Generations [LORE, UE4] [FINAL RESULTS]

Deer and Hunt Repair shop. 1pm. 1961

Jason was sitting at his desk. But not looking at the books. He was looking out the window, waiting for something… or rather somebody…

The door opened with a big bang.

“HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEWS JASON ?!”

William was standing in the doorwell. Sweaty and gasping for air.

“Take a seat Will”
Jason pointed at the seat which was on the other side of his desk.

“Umm thanks.”
“So what makes you almost get an hearth attack ?”

“Oh Yeah!”
Quickly William grabs the latest version of reviews from his inner jacket pocket.
“Here! Read it!”

“Why don’t you read it to me. I am a bit tired”

“Um okay ?”
William cleared his throat
“With the Buck, you get an uncompromising work van, powered by a 170 horsepower…”

Jason chuckled.

“You already read this right ?”

“I may have. Some other people here were already celebrating. And so should we!”
Jason gets two glasses out his desks, put them on his desk and fills them with a whiskey he already had on the desk.

“Cheers, Will!”
“Cheers!”

They both emptied their glass and slammed them back on the desk.

“So whats next Jason? Hawaii?”

“No… I have plans… We gonna show them who is the biggest animal in this forest”

15 Likes

November 1961

After just two months, the new 1962 Fenton GT is selling like never before. The Everette’s replacement is due to launch in just a few weeks. A critical question is raised by the GT’s newfound life.

Fenton put down the copy of Motor World Review that he had been perusing for the last hour. Something had been bugging him for a while now and seeing the GT make top mark’s in Motor World Review pushed it into full on vexation: the GT and the Everette were different – much too different.

He got up, walked out of his office and towards that of his colleague who was the inarguable father of the Everette. When Fenton arrived, the door was open. He leaned upon the door frame and gave a slight knock on the door itself. Everette Haverford looked up and immediately greeted him.

“Hey, Fenton. To what do I owe the pleasure of presence?”

“You remember the conversation we had about the Everette a few months back? About making it into its own line?” Fenton asked.

“Of course.” Everette responded.

“I’m simply going to reiterate what we said before. I think we should do it.” Fenton stated, matter-of-factly.

“Hmmm.” Everette pondered. “Marketing says its a risky move since even the Fenton nameplate isn’t well established. I…”

Before he could finish, Fenton cut him off. “Marketing should be worried about brand image just as much. The Everette is a great car, don’t get me wrong. But it has precisely nothing in common with the GT. So we’ve got a Ford and a Mercedes with the same nameplate. Does that make sense?”

Everette paused and pondered what Fenton had to say. “…I have to say, I agree. And with the opcoming SE model… Two different tangents.”

“Come on, Everette – you deserve the credit anyways.”

“Well, if you insist…” Everette said. “Wait, do you mean to do this before launch? Is there enough time.”

Fenton smiled at him. “Won’t even be an issue. I had the lawyers preemptively trademark the name after we had the conversation. We just need to convince the board and its your brand.”

“…wow.” was all Everette could muster.

And so Everette was launched as its own brand. For 1964, the Everette Ellston gained a new 244 cubic inch V8, power steering, and front disc brakes in the true 1960s way of “keeping up with the Jones’s”.

13 Likes

( @HighOctaneLove round 2 starts now :wink:)

15 Likes

By 1964, the Lagana had firmly established itself as Erin’s most successful sports car yet, with consistent year-on-year sales that had earned them recognition from even their most toughest of rivals. 1964 too would also see a big increase in sales for the car for one key reason: motorsport.

Erin took the decision in 1962 to enter two race-prepped Laganas into GT +2.0 class of the World Sportscar Championship, up against homologated rivals from the likes of Bonham and Zavir to name a few, expanding their team to a two-division operation alongside their prototype entries. It was a well-executed move, and would lead to 1963’s stunning dual constructors title in both Division III of the manufacturers championship and the sub-3.0l class of the prototypes championship.

