His Highness Demands Round #1 (1950-56) [COMPLETE]

No worries! But, now, what was the inspiration for those triple wipers? (Just curious).

Well Nedella is Moshvich’s highest trim. Why they thought since they’re Russian it would be cheap there. No one knows. They’re just a bunch of dumb people at a table in Moshvich’s early years.

1 Like

3ah6k9okldoy

1 Like

I am speechless on how the king judged my car when I read it I was laughing for 3 minutes flat
but as I have gotten a new computer I have lost the original file

1 Like

Same with mine. Apparently one of my major companies Moshvichakes American cars despite being Russian according to the king. Maybe because the 29W Nedella was the highest trim and was made for dirt and sand basically.

1 Like

alright lets get it bois

1 Like

1 month and no winner?

I guess the king takes along time to make decicions

2 Likes

Yeah… sorry, I’ve gotten back to Wreckfest modding lately, but, I’ll probably do it today and if not, tomorrow.

Sorry again for the wait!

1 Like

The Finals!

(Finally)

In the limo, the king and Yanovikch were discussing the remaining four cars.

“Ok, let us recap.” said Yanovikch.

“Let’s start with that Zenith–what was it? 150? Ah, yes… you know, following it right now, I’m afraid we might catch up to it on these steeper hills. It doesn’t seem very fast.” said the king.

“Shall we write it off?”

“Well, it appears to do well off of the road, and, it does have a Semyonovian flair to it. Not yet.”

“How about the Primo?” asked Yanovikch.

“Er, well now, does it have the highest service cost of all of them?” replied the king.

“Yes. That is a strike against.”

“Well, obviously.” said the king, “What else?”

“It definitely isn’t the best looking… um, suicide doors would be a bit cumbersome for the common folk, and it’s awful off-road, but, everything else (engine, seating, among some) is pretty good.” reported Yanovikch.

“I’m afraid, there are just too many flaws. A good car, but we have better.” said the king.

“Ok then… the Armor Motors?” said Yanovikch.

“The wheels…”

“Sir, really, they’re just rims!”

“What else?”

“As I said earlier, the quality of the car isn’t terribly impressing–if not a bit dangerous–but other than that, and the service costs, it’s good.”

“So, it has high service costs and lower quality?” asked the king.

“Yes, I told you that earl–”

“I don’t know if I like this car anymore…” interrupted the king, who in many respects sometimes acted like a child.

“Please, sir, shall reconsider the next one? The Petrov SEM?” asked Yanovikch.

“Mr. Yanovikch, out of the SEM, Aromor Motors, and the Zenith, which one shall we cut?”

“Do we need to cut another?”

“Yes, just like this country’s budget, our list needs to be cut!” said the king, firmly.

“Alright, alright… I think it’s safe to say… the Petrov may be the best here, mainly because of it’s drivability, and it does well off-road.”

“So then it has to be the Viva.”

“Why?”

“Because, the Zenith fits our country better, Yanovikch. The service costs, the quality, and the way it looks all make it seem very fragile, and I think the common folk will feel ill at ease about it.”

“Uh, okay, sir.” said Yanovikch. He was evidently surprised at the king’s reason.

At this moment, they arrived. The salesmen from Armor Motors and CMC obviously looked rather disappointed, when Yanovikch told them the news.

“Um, sir… you’ve parked your limousine in front of the vehicles again.” said Yanovikch.

“It’s fine.”

“Anyway, let’s begin–again.” said Yanovikch.

First, they drove the Zenith around a designated course seeing how well the cars could handle bumps, high speeds, etc.

“Let’s do the SEM first.” said the king.

As they pulled off, the small wheelspin surprised them both.

“Uh, oh, not one of these race cars…” thought Yanovikch.

On the contrary, though, the Primo seemed to do quite well on the road, and, at both high and low speeds. On some of the faster corners, as it seemed to understeer, it would almost correct itself. Although a tad twitchy, the SEM did quite well. Off the road, the Primo dazzled the two judges. It could get over pretty much anything! There is a large amount of suspension travel, (without being a rock crawler) and it doubly exceeded their expectations.

Now. The Zenith.

The ride was nice. Once it got up to speed, it stayed there, and it wasn’t twitchy like the SEM. Having said that, if you buy one, please do not go up any hills, of any size. The Zenith immediately loses power, forcing you (if you drive automatic) to drive in 1st gear and 1st gear only. Sadly, off road, the Zenith’s large (and tall) front fascia held it up on some rocks and bumps, some of which, the Primo would’ve just bounced right over. It can coax itself to go over, but it’s much harder.

So, after driving around in them, Yanovikch and the king both agree that the Primo SEM is the winner in the driving segment.

“Wait, Mr. Yanovikch, what’s the price difference?”

“77 Daktoz.”

“I think I’ve found the winner.”

The winner is…

The Petrov SEM!

Congrats to @Mad_Cat for the win!

1 Like

Damn, is that 2nd? Even if it isn’t, that’s my best ever score in any competition thus far! First round was excellent, can’t wait for the second. Congrats to Mad_Cat!

1 Like

Wait, if i won, do I have to host the next round or how does this work? @Crash77

Yes, the winner (or next-in-line) will host the next round (which will be from 1956-1962). Once the host has been chosen, I will send them a ‘Semyonovian Package’ with guidelines, etc.

1 Like

If that’s the case, it might be useful to list more places than just the winner, in case the winner doesn’t want to host or can’t due to real life getting in the way.

2 Likes

I think i will pass the hosting to the next-in-line, not enough time irl to host a challenge

Good point. The finishing position for all entrants are:

1. @Mad_Cat
  2. @CC9020
  3. @GassTiresandOil
  4. @Plupp
  5. @Traviq_125
  6. @CorsicaUnknown
  7. @brunator
  8. @Enderjed
  9. @desperatedonut5

I’ll go for it, I’m able to host as long as I can get judging done on the weekend.

1 Like

Thread will be up likely by tomorrow evening. 8 PM EST at the latest if something doesn’t come up.

1 Like

Awesome. Can’t wait for next round!

1 Like

Good day.

Manufacturers have been contacted in regards to a request for the new Semyonovian General Purpose Vehicle of the Armed Forces and State.

Parkekt!

• Honorable Chairman Lyanovsvik of the Semyonovian Budgetary Committee and Foreign Affairs Office
1 Like