Go West Deathtrap Tour [FINISHED]

In time…

3 Likes

Team Teal Terror

Having settled in and adjusted to Fuzz’s maniacal driving, Jen spent some time cruising Facebook, looking at posts from the event.

“Guess we’re dead last again,” she remarked. “The Kageshima bit the big one.”

“But the Hooligans are still in it?” Fuzz asked hopefully.

“Yup,” she confirmed. "Doesn’t look like they’re too far ahead, based on their last post.

“We got a surprise ready for them?”

Jen grinned and patted the glove box door.

5 Likes

Team Redneck Day 2 1400-1600

Jake and Otis are working hard at getting the engine swapped out, parts and tools are spread about as the two make steady progress even though they are falling further and further behind.

As another competitor toots their horn as they drive by Otis asks while rummaging through one of the ice chests, “Where is that special parts cleaner, I need a swig and this pilot bearing really needs cleaning”

Jake, “It should be in the blue cooler”

Otis, “I’m looking in the blue cooler right now”

Jake, “It should be under the bags of jerky we made”

Otis growls, “Their ain’t no damn jerkey in here, you sure it ain’t in the red one”

Jake, “The red ones empty, we emptied it during the cookout last night.”

Otis notices the remaining bottles of crap beer in the blue cooler, “Well damn, I think I know where they went”

Jake, “Where”

Otis, “The same place that crap beer you set out”, Jake chimes in at the same time Otis says it “The Hooligans”.

When Jake gets a chance he sets up a full roll of toilet paper minus the carboard core in a large baggie of water and places it in the bottom of the cooler to get nice cold and real soggy.

Otis cleans the pilot bearing as best he can with WD-40 before slathering it with grease.

An hour goes by with the two working hard, the engine is in, the connectors are all hooked up and accounted for, only two small bolts are left over which neither one recognizes.

When they go to crank the engine… Nothing, it doesn’t even crank.

Otis grabs the multimeter while Jake grabs the laptop.

Otis, “12.5 volts batterys good”

Jake, “No codes”

Otis, “Check what all of the sensors currently read”

Jake, “good, good, good, oh crap, crank position sensor is reading out.”

Otis climbs under the truck to check the connector, “Try it now”

Jake, “still bad, lets just grab the one off the bad engine”

Otis, “Ok ill remove this one, you pull the other”

This time period is up…

@Madrias The jerky was some animal that the rednecks hunted recently.

6 Likes

(OOC: Wouldn’t have bothered the Hooligans. They assumed it was “Beef” jerky, so regardless of the source, they weren’t bothered by it. And yes, I know that jerky made with venison has a different taste. Plus, when you’re swiping snacks, you can’t afford to be picky.)

5 Likes

Really?
2017-12-28-19-47-19-

3 Likes

The still warm remains of the Kageshima are standing at the roadside, big parts of the front half charred from a recently extinguished fire. Kinga and Jacek are sitting on the ground nearby, Kamil is sluggishly pacing to and fro, his shoulders heavy with frustration. They are all looking quite helpless and miserable.

Kinga: “I don’t know much about cars, but this doesn’t look like something that can be fixed…”

Jacek: “No way - this thing’s dead as a dodo”

Kinga: “Progress my ass! So … what now?”

Kamil: “No idea. We’ll have to think of something - maybe actually try and organize a new car. We have to haul a load of stuff besides our bums, after all.”

Kinga: “It’s kinda sad - I’ve actually grown rather fond of the car over the years:”

Kamil: “Yeah, me too, would have been nice if she had held on at least til Japan, so she could have visited her birthplace before she breathed her last - well, wasn’t meant to be, I guess.”

Jacek: “At least we’re not in the middle of nowhere - perhaps the locals can help us hatch a plan on how to go on from here.”

And thus end the adventures of the Japonska Eks-Taksówka…

5 Likes

Legend of Terms:

TBDC: Time Block Distance Covered. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
ODC: Overall Distance Covered. This is the total distance that the team has covered since Noon on Friday
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

Friday, 4pm - 6pm

Weather Conditions: 86-93 degrees (depending on location), clear

All vehicles are on I-86 West, I-15 North, US30 West, or US 187/189

Upcoming POI (optional, let me know if you want to stop at them for rest/sightseeing): Soda Springs, Hagerman Fossil Beds National Park, Old Fort Boise, Farewell Bend State Recreational Area.

Next Waypoint: Fort Hall, 3 Island Crossing State Park, Emigrant Springs State Heritage Area.

