His Highness Demands Round #1 (1950-56) [COMPLETE]

Damn, I had something fun lined up, but am on the open beta branch :frowning:

Calradia Motors presents brand new Ismirala 1000 Semyonovia Special - universal transport tool for people. Buy freedom of travel for 882 Semyonovian Daktoz.

7 Likes

This might sound pedantic but what even is a “station wagon”? Is it as defined by the game only or will certain SUVs and hatchbacks or people carriers be close enough to get the bonus? and likewise will certain cars be ineligible for the bonus despite technically being classified by the game as a station wagon?

Asking because there is a certain body I’m looking at that the game calls a station wagon even though Its more of a compact SUV

Edit: I just switched to the stable version but the game bugs out when I select what engine layout I want, I’ll just wait until next round.

No worries, and I was thinking of a real-world definition, not from the game.

@Crash77 If you imported the 29W Nedella into Beam originally there was a chrome stripe glitch with the rear. After I hopefully fixed it. Is the chrome glitch still there? If so I’ll have to delete the rear stripes.

Hello,my company BCT it is proud to present to you our project:

The Teknotz cruiser. A vehicle designed to be easy to drive, realiable, stylish. It is able to use the lowest quality gas you can find with no problem. It will take you anywhere with his powerful engine. It is cheap to mantain and affordable. the price is 1087.5 daktoz, wheelbase tax included.

Get one and cruise all semyonovia

2 Likes

Fancy.

ZENITH MOTOR WORKS IMP EXPORT 150 - WHAT YOU NEED

Decades of Work and Power have led us to the Ultimate Efficient Transportation Machine, the IMP 150. Now Available to Semyonovian customers for just 1,002 Dakotz, experience American Power and Engineering today with your slice of Front-Drive Magic - giving YOU ultimate CONTROL, SAFETY and STABILITY everywhere you go.

^admittedly didn’t have too much time to work on it so most was spent on engineering.

2 Likes

February 10th :wink:

1 Like

I was going to enter this, but I couldn’t get a low quality car to work. Also, I saw that this was an ongoing challenge, and realized I could not commit to it. That being said, I would like to see who did manage a lowQ vehicle.

Although it is an ongoing challenge, you don’t have to enter in every one, as that would be a very large commitment.

Anyway!

Submissions are now closed!

Verified contestants:
@GassTiresandOil: Armor Motors Viva Semyonovia
@Mad_Cat: Petrov SEM
@Traviq_125: Mekka Semyonovian Mover
@Enderjed: Endgon Firkolakant Persktokt Special
@CorsicaUnknown: 1950 Sisten Special 6
@desperatedonut5: Moshvich 29W Nedella
@brunator: BCT Teknotz Cruiser
@CC9020: Zenith Motor Works IMP Export 150
@Plupp: Commi Motor Company Primo Semyonovia

And from these contestants I need the .car file (no worries):
@Wachu: Calradia Motors Ismirala 1000 Semyonovia Special

Thanks everyone, and the reviews should be up (hopefully) in the next few days!

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see the results.

2 Likes

Well, I’m afraid neither @Plupp or @Wachu have given me their .car files… I have chosen to wait until Saturday, and if they don’t respond in time, I will have to continue without their cars.

1 Like

Thankfully, @Plupp has given me the .car file. Thanks!

The Preliminaries

Everything was looking good. 10 manufacturers had sent their cars to Semyonovia, (sadly, one was totaled on a twisty road or something. Unfortunate, as it looked promising) and Akulov Yanovikch, the king’s diplomatic minister, was walking out of his office to see the cars, with the representatives from each manufacturer, respectively. Just then, a large, luxurious limousine pulled up in front of the building, blocking all of the entries with it’s mass.

“Ah, hello Mr. Yanovikch! Where are these vehicles?” said the king.

“Behind you, sir.”

“Oh! Didn’t see them. Anyway, where’s your assistant? I want to get started.” said the king, anxiously.

“He is on his way, sir. You know, we might as well start now.” replied Mr. Yanovikch.

“Well then, let’s begin with this!”

1950 Sisten Special 6

It was rather handsome, although it looked a bit to “shiny” and “nice” for Semyonovia’s rough roads. There was a middle-aged man next to the car, in a business suit, holding a piece of paper.

“I was half-expecting those girls in the add.” muttered the king.

The middle-aged man frowned. Apparently, he had heard more than the king wanted. Nevertheless, the man commenced his little pitch.

“The new Sisten Special 6 is the perfect car for Semyonovia’s needs, with the powerful IFO26 engine, the Special 6–”

The king stopped him. He was evidently getting impatient. As the man looked like he was going to start again, the king quickly stopped him again, saying that they would only need the piece of paper, not his monologue. Then, the man left.

“Well, let’s see here… price… here we go. Oh, it’s 81 Daktoz over… not that bad, I guess. But it is very practical.” said Yanovikch.

“Yes, and it doesn’t really score well in either demographic, and service costs are on the high-side. It seems just so-so. Let’s see what the others have to offer, then we can decide on this.” said the king.

“How about this?” asked Yanovikch, pointing to the…

1950 Zenith Motor Works IMP Export 150

“Ooh! This seems quite Semyonovian!” said the king.

“Yes it does, sir.” agreed Yanovikch.

“Where’s that paper for this one?” asked the king.

“Here, Your Highness.” said the rep. from Zenith.

“Wow. This is a lot better than that Special.” said Yanovikch, looking at the price. It was only 1,002 Daktoz.

Already, just after looking at one paragraph, they decided that the Special 6 was not moving on, as they were only going to choose four cars.

“We’ll get into details later. Good engine, looks, does well off-road, it’s approved.” said the king.

