillotined … :rofl:

3 Likes