Original Lore Post

20 Likes

Baltazar-Bush enters the challenge, with the new for 1964 Baltazar-Bush Pollux V8L.

Car post

Baltazar-Bush backstory

12 Likes

PROMINENCE GT '64

5 Likes

15 hours remain, I’m still missing 6 possible submissions!

1964 Bogliq Mutineer Entrance Mk II

Mutineer%20Advert

Check out the specs HERE

Buy better, buy Bogliq

8 Likes

1964 Falmo GTL

with a partnership forged between Grehet and Boqliq. we present to you. Grehet Falmo GTL. powered by Boqliq’s Gamma 8 engine

10 Likes

<Leviathan Motor Company (LMC) - No longer updated - #23 by Chickenbiscuit

14 Likes

Lore post.

12 Likes

this car is fairly ugly but i have been busy this week so its not top drawer

9 Likes

12 Likes

Motor World Review, August 1964

Model Year-In-Review Edition

Best Sedan – 1964

Vermillion Athena 276
Relative Rating: 100.00

We must sometimes sound like a broken record. Once more, we hold up Vermillion’s Athena as our Sedan of the Year, this time for the 1964 model year.

When we last wrote about the Athena, it was powered by a straight six. Now it boasts a 276 cubic inch V8, topped with a pair of 2-barrel carburetors. 206 horses are unleashed when the throttles are opened, passed through a 4-speed manual to the rear.

Fit and finish is typical of the class, though the radio includes programmable resets, which is a nice feature. As well, Vermillion includes power steering on the Athena, which makes parking a breeze.

We’re confident that the Athena will hold up well, and thus it again gains our endorsement.

Best Sport or Touring Car – 1964

PMI Usurper Elegant GT
Relative Rating: 96.96

Speaking of repeats, PMI has scored another victory in our book, this time with the Usurper Elegant GT.

PMI has restrained themselves somewhat this time around, with 248 cubic inch V8 under the hood that outputs a modest 180 horsepower. At least, modest when you consider the competition.

While not the fastest in any given direction, the Usurper holds its own, with a sub-10 second 0-60 time. It is, however, a very comfortable and chic cruiser, if not a bit controversial with regards to its styling.

For all that you get, the purchase price of PMI’s tourer is actually quite reasonable.

It is, in our opinion, the must-have in this class.

Best Utility – 1964

ACA Model 60
Relative Rating: 100.00

ACA’s Model 60 pickup is our Utility of the year for '64.

There is nothing bizarre or fancy about this design. Just a strong 350 cubic inch V8, automatic transmission with locking hubs for four wheel drive, and a bench seat with a basic AM radio for the long road.

ACA’s Model 60 is expected to go long on the road, too, with good reliability.

It’s nothing to write home about as far as its drive. It’s not an exciting or thrilling vehicle. But it is as solid and tough as they come.

Best Engine – 1964

LMC 289cid V8
(+5% relative rating bonus)

Of the engines put before us this year, we are most impressed with the 289 cubic inch V8 from Leviathan. A large, powerful, yet smooth V8, we anticipate that this will be a workhorse for years to come. With 192 horsepower and 262 ft-lbs of torque, it also has the grunt to power a wide range of vehicles. For that, LMC receives our Best Engine award for 1964.

Sedan Class Reviews

Townsend Trinidad Super Six
Relative Rating: 86.56

“…quite a pleasure to drive, once you get past how slow it is compared to the competition. This little car gives a premium experience for entry-level price…”

Pros: Low purchase price, good comfort, good fuel economy
Cons: Poor reliability, very slow

LMC Sunspear
Relative Rating: 85.68

“…utilizing a wonderful engine. But handling woes caused by its massive size and suspension setup may reduce its attractiveness…”

Pros: Very comfortable, engine of the year, good safety
Cons: Poor handling, poor drivability, poor fuel economy, poor reliability

Baltazar-Bush Pollux
Relative Rating: 97.48

“…big, beefy V8 engine. The Pollux gets up and goes willingly, and our testing shows it will stay going…”

