Hard Rooster's Vanilla Fixtures Thread

Update: 14 Variants of one headlight shape done. Coming up next are going to basically be these styles, but in various shapes… Once we have enough shape variety, perhaps I can work on a mix-n-match set like we hashed out in prior posts. Also, I’ve included a variety of LED shapes which you can apply to these, or any other existing headlamp.

14 Likes

Update: 14+1 Variants of the next shape are done. These are based off of the not-Charger headlight shell I did a little while ago. More inbound next week. Happy weekend!

16 Likes

I’m not quite clear on this but are the individual parts going to be available separately?

1 Like

Another shape coming Soon™

6 Likes

Very nice
Do you know when they are available in the game?

1 Like

I don’t know, I can only assume it’ll be with the next update, which may be the lite campaign, which I’m really looking forward to myself.

1 Like

Could you make some sunroofs?

There is a mod for glassunroofs but steelsunroof is missing and maybe a folding roof would be nice.

Moar Soon™ shapes

5 Likes

And still moar Soonness™

7 Likes

Aha, the Bimmer shape.

I see you with those bimmer lights.

*Says the guy who has made so many blatant BMW rip-offs he could run a Chinese knock-off BMW company

I approve

3 Likes

These are going to transform the game!!!

3 Likes

Update Time, got another pack done. This concludes the shapes I’ll be doing from the suggestions. However, I will be making more sets based on existing families of vanilla lights already in game. So expect more headlight fixtures for a little while still. Once I’m done with headlights, I’ll move on to grills, then tail lights;

10 Likes

Spare tires were already suggested?

2 Likes

Couldn’t most of the headlights be converted to tail lights?

1 Like

I use headlights as taillights all the time. I honestly don’t get why there even is a distinction anymore.

I have even used taillights as headlights.

5 Likes

I use taillights as headlights more than I use headlights as headlights, and vice versa I think!

4 Likes

I think the primary distinctions between modern headlights and tail lights is going to be shape, and complexity. As always, you will be able to use tail lights as headlights and vice-versa. More options is better than fewer options. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, spare tires have been suggested, and I’ve repeatedly forgotten about them. I was driving on the freeway the other day and a G-Wagon drove by…and my first thought was “Shit, I still need to make spare tires.” If I keep forgetting, keep reminding me, at some point I’ll have time to do them. Maybe I’ll do them once I’m done with headlights, but before I start on grills.

As for when you guys are going to get a chance to play with all the new fixtures and bodies, looks like we’re just a few weeks away, check out KillRob’s latest little dev update;

8 Likes

Continental or covered spare wheel covers for the truck lid, rear bumper mount and side fender mounts.
Open spare tire mounts for front and rear fenders as well as rear hatches.
Taillight mountable icons and letter.

The first set based on the vanilla headlights is done. The 3 existing variants are on the left of the chrome strip, to those I’ve added 14 more. Coming Soon™

Edit for the next one;

7 Likes