VicVictory:
TBDC: 113 mi OD: 1140 mi MRL: +2 FTG: +7 Notes: Team pulls in to Montpelier, ID at 5:45pm to refuel, and engages Team Highway Hooligans. Team is tired.

@BobLoblaw
TBDC: 61 mi OD: 1320 mi MRL: +0 FTG: +2 Notes: Team is feeling slightly tired.

@Madrias
TBDC: 104 mi OD: 1140 mi MRL: +2 FTG: +5 Notes: Team pulls in to Montpelier, ID to refuel at 5:40pm and is engaged by Team Teal Terror.

@Jaimz
TBDC: 103 mi OD: 1169 mi MRL: +0 FTG: +4 Notes: Team has refueled in Montpelier, ID.
TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Fayeding_Spray
TBDC: 100 mi OD: 1323 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +7 Notes: Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. Team has refueled in Fort Hall, ID. Team is feeling slightly fatigued.

@Zabhawkin
TBDC: 109 mi OD: 1315 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +5 Notes: Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. Team is feeling slightly tired.

@conan
TBDC: 120 mi OD: 1358 mi MRL: -1 FTG: +7 Notes: Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. Team has refueled in Fort Hall, ID. TEAM IS EXHAUSTED.

@Mythrin
TBDC: 118 mi OD: 12238 mi MRL: +0 FTG: +6 Notes: None. Team is feeling slightly tired.

@JohnWaldock
TBDC: 96 mi OD: 1273 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +8 Notes: Progressive clutch failure: Speeds over 55 MPH are now impossible. Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. Team is feeling slightly tired.

@DoctorNarfy
TBDC: 122 mi OD: 1357 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +7 Notes: Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. Team is tired.

@DeusExMackia
TBDC: 119 mi OD: 1259 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +6 Notes: Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH. Team is feeling fatigued.

@Dorifto_Dorito
TBDC: 94 mi OD: 1406 mi MRL: +2 FTG: +5 Notes: Fuel low. Team is taking an hour rest at Hagerman Fossil Beds National Monument, which will bleed into the next time frame. TEAM IS EXHAUSTED.

@stm316
TBDC: 139 mi OD: 1377 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +2 Notes: Fuel low. Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

The following vehicles are in packs:
Ardent, Dynamite

Team Teal Terror

(RP will be conducted by @Madrias this timeframe)

8 Likes

Highway Hooligans

Day 2, 2-4p - “Armed and Dangerous”

5:40 PM

DING! “Your Fuel level is Low.”

“Shit, we’re runnin’ outta gas.” Cody said. Marcus nodded, then pulled into the nearby gas station, picking the pump closest to the exit. “Quickly, before they catch us!” Jake yelled.

“Hurry up, you thirsty bitch!” Marcus cursed, kicking the rear tire of the E5. Just then, team Teal Terror and their Terrible Teal Turd, the Ardent Smoke, hurtled into the gas station as well, pulling up to the pump right next to theirs.

Almost immediately, the chaos started. Jen of team Teal Terror opened the glovebox and removed a jar of Grey Poupon, removed the lid, and hurled the contents across the windshield of the Dynamite. Trevor went to open the door, only to get yelled at both by Marcus and IVAN.

“You fuckin’ idiot, the gas nozzle’s in there!”
DING! “Fuel Door is Open. Door Latch Engaged.”

He tossed the jar over to Jake, who threw open his sliding rear door, lunged over the liftback, popped the lid, and flung the spaghetti sauce across the Ardent Smoke’s windshield. “Take that!” he yelled, laughing like a madman.

This prompted Fuzz to stop paying attention to the gas nozzle long enough to clear the windshield, using the gas station squeegee to remove the offending mess.

Cody flicked the windshield wipers, clearing the worst off before getting out to do much the same, only for splatters of red to burst across the windshield as Fuzz flicked the squeegee and splattered their windshield with their own tomato sauce.

“Fucking hell!” Cody yelled, though it was Trevor who got the perfect chance. Spotting the door was open on the Ardent Smoke, he stuck the barrel of the glitter-loaded cannon out of the window, then fired it. With no one in the car, no one could get hurt, but there was now three pounds of loose glitter flying around, and about a pound of it in the interior, all over the dashboard and seats.

“Trevor! Really, in the fucking gas station?” Marcus said, though was trying not to laugh.

“Well, they wrecked our plan for a fast pit stop. And covered our windshield in slime again.” Trevor said.

