Generations [LORE, UE4] [FINAL RESULTS]

Dual rounds were allowed in '69. See the AMC Rambler, for instance. It was still common, however, for cars to have quad rounds then. Dual squares were available as early as 1980 (see the Subaru Leone), but it was still common to have quad squares then.

3 Likes

Yeah, up until 1958 (and a bit later in some states) it was dual round 7" lamps only. Then quad 5.5" round lamps were allowed and subsequently used on everything. I just didn’t know that with square lights being allowed in 1974 it was limited to quad lamps only.

1 Like

8607db6de1e5d22ff71e2b236fd6bb52bd598dbc_1_666x500
Single lamps are for poor people. :stuck_out_tongue:
(Chances are both would have looked different if it wasn’t for US headlamp regulations I guess…)

5 Likes

9 Likes

Bogliq USA HQ

Detroit, Michigan

Konstantin’s Office

Konstantin Bogliq sighed as he read the latest edition of Motor World, again the best in class positions were taken up by imports, doing USA style better than the home team! The Midsize segment in particular had exploded with competition; everything was faster, stronger and cheaper than Bogliq’s line-up.

He massaged his temples; another headache ws coming on. Maybe he was getting too old for this new, cut-throat competition. After all, Konstantin had formed Bogliq USA in the late 1920’s building the GPUV and the GPDV for local businesses to have access to cheap, reliable delivery vehicles. The war was a stress and the rapid expansion of Bogliq USA post-war was a rollercoaster ride that just wouldn’t stop. The only consolation was that the engine deal with Grehet Motors was worth the hassle, with the Gamma Eight being the main highlight of the Falmo GTL…

Suddenly there was a sound of screeching tyres and muffled shouts. Looking out his window, Konstantin saw a metallic blue sedan, smoke pouring from its front tyres, leaving a cloud of stinking tyre smoke throughout the carpark! Bloody Sinistra maniacs! Regular like clockwork, a suspected Sinistra employee would enter the carpark then peel off a massive burnout for as long as possible, before escaping the security guards via the smoke cloud that now enveloped their car and the parking lot! It was a different person each time, but without solid proof of association with Sinistra, Konstantin didn’t want to risk a defamation lawsuit. (OOC - @Madrias enjoy!)

Once the spectacle was over Konstantin eased himself into his chair and contemplated successors, retirement and returning to the home country…

9 Likes

In 1969 the new Z200 series was unveiled.
The new prodution plant, the most modern in Italy at the time, was capable to produce enough models to cover the European market and beyond.
Guess where the “beyond” is? Right on the other side of the Atlantic.

16 Likes

The Mk 2 Merna launched in 1968, and marked one of the most significant moments in the company’s history. After a decade of trying to establish itself, the Mk 2 proved that Erin could make a car that didn’t have to rely on banking on the company’s motorsport prowess to sell itself.

It was this generation that also cemented the Merna as perhaps the quintessential British compact hatchback, selling over 1 million units between 1968 and 1975 and becoming a household name in the country’s car culture. Major success in the BTCC as well as ventures into the European Rally Championship helped to further justify this car’s standing today as one of the best Erin’s of all time.

Lore post

17 Likes

This Weeks Ad bought to you by: “Vri Was Lazy as Fuck This week”

Car Can be found here

13 Likes

Shown here: the 1969 ad for the Rev. 4 Caliban Type SC, a facelift with mechanical improvements of the Rev. 3 Type SC.

Lore post on the car here.

16 Likes

The 1969 Fenton LE

Accompanying lore post

15 Likes

11 Likes

Flat out recently, so unfortunately not up to date on the lore thread yet, but this is the next in the M10 series - designed from the ground up. The A1500s is the “sports” version… 0-100 in a blistering 15 seconds…

6 Likes

With a name like that, I’d expect the Jetsetter to be really fast - and it looks great in deep purple as well!

It’s respectable… 0-60 below 10 seconds, 128 MPH top speed. It’s a big, heavy droptop cruiser. The closest IRL equivalent (of the year) would be the Oldsmobile Cutlass.

6 Likes

Olympus Motor Group boardroom - Detroit Michigan - April 29, 1967

Dale Rathbone: These reliability issues are going to kill me!
Joe Rathbone: Take it easy! With your high blood pressure, they just might.
Dale: We’re supposed to be at the top of the industry. We can’t have reliability problems.
Joe: Our biggest issues are associated with our luxury appointments, and accessories.
Dale: I understand new technology has bugs to work out, but how can we get past this.
Joe: I would suggest we spend more time and money on improving their quality.
Dale: People won’t pay for that!
Joe: People will pay for whatever we give them. Our cars are the best luxury vehicles on the market.
Dale: It’s just so frustrating. I can’t breathe!
Joe: I know.
Dale: No! Joe! I can’t breathe!
Joe: What?
Dale: Joe! I think I’m having a heart attack!

7 Likes

Deer and Hunt Repair shop. 1966 8pm

The room was full with the smell of Whiskey and cigarette smoke. Both Jason and William are sitting on a table and look at each other.

“So what now Jason” William broke the silence.

“I don’t know Will… Luxury doesn’t seem to be our strong suit”

“Maybe a redo?”

“No… we already did that. We need something.”

“BUT what”

“We went to far from our path… we have to go back”

“We cant do that Jason…”

“Maybe we can… I have an idea. Get the notepad”

Cars sold by 1969 :

SuperCoupe
Tines
Fallow
Buck MKII

12 Likes

In 1962, Kimura entered the American market with their VX and K-C models. It was not until 1964 when they began the production of their all-time best selling model, the Auburn.

The final generation of the VX was produced from 1968 up until 1974, where the model was discontinued for good due to slow sales and a focus on the then-booming sales of the Auburn.

Kimura faced economic crisis in 1971 which also contributed to the inevitable discontinuation of the VX series with the possibility of facing a hostile takeover from Nohda.

Here is an ad for the 1969 Kimura VX-21.

20 Likes

Click the advert to go to the ACA thread page

16 Likes

A little over 24 hours to go. I currently have 14/24 possible submissions in my hands.

6 Likes

Coyote%20Advert

Coyote lore found HERE

8 Likes