Generations [LORE, UE4] [FINAL RESULTS]

Mine was the kind of car that usually doesn’t do well and is 5 years old . Y’all gonna have some real competition next round :wink:

Your platform was 9 years old, with an 8 year old engine design. The Hood was 2 years old, with a 4 year old engine design. This is one of those “caught sleeping by the competition” moments. If you redesigned the T-rex and I kept pushing out the same Hood for round 12, the results would likely be flipped. :slight_smile:

But besides that, your cooling airflow slider was at 50, which is better for fuel economy but worse for reliability and utility. For a ute/truck, you might want that a bit higher. I think I set the Hood’s at 62. For fun, I just cranked yours up to 60 and got another 0.5 points of reliability, sacrificing just 0.1 MPG. It also boosted your utility score by 3 points.

2 Likes

Sure, but I am speaking in general, I either build cars that are unbreakable (manual) or crap (auto). :stuck_out_tongue:
But yes, I think I forgot to look at maybe adjusting the slider for the V6 version, on the 4 cylinder version (engine with roots in the 60s and single point injection) I had to do all I could to keep fuel economy down…

The platform will be replaced in 1997. However, I didn’t have many cars in the lore thread that was available in 1994 so I had to choose an old one… It is kind of a Pathfinder/4Runner competitor to start with, so it came around at the same time, and they started to get some tough competition from more modern SUVs in the mid 90s…they both was replaced around the same time too IIRC.

The conclusion though? Never buy an IP with automatic transmission because they will just self-destruct. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well, stop sourcing your autos from Honda then! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Honda? No I found a huge pile of leftover transmissions from 90s Dodge Caravans, very cheap! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Lore Here!

4 Likes

Hey folks. My job recently picked up from 30 hours per week, to 60 per week. It’s all good, because I was really hoping they would. It does however, cut into my automation game time, and I will not be able to finish this challenge. If I were, I would have wrote a story about how the S.U.V. market had grown so much that luxury brands were jumping into the market. My 1999 entry would have likely been an S.U.V.
Alternatively, much like the XC70 and Subaru Outback, the late 1990s were the beginning of the modern crossover. I submitted an AWD version of the Capricorn for Knugcab’s magazine, but it was not refined enough for this round.

7 Likes

Thanks for playing, and congrats on work picking up!

3 Likes

What About the Heavenly Option?

1999 Sakura Deva EX