“To be fair, both of our teams are pretty much dead-last right now.” Jake said. “We’re fighting each other quite a bit. Not that I’d trade that for first place, well, okay, fair enough, I would, but I wouldn’t trade it for second place. What I’m saying is, we’re having more fun through aggressive competition than the other teams could possibly have. Sure, some of them have run away from us quite a bit, but right now, who else is having a war in the gas station parking lot?”

“True to that.”

The Hooligans looked over at Fuzz, standing next to the Smoke, who had just confirmed the fun factor.

Meanwhile, Jen had gotten a bottle of cola from inside, then ran back over and hosed down the Dynamite and half of the Highway Hooligans. “Hey!” Jake yelled, “Watch the laptop!”

“That’s for the glitter inside our car.” she replied.

After a while, both teams came to at least a relative truce, as both teams were hungry. When Jen brought up Studebaker’s Pizza, and invited the Hooligans, they agreed.

“Sure, we could use some food, too.” Marcus said.

Aftermath:

Morale: +4 (+2)
Fatigue: +15 (+5)
Waypoints: 6

(Hope I did well enough, @VicVictory.)

5 Likes

Team Redneck Day 2 1600-1800

A quick swap of the crank position sensor did the trick, the engine fires right up.

Jake whoops as Otis exclaims in a Dr. Frankenstein way “It’s ALIIIIVE!” followed by an evil cackle.

Of course they still have to load all of their stuff back into the truck.

Otis, "Load the dead engine too, we might still need some of the good parts it has left.

They frantically load everything into the back including the hood and strap it all down and head down the road with Otis behind the wheel.

Jake, “I think we managed to only fall to mid pack, with approximately 12 hours of driving time left to go.”

Otis, “do you think we can make it to 6AM?”

Jake, “I don’t know but we can try, its about the only way we can win now.”

3 Likes

Yup, that went just about how I envisioned it. ONWAAAAAARD! (to Pizza)

1 Like

That must be a typo - it should be 1238 miles. Anyway, this is quickly turning into a war of attrition…

Team ‘Southend Or Bust’

Original Post - Previous Post

Having fixed Nancy’s misfire, the boys were back on the road. They’d lost all sense of what position there were in, but that didn’t matter. The cruising was good, the car was running fine and the tunes weren’t half bad either.

Martin was behind the wheel. He’d decided to keep the dodgy distributor to show his mechanic workmates when he got back to the UK.

“I doubt the US will let you out of the country with that in your luggage” joked James, “looks like a suspect device!”.

“Nah, and they aren’t going to buy the explanation for it either are they” Martin chuckled back, “I’m taking it back home with me to see if it causes a misfire on a car every 4 miles you drive it”.

“To be honest Martin, you could just bore them to death to get them through” said Seb, glancing up from the map with a small smirk.

“Oi” Martin said back.

“I’m only joking Martin, but seriously if you needed to get through customs, all you’d need to do is start explaining how to replace the injectors on a 1994 Bonham Kasmir” replied Seb.

“Oh no doubt, they’re bastard engines to work with” chuckled Martin.

“Speaking of customs, remember that time we almost missed our lift back home after the Croatia trip?” said James.

“Oh shit yeah!” said Martin. “And all because someone was trying to bring 4 litres of 95 proof stuff in plastic bottles into the country”

“Yeah yeah, laugh it up guys” said Seb, trying to play it off. To be fair, it had been just 8 Euros for all of it, he couldn’t turn down a deal like that. “But I’m the only one who’d be willing to drink that”.

James and Martin shouted back in reaction. And for the next 3 miles, they discussed how well all of them could hold their drinks…

6 Likes

Yeaaah… I had like 6 or 7 typos last night. Too much beer.

2 Likes

Day 2 - Kent Croissants

Previous Part

2 - 6 PM

The car zipped down the road music playing, the lack of concentration caused Damien to not be looking at the road and drive over a giant pothole.

“Oh shit!” came from the mouths of all three of the boys as the Friala crashed down into the pothole and jolted out of it.

Damien pulled the car to the side of the road to look at the wheel, it had certainly bore the brunt of the impact cracking the metal of the wheel.

“Bloody typical” said Damien undoing the wheel nuts with strain as they hadn’t been changed for years.

Aaron stood with his head down on the roof of the car hands resting on top of his head and Jordan was leaning underneath the car attempting to remove the spare wheel via means of yanking it vigorously out of its holding.

The wheel was fitted with far more ease than it took removing the original unfortunately it was painted black which was a design disaster according to Jordan but the others were just glad to have a spare wheel on board.

