Generations [LORE, UE4] [FINAL RESULTS]

48 hours left to go this round. If you have submitted a car but not received a like on your PM to me, it means I haven’t actually received your entry.

Also, there’s not enough rivalry smack talk going on here, guys! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ardent Corporate Headquarters

Cincinnati, OH

Thursday, August 9, 1945

“Mr. Chancellor, sir?” Clarence said softly after clearing his throat.

“Yes, Clarence?” Jack replied without glancing up from the stack of memos before him.

“Have you read the business pages yet today?”

“No, Clarence. I’ve had a little too much on my plate.” Jack continued reading a memo regarding the contract statuses of dealerships in Pennyslvania. A few lines in, he had a feeling that Clarence had more to say on the matter. Jack glanced up, catching the worried look of his timid assistant. “Spit it out.”

“S-sir, looks like we have a new c-competitor,” Clarence stuttered.

Jack took his glasses off and set them on his desk, then leaned back. “You going to finish that thought?”

“B-Bogliq is planning to build a new sedan here in the States.”

Jack scoffed and turned his chair slightly. He stared blankly out the window at the smokestacks of his factory. “Not content with sticking to those military trucks anymore, I guess. Well. No matter. They neither have our design depth nor our capacity.”

“S-sir?”

“That will be all, Clarence. I’ve got more important things to deal with right now.”

The assistant nodded and scurried away.

9 Likes

@VicVictory The list of companies in the OP seems to need an update, I think.

1 Like

Cardiff, Wales, UK. January 28th 1946. Lord Mach I’s residence.

Clouds were sieging the skies of Cardiff, the streets of the town surrounding Lord Mach’s residence. The rain soon created a thin curtain covering the windows, the raindrops slipping in the windows as Mach watched the phenomenon take place.

Mach sighed once. It had been weeks since he had sent the letter to the import agent; he had been given no guarantee of their ability to handle it, but this was his only chance to make his project famous worldwide. He opened one of the drawers in his office table, going through former invitations to celebrations, feasts and festivals, instantly remember how these festivities forged him a reputation as a womanizer.

Someone suddenly knocked at the door. It was Zacharias, his economic advisor; an old man, clad in the most elegant of suits, a symbol of who he worked for. He salutated Mach elegantly, yet respectfully, as the door creaked open.

Zacharias: “Sir. A letter from the import agent arrived.”

Mach: “Have a seat, Zacharias.”

As he was given permission, Zacharias gracefully let himself fall on the leather seat he was offered. He handed the letter over to Mach, how impatiently broke the wax seal, opening the letter and reading it hastily. He seemed to calm down as he read through the words, the trembling on his fingers dissappearing; by the time he had finished reading the text, a slight smile had drawn on his face.

Mach: “Zacharias, is everything ready?”

Zacharias: “Yes Sir, the engineers have already brought in a few workers to help at the workshop. At this rate we will be selling our kits in the United States in a matter of a month or two.”

Mach: “Excellent. What have you found out about the market there? Potential competition?”

Zacharias: “It does not seem like our target market is bloated, Sir. We have the advantage in that regard. However…”

Mach frowned slightly, bending forward. He stablished direct eye contact with Zacharias, who seemed to keep his straight face.

Mach: “However?”

Zacharias: “There’s several stablished companies there, Sir. Auto Corporation of America, Ardent, Deer and Hunt and Bogliq who is trying to get their share as well.”

Mach smiled slightly, resting his back on the worn leather seat he had inherited from his grandfather.

Mach: “I want an agressive campaign in the United States. Let these companies know we are coming and we are a force to be reckoned with. Acquire some of their models to find flaws if necessary.”

((OOC: Mach wants to start an agressive marketing campaign, I’ll let you guys play it out however you think it should be played out :wink: @Dorifto_Dorito @HighOctaneLove @VicVictory @Mikonp7 ))

11 Likes

Oh hey, I wasn’t expecting a Welsh based company here! Awesome!

1 Like

ACA HQ: Lansing, Michigan. | December 29th 1945

The war has been over for 5 months. Normal production returns to the ACA factory in Lansing. A factory once churning out weapons of war is now once again producing cars for the general public.

Looking over the factory floor, was ACA’s CEO Kingston Conway, and factory manager Zak Burton.

Conway: How’s the retooling going?

Burton: Well enough. We’ll soon be pumping out cars by February.

Conway: That’s not good enough. Can’t you change the tooling faster? All our rivals have already got their tooling ready. What’s holding us back?

