Generations [LORE, UE4] [FINAL RESULTS]

You’ve started a good thing

4 Likes

It was inevitable that I would take a jab at Caliban at some point, but yeah I think you prompted me to finally do it. Thanks!

5 Likes

Haha, wonderful, I love advertising battles…

4 Likes

Having read all of that, it tells you have clearly misjudged where I’m coming from. I don’t care for winning or losing - if I were id be min maxxing my cars all the way through, instead I’m sticking to suboptimal choices, old engines and fairly low tech.
The problem I’m having, which I had discussed with vic in private before and not gotten a satisfactory answer, and that I have discussed with others in private too, is how the buyers preferences seem to change without any indication of the trends. I disagree with the system currently available in the game, where each target market gets a specific score which tells you how well a car does. However, knowing which trends are being more valued by the market is something car companies know and have information on.

On the topic of calculations, of course the challenge has numbers spit out of a spreadsheet, and it is possible to automate such a process, as me and others have done before. I was offering this method which would take only the time required to transcribe the stats so vic could make better use of his own time.

Just, to finish off, I love how I was called rude despite being extremely polite. Yet people cheer and like a post with a snarky remark and suggesting I’m not welcome. But whatever.
Carry on.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Moar smol cheep carz!

The late 1970s were a trying time for all US automakers, Fenton Holdings included. When the Winthrop first came out in 1979, it got caught flat footed on the economy front with a V6 engine. Though still quite economical, the next generation of imports were better. Initial sales were lower than expected.

The bulk of the effort that went into the car after 1979 was to do one thing - make it sip gas. Most of the remaining effort went into quality engineering thanks to the horrible experiences that were the 2nd gen FHL S-bodies. The result by 1988 was a car that got 28 US mpg and that they confidently offered a warranty of 5 years or 50,000 miles, whichever came first.

1988 being the last year for the 1st generation Winthrop, it was a somewhat dated design but was not going down without a fight against newer cars on the market. And it had one thing that patriotic buyers would spring for - it was American.

The history of this little machine

5 Likes

Nihilist

Find out about the Nihilist here

4 Likes

To the neutral observer you were not friendly. You strongly demanded a complete redo for a silly mistake in a competion that you couldn’t win and where you don’t care you win. It’s good you flagged it and Vic should take measures to prevent it. Your other points on trends and scoring might be valid - although for me buyer preference in each era seems fairly obvious and Vic seems to following historical trends and realism. The score you get is - correct me if I’m wrong - an indication of how you score relative to competitors, and not an absolute score standing separate. And you basically threw a fit when you didn’t get what you wanted. And then you try to get the moral high ground.

Friendliness is more than not cussing at someone.

5 Likes

Has anyone actually read and properly understood Leo and Vic’s original disagreement? Because this just seems to be descending into a petty debacle of who agrees with who.

9 Likes

I think Ive addressed this issue well enough already. Its not about the score, its about where the car was placed. Some people don’t care for the score but rather their lore, and to see their car being placed in the wrong category is frustrating and annoying. Think of it this way, if it was your car that you spent maybe an hour of your own time making the lore for, writing it up on your thread, designing your car and placing it into a challenge only for it to be thrown in the wrong category, it doesn’t matter what score you got, its in the wrong place. If your PMI Sabres were placed along side Bogliqs in the entry spec levels you wouldnt be too happy would you?

And also if were talking about an outsiders view on who is more rude.

ngl these seem a lot more rude than anything Leos said

5 Likes

I wanted to remain silent up until now but if you excuse me, I’m going to give my 2 cents. This is not a “with or against the host” situation, there’s a wide spectrum of opinion in this kind of issues; attempting to take down any opinions that don’t side with yours is way more rude than any criticism that has taken place here.

9 Likes

Rear Engine V6 Turbo
4 Barrel Sports Carb
0-100km/h in under 8 seconds
200km/h top speed
Premium Interior
only $4,582

EPOCH M50 Turbo
Bringing Power To The people

8 Likes

More like:

EPOCH M50 Turbo
Standing up against supremacy
Because we can’t make supremacy.

Buy Keika

On mobile, and I really wanted to make a comeback. Sorry it’s trash.
5 Likes

Just over 24 hours left for submissions in this round, for those of you who have not yet completed.

Also, I think at this point all of the main and most of the finer points in the argument have been thrown out. Please, let’s just move on. Everyone. Hashing it out further isn’t going to do anyone any good.

6 Likes

i just had a look in this thread again. what is with the attack towards the Supremacy?

i’m flattered :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I just can’t help but feeling I chose to unleash the Sunbolt in this thread at exactly the wrong time. This isn’t even it’s final form, after all, and yet this round seems to be the most sportscar-heavy yet.

3 Likes

TRAFIKJOURNALEN MAY 1986

In numerous tests, we have criticized the Brigadeer series of offroad vehicles from IP for having ancient technology and horrible fuel economy. Especially the 3800 VIP model, utilizing the old Stellar pushrod V8 from the 60s and a very energy consuming autobox have recieved criticism. For the 1986 model year, new and stricter emissions laws in the home market caused IP to cease production of the Stellar V8, which also meant the end of the VIP version.

Or appearantly not, since it will return to the asian market this autumn, and for the european and american market for the 1988 model year. This time it will use IPs new and way more efficient OHC V8 with 3 valves per cylinder, that’s also going into the new Icarus and the facelifted Royalist model. With a somewhat smaller displacement, the name now will be 3600 VIP: Mated to a computer controlled auto gearbox instead of the old-fashioned slip-o-matic, not only has the fuel economy improved tremendously, but reports from the first test drives also says that it feels much more refined to drive now. Other improvements include ABS brakes and the new front end with aero composite halogen headlamps. This sparks some new life into the almost 10 year old platform, because according to IP, an all new Brigadeer is still some years away. However, we wait until our first test drive until we have the final say about the 3600 VIP.

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, I didn’t even scroll up that far. I just wanted to jab at Caliban.

1 Like

so your ad is… kind of unintentionally advertising mine too? in a weird convoluted way.

GREHET MYTHEME

*US Trim
original version shown here

Lore Post coming soon :tm:

edit : it was at this point, after everything said and done posted that i realised… i made that car far before my lore came up here to i haven’t made the badge then. and so… i forgot to change the badging. fug

5 Likes

… Uh oh. 10% deduction for badging. :wink:

1 Like