All time-stamps added since 6AM:

Fatigue: +6 (-4 total)
Morale: -1 (7 total)

4 Likes

Team Wagons West

10AM - 12PM

The Wallis stopped just at the edge of Wyoming for some happy snaps next to the border sign. Wookiee performed a cursory safety check, and Bill found fence post (trees were in short supply. It was Beth’s turn to drive, and she managed to kick up a few loose rocks. Nobody noticed when the last 20cm fell off the exhaust.
Bill: 3…2…1… Welcome to Idaho. On your left you will see a river, and if you look to your right, or “North” as I like to call it… bugger all.
Wookiee: You’d know all about that nothing wouldn’t you?
Bill: Shut up.
Toni had the radio tuned to some flashback station and was quite enjoying it…then this started playing. Of course, there was a full team sing-a-long.
After that, there was a short debate over what type of music they should listen to, until they reached Montpelier for a refuel.
Bill: I love these fuel prices. This place is… what… a little over half of what we pay back home.
Beth: America is the third largest oil producer in the world.
Wookiee: Get in the car.

Bill, having scored front passenger, jammed a new tape into the 8 track…
pink floyd

12PM - 2PM

They made it to Soda Springs at a perfect time for lunch, and had a walk through the local museum… not that Wookiee gave a fig, and Toni was itching to get back on the road. It was agreed that Toni would drive fro here until the end of the day, as she felt a need to try to make up some time

2PM - 4 PM
Toni: Did you three realise it’s been a whole 24 hours since we passed that little black Merciel?
Bill: You’ve been keeping track?
Wookiee: You haven’t?
Bill: Okay smart guy, where are we in the field?
Richard: That’s a complex question.
Bill: You don’t know.
Dick: Not last. I’m willing to bet we’re not in the bottom half.
Billl: You. Don’t. Know.
Rick: When we left the campground, there weren’t many there. They had to stop somewhere, so we must have passed some before noon.

OOC: been too busy playing FO4 to write anything good.

4 Likes

TEAM OUTRIDERS

Blake: You two get the camp broken down, Luigi and I will fix dinner.

Marc: Right.

(Luigi is rummaging through the cooler)

Luigi: Hey Marc.

Marc: Yeah?

Luigi: How many packages of hot dogs did you buy?

Marc: Three.

Luigi: You sure it wasn’t two?

Marc: No, I’m damn certain I bought three packs. You’re just not looking hard enough… Son of a bitch!

Blake: What is it?

Marc: Someone stole the third pack of hotdogs out of our cooler.

Zach: Who would do that?

Marc: I’ve got a pretty good idea. I’m pretty sure it was that green car.

Blake: You mean that bright ass braille for the colorblind green?

Marc: Exactly. I’m thinking revenge is in order.

Blake: Are you serious? They could be hundreds of miles back!

Marc: I don’t intend to slow down or backtrack. But if our paths should cross, I intend to make sure they learn something out of this!

Luigi: I don’t know, it’s just a pack of hotdogs. Be better to simply let it go.

Marc: He tasks me; he heaps me; I see him in outrageous strength, with an inscrutable malice sinewing it. That inscrutable thing is chiefly what I hate; and be the green car agent, or be the green car principle, I will wreak that hate upon him. Speak to me not of blasphemy, I’d strike the sun if it insulted me!

Blake: Shit, he’s quoting Melville again.

Luigi: Who?

Zach: Who?

Blake: Oh for Gods sake! Read a book!

Marc: Anyway, let’s get back to work. I need to make a quick stop when we get underway. Blake, you take the wheel.

(The Enforcer is packed up, One turn of the key and a baritone roar later, the Enforcer springs to life. Upon Marc’s request, they team stops at a hardware store and Marc picks up a few items.)

Marc: Zach, you sit in the back with me, I’ve got a project for us.

Blake: Is that PVC pipe?

Luigi: And a 25 pound bag of potatoes.

Marc: You focus on driving. Zach and I will focus on fabrication.

(The team sets off)

6 Likes

Legend of Terms:

TBDC: Time Block Distance Covered. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
ODC: Overall Distance Covered. This is the total distance that the team has covered since Noon on Friday
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

Friday, 6pm - 8pm

Weather Conditions: 83-89 degrees (depending on location), clear

All vehicles are on I-86 West, I-15 North, US30 West

Upcoming POI (optional, let me know if you want to stop at them for rest/sightseeing): Hagerman Fossil Beds National Park, Old Fort Boise, Farewell Bend State Recreational Area.

Next Waypoint: Fort Hall, 3 Island Crossing State Park, Emigrant Springs State Heritage Area.

