Hoch Technologie Autofahren (HTA) company (1946-2018) Tales: The Original B1000

HTA (Hoch Technologie Autofahren) or High Technology Motoring (Translated to english) Is a German Auto Maker Founded in 1947, They make Reliable, Premium, sporty cars and also Economy cars.

They started in WWII Making trucks, and gasoline engines for Tanks. They finally started making cars
in the early 1950’s,

(Company Logo)

1 Like

Still weird for 1947 (I’m not sure if the term “high technology” even existed back then), but at least in the correct language :wink:

German here, also history and tech buff. NO german car maker ever would use a Name like Supernova. Germans do alphanumerics. If they don’t they make sure to use names that are not in any way exciting, also often combined with alphanumerics. p.ex. Opel Kapitän P2.5, Ford Taunus 12M, BORGWARD HANSA 1500.
Also, year and Type of car are implausible. In 1948 the country was basically still a giant pile of rubble, creating a startup supercar in those years was impossible. German luxury or “premium” cars were nonexistent. Mercedes Benz survived the first five Postwar years by making trucks, and the basic 38hp pre-war 170 saloon. BMW made motorcycles and wouldn’t build cars until 1951.
And finally. 326 units is way too many. Cars of this caliber, if they existed at all, were built in Single or double digitale numbers. Look up the production figures for Just about any Ferrari before 1960. This should give you an idea.

2 Likes

It must have been the most popular space ship of its era. Let it suggest you sth about it’s price, engine and number of made examples.

The largest European engine of that time was probably in the Rolls-Royce Silver Could - a 4.9 I6. In 1958 there was a Facel Vega FV4 with an American 5.8 litre V8, and a year later RR upgraded to their new 6.2 litre V8. Oh, yes, there was also Ferrari with their extreme V12s - for example in the 410 Superamerica, a 5 litre one, the largest they’ve made until 1992. As the name suggests, the car was primarily designed for the American market. Oh, and that engine, like all the most advanced ones until I think late 60s used two cams… in total. And Ferrari shipped 7664 (similarly priced) cars in 2015… also in total.

yes, but don’t let that discourage you. take time to research, tweak, and experiment. just as a basic example, a 1955 DOHC I6 is very much a possibility, but a DOHC v12 of that size isn’t. V12’s post war didn’t really exist outside of Ferrari’s and the odd Daimler IIRC.

so i’d say aim a little lower with the mechanicals, and try to think about the car you want yours to have competed with IRL, and you should find inspiration in no time!

6 Likes

One of my companies uses a very similar power plant, but with MFI instead of DCOEs and all iron. With that setup and HP, the R2800 must be a really thirsty car.

I like the new front btw.

1 Like

Nice not-Datsun not-280z

JK it’s actually pretty cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a pop-up headlight mod in the steam workshop if you want to make it a bit more not-850csi

1 Like

@Watermelon3878 We would get sued by BMW if we do that. :joy:

The headlights are a bit squashed and the tail lights are very large, other than that, pretty good.

1 Like

Aside from the styling revisions recently suggested, I’d like to see a more powerful version of the LSC3 - perhaps a track-ready one - and a convertible in addition to the base coupe. It could be lighter, though… Why not use a glued aluminum monocoque to shave a few more pounds? Also, this car deserves a seven-speed dual-clutch instead of a six-speed.

Edit: The convertible version is finally out and, in my view at least, it looks just as stunning as the coupe, especially with the deep, lustrous metallic exterior colors you chose for each of them.

1 Like

New 2019 LSC3 Cabriolet!

Sunglasses required! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

(1970 HTA Grün Vogel)

The Name “Grün Vogel” Means “Green Bird” in german.

The Grün Vogel was a Very limited production exotic car Produced by HTA Only in 1970.

This car was designed to compete with the Ferrari Dino and the Lamborghini Urraco

The chosen engine for the Grün Vogel was the RH30R, A 3.0L all-aluminum DOHC 32v V8 engine Revving all the way to 7600rpm. This engine was capable of making 210HP and 268Nm torque. Thanks to the Quad KHGS80 DCOE Carburetors. and weighting just 197kgs!

Also, The engine was tranverse mounted. Causing that “MR2 Effect”.

This car was very lightweight (1230+kgs) Thanks to the Galvanized steel monocoque chassis, and Fibre Glass panels.

And its very agile in the corners, thanks to the All-around Double Wishbone suspension with Gas monotube Dampers. And surprisingly, There’s no deadly oversteer at all. Thanks to the Sport Suspension setup made by Team Emperor.

The Grün Vogel can launch from 0-100 in 7.71 Seconds. thanks to the minimal wheelspin and the Medium compound tyres.

The brakes are all-around Disc Brakes. with 2 piston callipers (in the front) and 1 piston calliper in the rear.

There were made 300 Grün Vogel’s Only with a Dark Green color. There’s a little badge on the side that says “1-300”, meaning you have one of the 300 Grün Vogels.

i honestly feel satisfied with this car.

3 Likes

I like it, nothing spectacular, but very neat and tidy!

Woah, thanks! I was thinking about leaving this Topic. But… do you think i should continue with it?

Yeah man totally! Lot of potential, better than me rofl!

1 Like

You captured the “German feel” in your designs very well. I can’t tell exactly why but most of your cars looks very Made In Germany.

1 Like

Not a bad looking start! The headlights look a tad messy imo, but the ideas are there :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s nice but the naming has me a bit fuddled. HTA QHT rings more like part of a serial code rather than a pick up

2 Likes

Yeah, I suck at naming things. The name “SHT” Means “Sport Heavy Truck”.
But the name “QHT” doesn’t have any meaning, I just came up with that name.