Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Hoch Technologie Autofahren (HTA) company (1947-2018)

HTA (Hoch Technologie Autofahren) or High Technology Motoring (Translated to english) Is a German Auto Maker Founded in 1947, They make Reliable, Premium, sporty cars and also Economy cars.

They started in WWII Making trucks, and gasoline engines for Tanks. They finally started making cars
in the early 1950’s,

(Company Logo)

Still weird for 1947 (I’m not sure if the term “high technology” even existed back then), but at least in the correct language :wink:

German here, also history and tech buff. NO german car maker ever would use a Name like Supernova. Germans do alphanumerics. If they don’t they make sure to use names that are not in any way exciting, also often combined with alphanumerics. p.ex. Opel Kapitän P2.5, Ford Taunus 12M, BORGWARD HANSA 1500.
Also, year and Type of car are implausible. In 1948 the country was basically still a giant pile of rubble, creating a startup supercar in those years was impossible. German luxury or “premium” cars were nonexistent. Mercedes Benz survived the first five Postwar years by making trucks, and the basic 38hp pre-war 170 saloon. BMW made motorcycles and wouldn’t build cars until 1951.
And finally. 326 units is way too many. Cars of this caliber, if they existed at all, were built in Single or double digitale numbers. Look up the production figures for Just about any Ferrari before 1960. This should give you an idea.

(1955 HTA SK5)

The SK5 is a Luxury Coupe, With Fully independent suspension on front and rear,Premium AM Radio, And Hydraulic power steering. The car is very comfy, But also very heavy. As it weights 1400Kgs.

The SK5 was powered by the new UEK68 Motor, A Cast-Iron 24v DOHC 6.8 Litre V12.
That produces 283HP and 536Nm of torque. Thanks to Revised carburetors.

The Car chassis was a monocoque made of Galvanized steel while the panels are made of aluminum.

HTA Made just 7.642 SK5s. For the price of 237.200 £ (275.000 US$).
(So, what do you think?)

It must have been the most popular space ship of its era. Let it suggest you sth about it’s price, engine and number of made examples.

The largest European engine of that time was probably in the Rolls-Royce Silver Could - a 4.9 I6. In 1958 there was a Facel Vega FV4 with an American 5.8 litre V8, and a year later RR upgraded to their new 6.2 litre V8. Oh, yes, there was also Ferrari with their extreme V12s - for example in the 410 Superamerica, a 5 litre one, the largest they’ve made until 1992. As the name suggests, the car was primarily designed for the American market. Oh, and that engine, like all the most advanced ones until I think late 60s used two cams… in total. And Ferrari shipped 7664 (similarly priced) cars in 2015… also in total.

And this was in the US, before the war. Guess what changes when you are in the post-war Europe.

yes, but don’t let that discourage you. take time to research, tweak, and experiment. just as a basic example, a 1955 DOHC I6 is very much a possibility, but a DOHC v12 of that size isn’t. V12’s post war didn’t really exist outside of Ferrari’s and the odd Daimler IIRC.

so i’d say aim a little lower with the mechanicals, and try to think about the car you want yours to have competed with IRL, and you should find inspiration in no time!

(1951 HTA EM183)

6 years After the WWII events, HTA Decided to compete in the market of Luxury cars.

The “EM183” was designed to compete with the Heavy, Powerful and Fancy American cars of the era. And also to compete with the mercedes-benz 300.

The EM183 was powered by the powerful FGB40 4.0L SOHC V8 Engine, That makes 168HP and 310Nm of torque.

The Engine is matted to a 4-Speed Manual gearbox. Getting a top speed of 163Km/h

The chassis was a monocoque entirely made of steel. But surprisingly, it just weights 1200Kgs.

The car was quite successfull. Selling 29.562 Examples on Europe, and 23.674 on the US

The EM183 was Prestigious, Expensive, Powerful, and Luxurious.

The car was only sold in one Trim, and is the one you’re seeing right now.

in it’s time, You could get one for 45.000€ (Or 52.100 US$)
(Sadly, i couldn’t upload the photo showing the rear of the car due to the Page’s limitations)

(1973 HTA R2300)

A Light, Quick, and reliable Roadster. And it was the car that saved HTA from bankruptcy.