Pros: High reliability, good performance
Cons: Poor rough road handling

Epoch M30 3.3
Relative Rating: 94.96

“…very dated styling, and equally dated handling. Yet despite its shortcomings, this sedan performs admirably on all kinds of roads, in all sorts of conditions…”

Pros: Good rough road handling, good poor weather handling, good safety, good economy
Cons: Comparatively poor normal road handling, somewhat high purchase price

Sinistra Monarch
Relative Rating: 93.28

“…good handling car, but the interior is rather stuffy. Also, we don’t have great confidence in the long-term reliability of this vehicle…”

Pros: Best in round drivability, good economy.
Cons: Poor reliability, high purchase price

Dominion Victory V8
Relative Rating: 86.56

“…couldn’t find a comfortable seating position. Also, the doors and hood don’t seem to close as solidly as other cars…”

Pros: Low purchase price, good reliability
Cons: Poor comfort, poor safety, worst in class economy

Deer and Hunt Goonie Rocket
Relative Rating: 70.59

“…very comfortable, with a long list of impressive features. But the car’s presence in life doesn’t live up to its hype on paper…”

Pros: Very comfortable, prestigious model
Cons: Very high purchase price, awkward and poorly matched engine, poor safety

Bogliq Mutineer Entrance
Relative Rating: 91.60

“…the least powerful engine in the class still manages to make a go at it. Overall, the Bogliq is a good entry sedan, and amongst our top picks…”

Pros: Lowest in round purchase price, good fuel economy, good reliability
Cons: Poor comfort, lowest in round prestige, poor handling

Everette Elston Custom
Relative Rating: 94.12

“…is easily the smoothest driving of the bunch, easily capable of handling urban and rural life at the same time…”

Pros: Best in round practicality, high drivability, decent comfort
Cons: Poor reliability, poor safety

Olympus Capricorn Premier
Relative Rating: 96.64

“…our pick for a premium car this year. Its handling is refined and sublime, and the 305 V8 motors powerfully through the band…”

Pros: High drivability, high safety, decent sportiness, good comfort
Cons: Worst in class reliability, high purchase price

Birmingham 5000 Custom Cruiser
Relative Rating: 78.99

“…a car that really can’t decide what it’s trying to be. The engine seems to be part sports car, part economy car…”

Pros: High comfort, reasonable purchase price
Cons: Low reliability, poor economy, poor drivability

Falmo GTL
Relative Rating: 88.24

“…nice country road cruiser. Other than a throaty 279 V8, there’s not a whole lot that stands out…”

Pros: Fast, good drivability, good comfort
Cons: Poor reliability, high purchase price, very high maintenance costs

Sport/Touring Class Reviews

IP-Kingston Celestia Sprint
Relative Rating: 83.30

“…motor not only hits, but shatters, the one-HP-per-CID formula. It can also handle a sharp turn well. But there are costs associated with…”

Pros: Best in round sportiness, high reliability
Cons: Poor driveability, worst in round fuel economy, worst in round comfort

Erin Lagana GTS
Relative Rating: 91.50

“…miniscule V12 loaded with caruburetors makes for a heart pounding, pulse-racing ride. Compared to its competition, however, steering is not terribly responsive…”

Pros: Fast, high comfort
Cons: Poor reliability, mediocre handling

Caliban Thunder Rev.4
Relative Rating: 90.13

“…throwing around a little car like this is so much fun, more so with the Caliban based on its willingness to deke…”

Pros: Best in round lateral acceleration, high reliability
Cons: Worst in round safety, poor prestige

Sakura Duchess 25x
Relative Rating: 88.76

"…Sakura’s budget sports car just can’t stack up against the Takemi in handling, reliability, or even economy… "

Pros: Low purchase price, mediocre performance
Cons: Poor economy, poor reliability, poor drivability

TSR Kansai GTS
Relative Rating: 79.21

“…another super-premium Kansai that, while it performs well, just doesn’t deliver any semblance of value when compared to others…”