VicVictory:
TBDC: 66 mi OD: 1206 mi MRL: +1 FTG: -1 Notes: Team stops for an hour at Studebakers Pizza (with Team Highway Hooligans).

@BobLoblaw
TBDC: 102 mi OD: 1422 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +1 Notes: Team has taken a 10 minute break at optional POI Hagerman Fossil Beds. Team is feeling slightly tired.

@Madrias
TBDC: 67 mi OD: 1207 mi MRL: +1 FTG: -1 Notes: Team spends 1 hour eating dinner at Studebakers Pizza with Team Team Terror.

@Jaimz
TBDC: 71 mi OD: 1255 mi MRL: +2 FTG: +2 Notes: Team has spent an hour at Soda Springs.
TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Fayeding_Spray
TBDC: 109 mi OD: 1432 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +9 Notes: Waypoint completed: Three Island Crossing State Park. Team is feeling tired.

@Zabhawkin
TBDC: 121 mi OD: 1436 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +7 Notes: FUEL LOW. Waypoint completed: Three Island Crossing State Park. Team is feeling tired.

@conan
TBDC: 74 mi OD: 1432 mi MRL: +0 FTG: +9 Notes: Waypoint completed: Three Island Crossing State Park. Team has stopped for the night at Three Island Crossing State Park due to dangerous fatigue levels.

@Mythrin
TBDC: 120 mi OD: 1358 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +8 Notes: Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. Team is feeling tired.

@JohnWaldock
TBDC: 94 mi OD: 1367 mi MRL: +0 FTG: +10 Notes: Progressive clutch failure: Speeds over 55 MPH are now impossible. TEAM IS EXHAUSTED.

@DoctorNarfy
TBDC: 113 mi OD: 1470 mi MRL: +0 FTG: +9 Notes: Waypoint completed: Three Island Crossing State Park. Team has refueled in Mountain Home, ID. TEAM IS EXHAUSTED.

@DeusExMackia
TBDC: 123 mi OD: 1382 mi MRL: +0 FTG: +8 Notes: Waypoint completed: Fort Hall. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH. Team is feeling tired.

@Dorifto_Dorito
TBDC: 26 mi OD: 1432 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +3 Notes: Fuel low. Waypoint completed: Three Island Crossing State Park. Team has refueled in Bliss, ID. Team has stopped for the night at 3 Island crossing due to dangerous exhaustion.

@stm316
TBDC: 119 mi OD: 1496 mi MRL: +1 FTG: +5 Notes: Waypoint completed: Three Island Crossing State Park. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH. Team is feeling slightly fatigued. Team has refueled in Bliss, ID.

The following vehicles are in packs:

Team Formerly Known As Teal Terror

Jen and Fuzz walked back to their little coupe, with Fuzz bearing a box of greasy, crispy leftovers. Their meal had left them full, and with just the right amount of food coma to keep them in a state of contentment.

“Those are my kind of weirdos,” Fuzz said as he opened the passenger door and juggled the pizza on his way down to the seat.

“Of course they are. Dumb, reckless, ugly. It must be like looking in a mirror,” his sister teased.

“Whatever. You know you had a good time.”

Jen smiled and nodded. She turned the key to “Start” and immediately the climate controls blew a cloud of glitter that had settled in the vents directly in their faces. They both paused and considered the indignity of the situation.

“Alright,” Fuzz broke the silence. “Time for Team Glitterstorm to get back on the road.”

“Yep. Gotta make sure the Hooligans know they lost to a sparkly Ardent.”

8 Likes

TEAM OUTRIDERS

Luigi: God, that shit stinks.

Marc: That’s why I suggested putting the windows down. Don’t let any get on your hands.

Zach: What is this stuff?

Marc: Basically it melts the two PVC segments and bonds them together.

Zach: Okay, looks like this one is done.

Marc: Same here. Check the ignition unit.

(Zach presses a button on his contraption and a spark ignites inside a chamber in the back of the unit.)

Marc: Sweet. click Mine’s good too. Let’s get the next ones made. We’ll probably only use three, but having a fourth would be a good idea in case we’re stopped.

Blake: You do know this is technically illegal right?

Marc: It’s all in good fun.

Luigi: What exactly are you making?

Marc: Potato guns.

Luigi: What?

Blake: It’s exactly what it sounds like. Load a potato, spray some hairspray in the back for ignition…

Marc: Hell no, I’m serious, I’ve got ether.

Blake: And watch it blow up in your hands.

