HardRooster's Video Tutorials thread

So, now i have UE and SDK reinstalled into the same folder and put my dev folder also into it and now it works.

Thank you very much. I have made my first own grill :grinning:

1 Like

Is the bezel to smal so the UVMesh cut out the bumper?

Congrats on your first mod!

Is it only right there in that situation, or is it like that anywhere you place the grill?

My first glance guess is, that bumper is morphed out (guess), which causes the UV’s on the body to stretch, which will cause tearing you can’t do anything about.

If it’s doing that everywhere, then you probably just have a simple flaw you missed in your UV, probably accidentally made it bigger somewhere with scaling or something (another guess)

If none of that helps, you can zip up the .blend file and send it to me, and I’ll have a look at it.

Here’s a badge mod tutorial video. This may or may not need an update in the near…or distant future as exporting badges to beam (with colored textures) is not working on my end. In fact, it’s not really working at all, though, after a conversation with Hamish, doens’t seem to be an issue on my end, it’s sounds like an exporter issue, so hopefully we won’t have to change what we’re doing, but if we do, I’ll just do a follow up video explaining the changes.

But without further ado, behold!

2 Likes

Hey there.
Is there a way to assign a particular color to a part of a fixture?
For example, a grill with a red border like this…
jpg_228104335

You would have to use a trim slot on the car or something. You can’t set the color of the paint. Best you could do is to use a reflector, or try to find a material in the game files somewhere that’s red, and see if it works.

Long time, no posty, but I’ve got a new, 20 part video series for making car bodies, I spend most of my time these days on the Discord server, so that can be the best place to reach me for questions, there or in the YouTube comments.

5 Likes