Burton: With all due respect sir, our factory workers have been working their asses off for the last 4 years. They at least deserve a bit of a break. Besides…

Conway: Besides what? Look, I know the war’s been tough. But we need to get the factory back up and running. Every week we aren’t making cars, we lose money. Every week we don’t make cars, our rivals are encroaching our market. If we could retool our entire plant to make five different tanks in less than a month then how the hell can’t we return it to what it originally was in 2 months.

Burton: Aight sir…I’ll see to it.

Conway leaves the factory floor stepping into his office. There his secretary Louise sat waiting for him holding a pile of letters.

Louise: Sir I need to to sig…

Conway: Yeah, yeah I know. I told Mr Garcia that I’ll send him the invoice later.

Conway flicks through his mail taking note at the “interesting” news

Conway: Damn, not again. Louise I need you to send a letter to Jonathan. Tell him to stop lowering the prices on the cars at his dealership. If Ardent Motors wants to undercut us, let them. At least we’ll be staying afloat. Wait. What? Bog…Boglick? Hey Louise, am I saying it right? Bogliq. Got it. A Moldovan company…in the US? Is this a joke? Please tell me this a joke Louise?

Louise: Sir, Bogliqs are those blue cars that Sherrie and Caitlin drive.

Conway: Oh so those piles of junk. Right got it. Ooh, a British kit car company. Meh. Who the hell wants to buy a car sold in pieces. This Lord Mach guy’s a joke. Does he honestly think his car’s are gonna sell here. You know what. Louise, send that guy a letter. I’ll offer to make his cars for him and sell em here. I’m sure those Whittingmore brothers want something to do. I’ll make them give that thing a proper V8.

Louise: Is that all sir?

Conway: Yeah…wait. One more thing. Tell Harper to hurry up in designing the replacement for the Model 36 Truck. Deer and Hunt have us beat in that regard. I want it to be designed and in production ASAP.

Well that’s my response @Mr.Computah, @VicVictory, @HighOctaneLove and @Mikonp7. Your turn :smirk:.

13 Likes

@VicVictory When is the entry deadline for this challenge? I don’t see it anywhere on the first post.

1 Like

Tomorrow. It’s in his Round 1 post a bit above.

@VicVictory, maybe copy paste your current Round in the opening post as long as it’s running?

3 Likes

Round 1 deadline: Thursday April 26, 9:00 AM PDT (UTC-8)

@Private_Miros - I’ll look into that. The first post is pretty long already, I might just hot link it to the current round post instead.

Also, remember, the above deadline is just for Round 1 (1946). You can still register your company/join in afterward, you just won’t be included in the first round.

2 Likes

Another quick question: in the name of realism, can a single light be both the brake light and turn signal?

Yes they can. :slight_smile: That’s why the rule is (currently) written the way it is. That will change in the 60’s when regulations change.

Deer and Hunt Repair shop. 2pm

William moves up the stairs and opens the door to the office

“Ah Hello there Will”, Jason said, “I see you finally got back from the new factory! How is everything there”

William seats himself on one of the leather couches in the room

“Brilliant ! I don’t want to leave it. All the machines in there are so great and interresting”

Jason closes the book he was writting in
“So why are you here if you didn’t want to leave ?”

“Oh right !” William opens up his jacket, gets a folded piece of paper out and hands it Jason

“Whats this ?”

“Open it”

With a questioning look Jason slowly opened the paper

“Soooooo What you think!”

The paper was a freshly printed ad for the Fallow, still warm from the press… and Williams inner pocket
“Oh Wow. I thoughed this was going to be just some simple text in the newspaper ?”

“Naaah We going big. So people will know us!”

“So when is this all starting?”

“Oh yeah. The factory is ready to pump out cars by the minute and the prints are also on there way out. Speaking of paper”
William pointes at a big pile of flyers
“What is that ?”

"Oh that ? That’s just some flyers from other manufactores "

“I hope you are not planning to buy a car from them ?”

“Oh nonono but you have to see what other people are doing”

“True.” William gets up, takes the pile of flyers and flicks through them
" I see Ardent got a new 4 door"

“Yes! But nothing to worry about. We are not competing”

“Well. Not yet”

“True”

“Also a new Boklick”

“Boqliq”

“I said that”

“Boq-liq”

“Bok-lick. Whatever. Oh god.”

“What is it Will ?”

William holds up the for the ‘Model 10’ and ‘Thunder’

“What do the bloody Brits want here ? You help them once out and now they don’t want to leave us or what!”

"Well at long as it isn’t the Germans, I don’t care if the whole Gentlemans Club and the Queen are opening up a Pub here. Like if the jolly chaps are going to be any danger with there little tin cans. I wanna see what gonna happen to them if they meet some grade-A american steel. Pretty sure more than just your monocle would break.