Marc: Nah, I worked this design as a kid. It’s a solid setup.

Marc: What the fuck was that?

Zach: It’s behind us! Closing fast!

Blake: It’s that redneck team.

Marc: Oh yeah? I’ve got something for them. (Leans out the window pulling out a revolver)

POW POW POW POW

Marc: YEAH! TAKE THAT YOU SISTER BANGING SONS OF BITCHES!!!

POW POW (The truck passes and speeds off ahead)

Blake: Holy shit!

Zach: …

Luigi: What the hell is the matter with you?

Blake: Holy shit!

Luigi: Are you out of your mind?

Marc: Of course not. (opens chamber) Just blanks. Though they don’t know that.

Blake: You’re the god damn chief of police! I can’t believe you just did that!

Marc: I’m just a little flustered alright?

Blake: A little? You fired a gun at a competitor!

Marc: Just blanks, we established that.

Blake: Uh, shooting at someone, even just blanks is illegal, as are these potato guns.

Marc: Don’t worry, we’re not going to get in trouble.

Blake: You seem awfully sure of that.

Marc: I may have made a couple phone calls. Called in a favor or two.

Blake: WHAT?

Marc: So long as we don’t murder anyone or violate traffic laws, they’re mostly going to look the other way.

Luigi: That seems like an unfair trick.

Marc: Only in this state, I don’t know anyone in the next one.

Blake: Words fail me.

Marc: Think of it as a giant practical joke.

6 Likes

Highway Hooligans

Day 2, 4-6p - “War of the Windshields”

“Now, now, now!” Marcus yelled, as they hurtled out of their parking space and raced across the parking lot, cutting diagonally across the lot as much as possible.

As they cut in front of Teal Terror, Jake and Trevor lit the fuses on the Roman Candles and the rockets, and the 25-shot-barrage brick they had stuck out of the sunroof. The fireworks burst forth, in a colossal display of noise and explosions, spraying fireworks all over the parking lot and halfway down the road as they tried to take the lead again.

DING! “Your Rear Doors are Open.”

“Got it, Ivan.” Marcus said, rolling his eyes. Cody held the boxes of pizza still as fireworks screamed all around them, before they blistered their way down the road.

“So, how’s team Sparklepower doing after that?” Marcus asked, as the doors slid closed.

“Looks like they got a faceful of glitter, and our booming barrage seems to have bought us about a mile.” Trevor said, giving a wicked laugh. “Now it’s just a matter of trying to hold them off.”

Aftermath:

Morale: +5 (+1)
Fatigue: +14 (-1)
Waypoints: 6
Status: Good pizza and not sitting in the paint-shaker makes for a happy team. Fireworks are fun, too.

7 Likes

Team Redneck Day 2 1800-2000

Jake is reaching through the back window into the ice chest, pulling out fixings to make sandwiches with what is left of their food.

He uses a lid off of the smaller one as a table to do so.

Jake, “The usual? Ham, lettuce, Tomato, mayo and mustard?”

Otis, “Yes please, any BBQ chips left?”

Jake, “A bit”

Jake makes half a dozen sandwiches, his dad eats two he eats 4 (hes a growing teenager of course)

Otis eats his sandwiches and chips, and downs the last of the coffee, so Jake starts another pot.

Jake, “We have half a tub of coffee, and 8 bottles of water left, a quarter bag of sour cream and onion chips, half a bag of tortilla chips, a little bit of salsa, enough fixins for about 2 more sandwiches, Two eggs, half pound of bacon, and 2 sausage links”

Otis, “Don’t forget about those 4 crappy beers you drug along.”

Jake, “I was figuring I would open one and throw it into someones car that was giving us trouble.”

After eating Jake starts to nap against the door.

Otis, “Wake up, we are about to pass that old cop car”

Jake a little slow due to being asleep, “Huh, what, oh hey we are about to pass that old cop car, lets blare the air horn at them as we get close”

Redneck Express, “BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAA BRRRAAAAAAAAAAA BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

POP POP POP POP

Otis, “Holy shit!” as he mashes the gas

POP POP

Jake, “Their shooting at us!”

Otis is the first realize a short distance down the road, “Did you hear anything hitting the truck?”

Jake, “Thinks back, I don’t think so”

Otis, “Take a look at the side, they shouldn’t have missed us at that range”

Jake, “I don’t see any holes”

Otis, “Thought so, just blanks”

Jake, “I still have to change my drawrs”

Otis, “Mountain Home is just a few mile further, we need gas anyways.”

6 Likes