Graphical Problems with Finished Cars

NOTICE: I am at work right now and cannot post logs/pictures. I will post logs + pictures when I get home.

I’ve noticed that if you are building a longitudinal RWD vehicle there are graphical problems with the finished car.

1. If you select a solid axle front suspension you see a front differential from a 4WD vehicle, even though your vehicle is not 4WD
  2. If you select a double wishbone front suspension you see a FWD driveshaft going through your oil pan even though your vehicle is not FWD.
  3. If you select anything other than a solid axle rear suspension you do not see a rear differential, even though you vehicle is RWD
  4. The exhaust always ends around the front of the car and never goes all the way to the back of the vehicle.

These are all problems that exist at the END of car development, so it’s not a case of needing to advance the assembly/design process. The car is already done and all of these visual flaws remain.

I know in the big picture these are not huge problems, but they really affect my enjoyment of the product, and I honestly don’t remember them being issues in the Kee version of the game.

I apologize if this has been covered somewhere but I’ve Googled as much as I can and finding info on problems with this game is hard because Automation is such a common term outside of the game.

Thanks!

1 Like

For now this is expected behaviour. It will change in future updates with dynamic exhaust piping.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing these out, number 4 indeed is expected behavior for now, the others are due to us lacking art assets. We’re now looking into making those along with properly bringing back driveshafts.
Cheers

6 Likes

I also noticed that what I thought was FWD driveshaft for double wishbone/mcpherson strut front suspension is actually the steering rack. The arms that come off the end are so tiny I didn’t see them at first. The rest still stand.

Thanks for the help!