EPOCH M50 Turbo
Bringing Power To The people

8 Likes

More like:

EPOCH M50 Turbo
Standing up against supremacy
Because we can’t make supremacy.

Buy Keika

On mobile, and I really wanted to make a comeback. Sorry it’s trash.
5 Likes

Just over 24 hours left for submissions in this round, for those of you who have not yet completed.

Also, I think at this point all of the main and most of the finer points in the argument have been thrown out. Please, let’s just move on. Everyone. Hashing it out further isn’t going to do anyone any good.

6 Likes

i just had a look in this thread again. what is with the attack towards the Supremacy?

i’m flattered :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I just can’t help but feeling I chose to unleash the Sunbolt in this thread at exactly the wrong time. This isn’t even it’s final form, after all, and yet this round seems to be the most sportscar-heavy yet.

3 Likes

TRAFIKJOURNALEN MAY 1986

In numerous tests, we have criticized the Brigadeer series of offroad vehicles from IP for having ancient technology and horrible fuel economy. Especially the 3800 VIP model, utilizing the old Stellar pushrod V8 from the 60s and a very energy consuming autobox have recieved criticism. For the 1986 model year, new and stricter emissions laws in the home market caused IP to cease production of the Stellar V8, which also meant the end of the VIP version.

Or appearantly not, since it will return to the asian market this autumn, and for the european and american market for the 1988 model year. This time it will use IPs new and way more efficient OHC V8 with 3 valves per cylinder, that’s also going into the new Icarus and the facelifted Royalist model. With a somewhat smaller displacement, the name now will be 3600 VIP: Mated to a computer controlled auto gearbox instead of the old-fashioned slip-o-matic, not only has the fuel economy improved tremendously, but reports from the first test drives also says that it feels much more refined to drive now. Other improvements include ABS brakes and the new front end with aero composite halogen headlamps. This sparks some new life into the almost 10 year old platform, because according to IP, an all new Brigadeer is still some years away. However, we wait until our first test drive until we have the final say about the 3600 VIP.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I didn’t even scroll up that far. I just wanted to jab at Caliban.

1 Like

so your ad is… kind of unintentionally advertising mine too? in a weird convoluted way.

GREHET MYTHEME

*US Trim
original version shown here

Lore Post coming soon :tm:

edit : it was at this point, after everything said and done posted that i realised… i made that car far before my lore came up here to i haven’t made the badge then. and so… i forgot to change the badging. fug

5 Likes

… Uh oh. 10% deduction for badging. :wink:

1 Like

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

but who says 1 company can’t have more than 1 badge? right? :wink:

3 Likes

10 Likes

I have one thing and one thing only to say:

“Regal Touring Wagon”

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot about Buick when I named it Regal months ago. The full name of the model is Regal LXI Touring 4WD, but you know, gotta advertise for more than one trim level.

2 Likes

Click on the image to go to the ACA thread

ACA Traveller STO

Performance for the masses.

14 Likes

Lore post.
@Mikonp7 :wink:

8 Likes

280-GXR 1988 Facelift

4 Likes

12 Likes

It had been an eventful period since Maesima first entered the US market in 1982. While the humble Celento family initially failed to capture the hearts and minds of the automotive reviewers or the public. It’s low price, relative safety and fuel economy earn it a small place in the market. But David R. Clark and his US division didn’t rest on their laurels. Instead, he set about improving the Celento based on all the reviews and feedback.

This work culminated in the April 1985 release of the refreshed Celento featuring a revised look with new front fascia, tail treatments in addition to mechanical changes including an automatic transmission option and further refinements to the ride and handling. The range was revised and the new limited edition Trail-Trek edition was introduced.

This update addressed many of the criticisms of the old model regarding its reliability, servicing costs and drive and handling characteristics. As a result, sales improved for the sedan, wagon and even liftback models. However, the limited edition Trail-Trek model an idea by Clark to tap into the growing sports utility trend failed to impress. This hastily developed variant was widely panned by the press for being underpowered, uncomfortable and generally failing to capture the public’s interest. An excerpt from the era summarizes the vehicle as such

“…for a van it is surprisingly difficult to load. This is probably because of the depth of the cargo bay, but having only one portal from which to load it. Those hoping to use it for an active lifestyle would also be disappointed by its performance in off-highway scenarios. Furthermore, we’ve found that Maesima vehicles have a propensity to prematurely rust out…”

Thankfully, Clark managed to find an even better idea betting the whole companies US market success on a ‘win on Sunday sell on Monday’ strategy. In the 1987 season of ASCAR Maesima would achieve an unlikely and still somewhat controversial nationwide motoring success teaming up with the UK firm Armada and their intrepid founder Arthur “Ableman” Herrington. Teaming up with their US racing operations to form the highly successful Maesima Armada Racing that dominated the 1987 season. Which despite controversies surrounding the wins led to a rapid rise in sales for the brand securing its future operations in the US.

The all-new Celento also known as the NV-988 in some markets, was part of Maesima’s expansion in North America after the success of the first generation Celento. It was introduced in 1988. Riding on an all-new UF-platform featuring a new torsion beam rear suspension which replaced the old solid rear design. This provided marked improvements in ride and handling. The exterior was all-new and followed the trend towards aerodynamic design.

While underneath the same venerable MCO series of single overhead cams and two valves per cylinder engines were carried over with improvements. The 1.5-litre options were dropped leaving only a 2.0 litre in the lineup. While still carbureted it featured improvements in power and economy. Celento were built in Anikatia at the main factory facilities in Namju.

Celento Tz 2.0L 4AT: $4,690*

(*+20% in 1982 value equal to 8,645.00 (+20%) or 6,916.00 (+0%) in 2010 Autiomation units)

Original Lore Post

15 Likes

Ho boy! :grimacing:

You make more profit per car than me and my comparable model, the Mutineer Engage, costs $12,121… 1/3rd again more expensive! :scream:

:exploding_head: I don’t know how you got your price down so far! :exploding_head:

Bogliq USA is doomed… :worried:

3 Likes

1988 was considered to be the early into the “golden era” of Kimura’ growth.

In 1986, after great success with the Auburn and Auriga, Kimura developed a new small car for the world to see; the Avina. Based on a new platform, the Avina was one of the smallest cars sold in America, known for it’s wide list of standard equipment and good quality.

To this day it remains the smallest Kimura sold in the US market.

Here is an ad for the 1986 Kimura Avina BXi.

17 Likes