The “R” represents the word “Roadster”, And the “2300” Represents its engine size.

(Actual photo of the SK-23 on the car)
The the only engine option was the reliable, High Revving SK-23 motor.

It was a Small 2300cc DOHC 8v I4, entirely made of Aluminum. And it weights just 132kgs
And it wasn’t underpowered at all, As it makes 162Hp @ 6800Rpm
and 201Nm of torque @ 3600Rpm. It’s rev limiter is set at 7000Rpm.

there was a 2-rotor engine prototype. obviously, it wasn’t produced.

The chassis as always, It’s a monocoque made of galvanized steel, and the panels are made of fibre-glass. weighting just 990kgs
The car haves disc brakes on all the wheels. 2 Piston calipers on the front and 1 piston in the rear.

Also the R2300 has a Double wishbone suspension.

Story: Due to the Oil crisis of 1973, HTA was in financial trouble. As most of their models had to be discontinued on that year, And with the colonial as the only Model they were producing on that year.

HTA simply couldn’t compete with the cheaper, more powerful and more durable japanese cars of the era.
on the verge of bankruptcy, HTA contacted with an old japanese engineer.

The result was this: it was the most sold convertible on that year. as it was comfy, cheap, durable, and with a good fuel/oil consumption.

(1953 HTA FMR)    

The “FMR” Stands for Front Mid-engine, Rear wheel drive.

It was HTA’s First “Hypercar”. Well… more likely a sportscar. Due to its low price of 18.970€ (22.100US$) (In its time)

The FMR Was inspired from airplanes, It’s monocoque galvanized steel chassis with aluminum
panels, and a 200HP 2.8L I6 taken from an old WWII aircraft.

The FMR was fast indeed, but you wont be very happy with it’s cheap interior.

(LR28 Engine)

One thing that makes this car interesting, it’s his LR28 engine.

They replaced the Old OHV system, with a new DOHC Valvetrain for more power and reliability.

• Engine: Cast-iron, DOHC 12v Double Carburetor I6

• Power: 199-200HP, and 267Nm Torque.

More Spec Sheet:

• Chassis: Galvanized steel monocoque with aluminum panels

• Suspension: Double Wishbone (Front) Double Wishbone (Rear)

• Weight: 1002Kgs

• Drivetrain: RWD, 4 Speed manual transmission.

• 0-100: 9 Seconds

• 1/4 Mile: 18 Seconds

• Top Speed: 229Km/h

This car used the Passetto 4-Speed manual gearbox, The same as the EM183.
And it haves new Drum 2LS Front brakes.

Also, This car was harshly criticized for the fact it didn’t have rear-view mirrors.

Finding a FMR in good condition today is not hard, and one in good condition can cost less than 10.309€ (12.500 US$)

(1976 HTA R2800)

The R2300’s Big brother. The R2800 has a longer wheelbase, and a new engine.
And the most remarkable change was (Obviously) the new front.

After the success of the R2300 HTA’s president decided to make a new model.

Like the R2300, The “2800” represents it’s engine size. They used a New K28 Engine.
It’s one of their first engines they used forged internals.

Other than that, the K28 haves nothing interesting at all.

Engine Spec Sheet Here
  • Engine: 2.8L Cast-iron block, Aluminum head 12v SOHC Double DCOE Carburetor I6.

• Power: 170HP, and 238Nm Torque

The Engine was matted to a generic 5 Speed Manual transmission made by Nissan.

also, its 48Kgs heavier than the R2300. and it haves an abysmal fuel economy of 9Mpg

More Spec Sheet About the R2800 here
  • Chassis: Galvanized Steel Monocoque with fibre-glass Panels

• Suspension: Torsion Beam (Rear) Mcperson Strut (Front)

• Weight: 949kgs

• Drivetrain: RWD, 5 Speed manual Tranmission

• 0-100: 7 Seconds

• 1/4 Mile: 18 Seconds

• Top Speed 175Km/h

There was also a “R4300” Prototype, wich used an Updated version of the EM183 4.3L V8 engine. with more power. Actually, Nobody knows where the prototype is. And there’s only ONE photo confirming his existence.