Pros: High top speed, high drivability
Cons: Extremely high purchase price, extremely high maintenance costs, worst in round reliability, poor economy

Takemi Promenance GT
Relative Rating: 88.13 (After -2 point Fixture Violation Penalty)
FIXTURE VIOLATION: Rear side markers are the wrong color

“…a budget sports car that could actually be used for more than just a Sunday drive…”

Pros: High practicality, high reliability, lowest in class purchase price
Cons: Poor comfort, mediocre handling

15 Likes

Round 6 - 1969

The United States has gotten itself into another war, this time in Vietnam. Domestically, there is very little support for this war, and a draft is initiated to fill the ranks needed to put boots on the ground. The USSR and USA are still grappling with each other in the space race, this time trying to be the first to put a man on the moon. The Insterstate highway system continues to expand, and older routes are being bypassed by new shortcuts. Travel is quicker, but often less scenic. The South is a powderkeg, centered around civil rights. The Voting Act of 1965 guarantees African Americans the right to vote, but violence continues as segregationists resist heavily. Martin Luther King is assassinated in Memphis. Meanwhile, the NTSB is formed after Ralph Nader’s scathing book “unsafe at any speed”, and it appears stricter regulations are on the horizon…

Economy

Unemployment: Low
Inflation: Moderate
Economy: Strong but stagnant
Short-term economic forecast: Stagnant

Notable Social and Political Happenings

Gateway Arch completed in St. Louis. Voting Rights act of 1965. “Star Trek” and “Batman” TV series premiere in '66. NTSB forms in '67. Martin Luther King Jr. assassinated. '68 Winter Olympics held in Grenoble, France. USSR and USA escalate space race, trying to be the first to land a man on the moon.

Regulations

Fuel: Leaded (universal), Super Leaded (universal)
Bumpers: Required, but no regulation as to size or strength. (Strength requirements will not occur until 1973)
Front lights and fixtures: At least one pair of headlights required. At least one pair of turn indicators required. Turn signals may be placed in bumpers. If square headlights are used, there must be two pair instead of one.
Front light colors: No red may face forward.
Rear lights: At least one pair of brake lights. At least one pair of turn signals. At least one pair of reverse lights. Turn signals and reverse lights may be placed in bumpers. If turn and brake lights are in the same fixture and of the same color, there must be a minimum of two bulbs in the fixture.
Rear light colors: Brakes must be red. Reverse must be white. Turn signals cannot be white.
Side marker/signal lights: Front side markers required. Rear side markers not required.
Side light colors: front side may be amber only, rear side may be red only.
Mirrors: Driver’s side required.
Aerials: Long mast or retractable antenna required if car has a radio.
Fuel fillers: Fillers on the rear panel and hidden behind fixtures are legally allowed, but are starting to fall out of favor. (Regulation banning these will occur in the mid-70’s)

File Naming Convention:

Model: Gen6-(username) Trim: (MFR Model Trim)
Engine: Gen6-(username) Variant: (Whatever you want)
Export and PM me the .car file, make a post about your car in your lore thread (if not already there), and post an ad in this thread BEFORE the round deadline.

If your company hasn’t registered for the competition yet and you want to participate in this round, please PM the required company information as well as your submission prior to the round deadline.

Round 6 deadline: Thursday May 31, 9:00 AM PDT (UTC-8)

Registrations for new companies are still being accepted.

Companies now eligible in this competition:

Kimura Motors, Ltd.
Keika Automotive (Will incur early import penalty if started this round)

(watches 6,000 pony and muscle cars get submitted)

15 Likes

Well, Sinistra lore dictates that whatever I release this round must contain one of the big V8’s. I just need to decide whether to go 464 or 662.

2 Likes

Oh, also… Tomorrow afternoon I’m going out of town for the weekend. Should be back Monday, but until then I will have no internet access.

7 Likes

Lord Mach’s residence, Cardiff, Early 1968.

Zacharias and Mach I are once again checking the latest issue in their office. Mach smiles slightly.