“Hahaha. Well speaking of Pubs. You want to grab some lunch?”

Jason gets off his office chair and grabs his jacket he had thrown over his seat
“Sounds good to me. Lets eat on our new future !”

9 Likes

14 Likes

Dominion Victory? Hell no, Alpha Quadrant Alliance all the way!

2 Likes

Dominion vehicles have fought the war in Europe, they can hold up to anything the competition throws at them.

How many of you are Borg?

Bogliq USA HQ, Detroit, Michigan

Corporate building, CEO’s office

CEO of Bogliq USA, Konstantin Bogliq, sighed as he read the daily paper, then leant back into his leather clad office chair. The end of the war was looking grim, not for the returning troops and the general public, but for Bogliq’s chances of surviving in the post-war climate. Macabre as it sounded, war was good for business, with Bogliq benefiting from a full order book and stable income. Konstantin worried that, with all the fresh competition, that Bogliq’s strategy in producing the Zealot wasn’t brave enough to stand out of the crowd and attract enough buyers.

Konstantin looked over the advertisments and rated their threat level to Bogliq’s profitability.

• Epoch: With a car that’s similar to the Zealot and possibly cheaper to buy and run. The Model 10 is a major threat, right out of the blocks.

• DeerAndHunt: A small threat if they choose to stick to Utility vehicles. The Fallow will steal sales of the Zealot Haulage but the Haulage is a value adding car, not the core market.

• Caliban: A non-existent threat to Bogliq USA’s operations. They may even become a customer if a locally sourced engine for their kit cars is required.

• Ardent is a major threat, with their Starlight being both in the same size category as the Zealot and Ardent have a pre-war history to contend with. These guys are our main rivals.

• ACA: Another major threat, ACA builds high end cars and dominated the pre-war luxury car market. The Corona seats more people than the Zealot and is much more prestigious so the Corona will steal sales of higher spec Zealots. Very dangerous if ACA chooses to expand downmarket.

• PMI: A threat, but more so to ACA than us. Again, should PMI move downmarket there’ll be less shares of the pie for us.

• Vermillion: A major threat to the Zealot. The Athena has more seats, bigger body and a bigger engine than the Zealot and is priced to sell. We’ll be watching Vermillion very closely.

• Birmingham: The 5000 S is an impressive sounding proposition but could be too powerful and thirsty to gain much traction in the market. But, with the right drivetrain choices, Birmingham is definitely a danger to Zealot sales.

• Dominion: The Victory is another well placed and designed vehicle. Bigger than the Zealot and just as affordable, Dominion Motor Company is a dangerous new player and a major threat to Bogliq USA.

Konstantin buzzed his secretary and asked for a coffee. He could feel a stress headache forming, the next few years for Bogliq were going to be interesting ones, that’s for sure…

10 Likes

“Telegram for Sam Worthington of Epoch Industries!”

Sam popped his head out of the door of his tiny office and waved down the hall, “That’s me, thank you.”

Even after being embedded in one of their units in the war, and living over here the last two years, Sam still felt uncomfortable with the forwardness and disregard for proper manners of these brash Americans, but he was slowly getting used to it and finding himself conforming to fit in. He took the telegram and consciously made himself tip the boy as well; that was one thing that still didn’t feel right.

Sam went inside his office and closed the door, sat down behind his desk and took his souvenir letter opener, a 1st SSF V42 military stiletto gifted to him from his host unit, to the envelope. Inside was a short message from Epoch HQ London:

S Worthington STOP Epoch Industries STOP
UK Release success STOP Europe as planned STOP Shipment scheduled arrival 5 days early STOP
Continue American push STOP Advise competition advantages weaknesses STOP Plan successor EMPANEL STOP

Sam sat back in his seat and smiled. The Model 10 was arriving five days earlier than planned, and already had a good showing at home and on the continent. He thought a bit and then wrote up his reply.

International Division STOP Epoch Industries HQ STOP
American strategy progressing STOP Early delivery good STOP Competition uncertain STOP
Ardent Boqliq current threat STOP Caliban PMI strategic threat STOP Vermillion Dominion unknown STOP
Full report after analysis STOP
8 Likes

This website might be nice to have for future rounds

http://www.vintageadbrowser.com/cars-ads

Has thousands from 1900 through to the 2000s

Seems to be very American Focused, too

11 Likes

This is amazing! Thanks!

Awesome thank you! I’ve just been using google image search… Not the best tool