“Ok. shall we move on?” asked Yanovikch.

1950 Mekka Semyonovian Mover

“It’s… a van.” said the king, disappointed.

“Strange, as it’s actually not that practical.” said Yanovikch. He had already been handed the paper.

“Yes, and, the service costs are high. Not interested.” said the king, now thoroughly disappointed.

“A shame, it does do well off the road.” said Yanovikch, “Although, it drives on low quality fuel, and it’s fairly reliable.”

“But the service costs combined with the price… no, not today.” said the king.

“Ok, then. What’s next?”

1950 Endgon Firkolakant Persktokt Special

“Wha-what in Semyonovia is this!?” yelled the king.

“It’s the… Endgo-n Firkola-kant Persktokt Special, sir.” stammered Yanovikch.

“It looks–awful. AAHHH!” screamed the king, in a mixture of terror and amusement.

“What is it sir!?” said Yanovikch, pulling out his gun.

“Oh, no, you don’t need that. Come, come over here and look at the rear of this thing!” said the king, now laughing.

“Strange body, extremely costly to buy and to service… a big (as big as this cyclops-back-light) NO!” said Yanovikch, now running to the next car.

1950 CMC Primo Semyonovia

“It looks a bit… German.” said the king.

“No, it’s Russian, I think. ‘Commi’. Yes, Russian.” said Yanovikch.

“What are the specs on this?” asked the king.

“Let’s see, ooh, the price is 130 Daktoz under budget, good, good…service costs are quite high, but it is extremely practical. Fuel economy’s on the low side.” replied Yanovikch, “oh, and it is a lot more drivable than that Mekka, or even the Zenith.”

“Seems like it’s a viable option. And we can get into the details later. It’s approved.”

“Yes, sir.”

1950 Armor Motors Viva Semyonovia

“Well, the Viva Semyonovia. Looks British.” said the king.

“Yes, now… thank you.” Yanovikch said to the man next to the Viva.

“I do like the way this looks. Although, I am definitely not interested in these wire wheels. Dirt, mud, and rocks will destroy them.” commented the king.

“Hmm. The entire car really doesn’t look terribly rugged, now does it?” agreed Yanovikch.

“What does it have, that’s good?” asked the king.

“Price is good, at 118 Daktoz under budget. Reliable, and it’s quite safe. Sadly, it has a higher service cost than that Zenith. And, although it looks prestigious, the quality is the worst so far.” reported Yanovikch.

“I really want to accept it, but those rims, and the quality is unfortunate.” said the king.

“It scores well in both demographics, extremely well, actually.”

“Humph, well, let’s see what the common folk have to say about those wires…” replied the king, and with that, he approved it and they moved on.

1950 BCT Teknotz Cruiser

“It looks like a basset hound, and they spelled ‘Tekntoz’ wrong.” compained the king.

“I am not pleased with the triple windshield wipers.” said Yanovikch.

“‘not pleased’ is an understatement. I don’t see how they could even work.”

“Well, I guess they do, because they’ve made it into the final design.” replied Yanovikch.

“Specs!” commanded the king.

“Oh, service costs are through the roof! Fuel economy is lower than ten, it’s just slightly under the budget, but it does run on low quality!” said Yanovikch, like the fuel type made every con disappear.

“No. Not investing in a misspelled basset hound, I’m afraid.”

“I have a basset hound.” said Yanovikch, under his breath.

1950 Moshvich 29W Nedella

“IT’S AMERICAN! This more American than Uncle Sam driving a Willys Jeep with nine flags, a machine gun, and ten big capitalist businesses, all in one picture!” shouted the king, who was never fond of the Yankees.

“It’s Russian.”

“What!?”

“Moshvich. Russian.” repeated Yanovikch.

“Really?” asked the king.

“Anyway, it is large and–” Yanovikch stood speechless.

“What is it, Mr. Yanovikch?” asked the king.

“The price is…3,375 Daktoz!” yelled Yanovikch, who was truly scared.

“How did this get here?” complained the king.

“It gets worse. It’s almost un-drivable, and it’s basically double the service costs of that BCT!” said Yanovikch.

“This makes that Flirtlandia (or whatever that thing was) look incredible.” the king said.

“Let’s go!”

1950 Petrov SEM

As they arrived at the final car, the look of terror on the king’s face vanished.

“Humph. It looks quite nice. It has a ‘Semyonovian’ quality that the Zenith had. Specs!” demanded the king.

“Service costs are higher…but the price is quite good, 175 Daktoz under budget. What else… it isn’t the safest, but it does well on and off the road. Overall, it seems like a very good option.” Yanovikch said.

“Good. Service costs though…” started the king.

“And it’s the last car!” interrupted Yanovikch.

“Ok, then. It’s approved.”

And with that, the king got in his limousine along with Yanovikch, and they followed the SEM, IMP 150, the Viva, and the Primo off to a new location, for in-depth testing.

Congratulations:

@GassTiresandOil

@Plupp

@Mad_Cat

@CC9020

On getting into the finals! They should commence soon.

2 Likes

ouch, danm keyboard. hope to do it better next time. The triple wipper its because the wind shield is very wide, didn’t want to release a car which can’t clean the windshield properly

1 Like

No worries! But, now, what was the inspiration for those triple wipers? (Just curious).

Well Nedella is Moshvich’s highest trim. Why they thought since they’re Russian it would be cheap there. No one knows. They’re just a bunch of dumb people at a table in Moshvich’s early years.

1 Like

3ah6k9okldoy

1 Like

I am speechless on how the king judged my car when I read it I was laughing for 3 minutes flat
but as I have gotten a new computer I have lost the original file

1 Like