Mach: “You improved the Thunder four years ago, good job. But we still need to clean the Type SC’s reputation. Where’s Brown when you need him?”

Zacharias: “He is at the workshop. Scheduled maintenance, sir.”

Mach: “I see.”

Zacharias: “Ah Sir, Mr Andrews should arrive any second now. I’ll go make sure he has an adequate welcome, if you excuse me.”

Meanwhile, Brown and Williams are checking parts very carefully.

Brown: “I knew there was something fishy. This damper was provided to us by ACA. It’s not built to specification.”

Williams: “So that’s how the Americans have been playing my father for a fool all this time.”

Brown: “Yes. I’ll make sure to have a word with your father later today.”

Williams nodded. Zacharias entered the workshop.

Zacharias: “Sir.”

Williams: “Hello Zacharias, any news?”

Zacharias: “Yes. It’s time to take over. Your father is about to sign a contract that will practically give ACA full control of our company.”

Williams: “He is going to…let’s go.”

Williams, Zacharias and Brown hurried towards the residence, rushing through the garden. Mach and Andrews are reviewing the conditions of the partnership, written in a contract.

Mach: “Hmm. With all due respect, Mr Andrews, I think we will have to rewrite the conditions. They are far from…optimal.”

Andrews: “We will have to extend the partnership one way or another, Mach. We wrote the conditions to be as fair as possible, keep in mind we are also running a bussiness.”

Williams, Zacharias and Brown slam the door open, catching Mach’s and Andrews’ attention inmediately.

Williams: “Well I think this is just too much.”

Mach: “Williams, what are you doing here?”

Williams: “There’s a few things you need to know, father. But first and most important, you have been played for a fool.”

Mach: “What do you mean?”

Williams: “Means you have religiously been accepting the conditions ACA put for the partnership to carry on, losing your company bit by bit, without ACA doing anything for you. Parts not built to specification, power grabs and budget cuts to prevent us from surpassing ACA’s flagship cars.”

Zacharias and Brown approach Mach’s desk by one step.

Zacharias: “We are taking over from here, Sir.”

Mach and Andrews frowned.

Mach: “What do you mean you are taking over?”

Brown gestured out of the door, with a few workers entering the office.

Brown: “Means we don’t like how you are doing things. You have to leave.”

Mach: “Come back to your sense. I am not giving my company up.”

Brown then approached Mach’s desk, taking the partnership contract and giving it to Williams, who ripped it into pieces as he looked at Andrews.

Brown: “Not voluntarily.”

Mach snapped out of his chair, approaching his son and trying to slap him, only to find himself held back by Brown. Williams looked at Andrews.

Williams: “We don’t need help from ACA anymore, so you have to leave, Mr Andrews. Zacharias, take him to the airport.”

Zacharias nodded, as Andrews put his jacket on and left through the office door. Williams sat in his father’s desk, smiling at Brown.

Williams: “We have a lot of work to do.”

(@Dorifto_Dorito your turn :wink:)

9 Likes

Exactly what I was going for and why it was entered in the Great Archaean Trek! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

TSR HQ Japan, 1964

Ryo: Oh man! Really, our Kansai is the lowest scoring.
Tomo: I thought I reduced the price!
Ryo: No you didn’t. Anyways, I think this operation needs to come true.
Tomo: What operation.
Ryo: You forgot?!
Tomo: Wait, that one?
Ryo: Absolutely!
Tomo: Engineers, roll out our prototype!

