Hard Rooster's Design Studio

BeamNG Update: Check through this thread again if you ever wanted to drive one of these ultra-post-modern-pieces of shit artwork, the one’s that I’ve deemed good enough to drive will have a copy of the .car file for you right under the photo(s).

While I work on my company lore, and for the lite campaign v3 to finish, I need a place to just share my pre-production (pre-campaign) ideas. I’ve got a couple car’s I’ve hashed out. I’ll do a proper lore page once v3 is done, so I can update the lore as I do my 1st v3 play-through. This will also be where I share CSR and other challenge cars that don’t fit into the v3 lore play-through.

Without further ado…

CSR69 - HRM Integrity.car (23.0 KB)

I modeled this car somewhat loosely after my own 1994 Acura Integra LS. I was new to the forums and Discord chat (still am) and I saw the CSR69 challenge. I was too late to enter, but thought it would be a great place to practice my editing. It ended up modeling more of an E36 from the chassis perspective, with a smaller i6 and RWD, which would have been awesome in the actual car too.

The next car I really spent a lot of time on, probably 4-6 hours with lots of helpful input from the Discord chat while I live tweeted my build. Again I was inspired by a challenge, this time the ASCAR racing series. I started out with just the motor, to see if I could build a competitive engine. Once I was done with that, I slapped it in a car, and built it for racing. Then I started to dress the car up and just kind of morphed from race car into the street car version, I ended up going back and putting in a realistic engine and chassis, but I spent almost all of my time tweaking around with that front and back…and trying to decide on wheels. I went through all the mod wheels and settled on these, which actually turn out to be dead on Ford LTD aluminum wheels form the 80’s, so they are period correct, thought what I really wanted was wire wheel hubcaps.

The rear tail light section was harder to do than it looks, there is a small chrome ring around the reverse light, and each tail lamp is actually made up of 4 individual light fixtures stretched and tortured to make the perfect malaise. Period correct skinny plastic/chrome door moldings adorn the sides. The mirrors and bumpers should also be chrome, but alas are not an option on this body just yet.

The front was an even bigger challenge, as there is a bug on this car that doesn’t allow you to center a grill where a grill would go, so the grill you see is made up of several overlaid pairs. There is actually a lot going on there to make such a bland, 80’s design. I think it might be hardest to pull off the 80’s because you have to figure out how to get detail and blandness to work together.

The curb feelers were a nod to the memories of my youth…in case you’re wondering why the fenders have antennas facing the road.

Again, the lack of chrome bumpers and mirrors stain the design a bit, but otherwise, it’s a labor of love and memories and I’m quite proud of the result.

5 Likes

Both of these cars look decent - the first one, while ostensibly a DC2 Integra replica, has a bit of C4/C5 Corvette mixed in with Bristol Fighter up front, although I’d suggest a differently shaped rear wing to better complement the car’s curvaceous form. As for your second design, it too is period-accurate, but I can’t remember the last time anyone gave their car curb feelers.

Uhh, I dunno about you, but the guy clearly says its an integra replica

2 Likes

This will be my first entrant into any contest whatsoever, the GTCC. Not ready for entry yet as I’m still working out the tune, but the design is all set.

The car will be driven by “Jammin” Jenny Ferreira, grand-daughter of company founder Bruce Ferreira, while wearing the racing number 8675309. More lore tweaking to come once the Press Release is made for the race series.

Edit: Reveal Propaganda.

Edit: The first race is complete, and we finished in 5th place.

5 Likes

This one was for CSR70 and I must admit, I did not spend much time on anything but the ad, so this will be stored here to remind myself someday of how much I used to suck at making vans…and ads.

Edit;

Even thought I built the Jammin Jenny Wagon first, this actually ended up being my first entry into a competition, just due to how the timing worked out. Very happy to have taken 3rd in my first try.

5 Likes

You don’t know if you suck at building vans yet!

Yet…
:stuck_out_tongue:

CSR71 Entry, took a leap forward in my photochopping skills on this one, I really like how the magazine article turned out. If only I were more of a wordsmith.

CSR71 HardRooster - HRM Gak Convertible.car (37.8 KB)

Edit: Got tossed in the first round for looking old. Such as it goes.

8 Likes

CSR72 Entry, getting much more efficient with Paint.net now, I cobbled this together in about an hour I think. Maybe 90 minutes. The truck isn’t so impressive, but I always struggle to build anything with a larger engine in the early game that actually works. But I wanted to build a big six like I had in high school, only way better.

Edit: Didn’t make it past the first round. Why? I dunno. I kinda know a lot about trucks and farmers, but I guess I don’t know about Internet assumptions about trucks and farmers. Whatever. I think I’ll just avoid CSR’s from here on.

3 Likes

1966 Archana Trek entry. Kinda got the bug to play tonight, so I threw together another car.

1966Trek HardRooster - Bruce’s Loose Nut Jar.car (32.0 KB)

Edit: After the first stage of the race, Bruce’s little project came in 9th overall, 5th among amateurs, all despite having a failed drive shaft, requiring mid race removal and completion of the race in rear wheel drive. Up until the part failure, the car was doing well, cruising along in 4th place."

2 Likes

This thread needs another car…so…inspired by a Discord chat about Group B cars, a few of us made some impromptu racers. This was mine.

She claims a number I’ve used before once in the future, and is likely to find a place in my Lore…once I make it.

This car has a little meme to it as well, as it features a 409HP 2.1L i3 and a solid rear axle…also with an arrow pointing in the direction you should travel, lest the driver forget, it’s conveniently located on the hood inside the drivers sight-line.

HRM Madness - Trim 14.car (18.7 KB)

Also Available to Drive is it’s also quite good meme street version;

HRM-1 - Group B Madness.car (37.4 KB)

10 Likes

Another CSR Entry that got binned in the first round…for not having enough seating… His loss, this thing is great to drive in BeamNG. I’ve optimized it for driving in Beam so it no longer scores anywhere near as well as it did in Automation points, plus now it has a boxer 4 in the rear and perfect 50/50 weight distribution. Give it a drive today!

CSR76 HardRooster - HRM Amador.car (38.3 KB)

2 Likes