TSR Secret Testing Facility, 1965

Ryo: So, this is Kenji Nakamura, our test driver for today. Or shall I say this night…
Tomo: So Kenji, tell us about the driving.
Kenji: It was horrible and it has too much snap-oversteer. Damn this thing overheats quickly. Tires just aren’t sticking the road. And most importantly, it has too high centre of gravity…
Ryo: Wow. Pretty harsh words… But it’s for the best.
Tomo: Duh! We’re not even familiar with this setup. Kenji, Come back here tomorrow night with our newly tuned car.
The next night…
Ryo: Here you go.
Kenji: Right…
After driving the car around
Kenji: Still too high centre of gravity.
Ryo: We still need to tweak it.
Tomo: No. We can’t. We need to change the engine. It’s big and it’s heavy.
Ryo: What do you mean?! It’s ok for the Kansai!
Tomo: The LE6 engine will not work in this scenario.
Ryo: So?
Tomo: We need to switch the engine out.
Ryo: All we have is inline sixes and some broken V8s.
Tomo: Well… Then make a phone call with other companies to borrow their engine.
Ryo: You think so?
Tomo: Yeah… How about borrowing an engine from… I don’t know!
Ryo: I think I know someone who can help us. Come to the office.
Meanwhile at the office
Tomo: So, you’re Daniel Chase?
Daniel: Yeah…
Tomo: Nice to meet you.
Daniel: You too.
Tomo: Errrmmmmmm… I need an engine. Just a normal V-shaped engine.
Daniel: Which V engine. I mean I can build any V engine…
Tomo: Anything as long as it can fit to that car.
While pointing at the prototype car
Daniel: Sure thing. Looks space-age though.
Tomo: Needs to be compact.
Daniel: OK.
Bought an Erin Lagana GTS engine
Tomo: An Engine from Erin?
Daniel: Why not?
Tomo: It’s too big. Anyways, how could you fing a Lagana GTS in Japan, how do you even find an engine?!
Daniel: There’s a junkyard… Probably the best junkyard I’ve ever been in. Now we just need to chop half the amount of cylinders. It’s a 3 litre V12… Let’s do the math… That would be 1.5 litre after the cutting. Just divide it by 2.
Tomo: Well… Just make it work. I’ll give you 3 weeks.
Daniel: OK…
3 weeks later…
Ryo: I always knew you’re the magician.
Daniel: Yes. And in return I gave you this Erin Lagana engine. I mean half of it.
Tomo: Wow. Ok… What a surprise! Anyways. Everything done?
Daniel: Yep. Fuel system, transmission, drivetrain, internals, everything!
Ryo: Let’s install it shall we?
Daniel: Yep!
Many hours later after installing the engine…
Ryo: Let’s give Kenji a call.
After calling Kenji
Kenji: New one huh? Let’s get right to it!
As the screaming half Erin Lagana engine, Kenji comes back to the workshop
Kenji: It’s perfect now Tomo-san and Ryo-san!
Daniel: V engines have lower centre of gravity. Making it better handling.
Ryo: Right!
Tomo: Wow! I still have so much to learn.
Ryo: Didn’t your father, Akira-san taught you that?
Tomo: No.

TSR HQ Japan, 25 December 1965

Daniel: Its nice working with you guys. By the way, I need to go back home to England. I have big plans. Bye, Ryo-san and Tomo-san.
Ryo and Tomo: Bye. Good luck on your project.
Daniel goes into the taxi and headed to the airport to go to England. Meanwhile, in the TSR HQ…
Ryo: Let’s do this!
Tomo: Let’s create a V8!

The 1966 Geneva Motor Show

There, stood a car covered. With all the people in the Lamborghini stand for the Miura, TSR is waiting until several people went to the TSR stand. There, the car was revealed just by taking the cover off. Exposing the shiny Pure White TSR Ultra.

-TSR Ultra Base shown in Pure White

The car also had a Rally Safari edition and that car raced in the 1966 Great Archanian Trek.

The 1967 North American Motor Show

There were more crowds than ever. Normally, crowd are small at the TSR stand. Now, hundreds of people are at the TSR stand. The covers were taken off and there stood the TSR Ultra GTS, wearing the same colour scheme as the the TSR Kansai GTS, Gloss Black body and Sandy Gray wheels.

-TSR Ultra GTS (the only TSR Ultra available for the US) equipped with R-Package (basically an aero package)

The advertisement as of 1969 for the US:

(clearly rushed advertisement from one of the TSR dealership)

Lore thread is here!

9 Likes