Watch photo HERE

(The Only photo of the R4300)

One of my companies uses a very similar power plant, but with MFI instead of DCOEs and all iron. With that setup and HP, the R2800 must be a really thirsty car.

I like the new front btw.

Nice not-Datsun not-280z

JK it’s actually pretty cool :slight_smile:

(1991 HTA LSC1)

(“Totally Not a BMW 850i”) This was the car a typical 40 year old business man would get.
Expensive, Big Engine and Super Confortable. is the typical recipe for a Luxury car.

The “LSC” Stands for “Luxury Sport Coupe”

This car costed back then 44.431€ (52.350US$)

The Engine was the new HE50B 5.0L V12.Its so smooth, that you’ll feel like the engine is off.
With a VVT System. It Launches the car from 0-100 in 5.61 Seconds.

Engine Spec Sheet HERE
  • Engine: 5.0L Cast-iron Block, Aluminum Heads 48v DOHC MFI V12

• Power: 310-311HP, 438Nm Torque

Also, there’s the “HITCS” System. (HTA Intelligent Traction Control System) Developed in 1987.
And a New MultiLink Suspension on the rear.

You could get The PELEC 5 Speed Manual gearbox, or a LPI Automatic Gearbox. Both With Geared LSD Included.

With all that luxury, you’ll get why this car weights almost 1.6 Tons.

Still… Having a Decent fuel economy of 18Mpg.

Spec Sheet About the LSC1 Here
  • Chassis: Galvanized Steel, with Aluminum Panels

• Suspension: MultiLink (Rear) Double Wishbone (Front)

• Weight: 1589Kgs

• Drivetrain: RWD, 5 Speed Manual

• 0-100: 5.61 Seconds

• 1/4 Mile: 17 Seconds (Maybe, Not 100% Sure…)

• Top Speed: 279Mm/h

There’s a pop-up headlight mod in the steam workshop if you want to make it a bit more not-850csi

@Watermelon3878 We would get sued by BMW if we do that. :joy:

(2019 HTA LSC3)

(My first try to make a modern car) Just, Another Heavy GT Car…

Weighting Over 1.8 Tons. But a lot of luxury and a New 4.1L TwinTurbo V8.

For now there’s only the GT Model. Wich you can buy now at the HTA Dealership, for 62.000€ (72.600 US$)

(Mhm… Where did i saw these tailights before? i can’t remember…)

The Engine, as i said before. is the New 41MK Turbo V8. Developed Entirely by Team Emperor.
Like Every HTA/Emperor Engine, it doesn’t go beyond 6800RPM. (Sometimes they do)

Engine Spec Sheet HERE
  • Engine: 4.1L Alsi, 32v DOHC Direct-Injection VVT TwinTurbo V8.

• Power: 440HP, and 657Nm Torque

This car haves “HITCS” System, Launch Control, Luxury HUD, Active Sport Suspension. Blah Blah Blah…

This car can reach 36MPG on “ECO” Mode. Thanks to its Dual Clutch 6 Speed tranmission.

Launch from 0-100 In 4.60 Seconds On “R” Mode.

And have a comfort score of 43 on “Comfort” mode.

More Spec Sheet HERE
  • Chassis: AHS Steel monocoque, with Aluminum Panels.

• Suspension: MultiLink (Rear), Double Wishbone (Front)

• Drivetrain: RWD, Double Clutch 6 Speed Transmission.

• Weight: 1887kgs

• 0-100: 4.60 Seconds

• 1/4 Mile: 12 Seconds.

• Top Speed: 279 Km/h (Like the LSC1)

More trims coming soon… If you like this one! Constructive criticism is appreciated!

The headlights are a bit squashed and the tail lights are very large, other than that, pretty good.

(1955 HTA M1200)

In 1955, HTA decided to focuse a little bit more on affordable cars.
So, They came up with the M1200.
Light, Quick, Reliable, and extremely cheap to maintain. it’s was HTA’s best selling car. for 20 years.

Produced from 1955-1978. In it’s time you could get one for 4882€ (5670 US$)

This car was very basic. having every essential thing to work. a nice little 1200cc 32HP OHV i4 under the hood. Solid axle coil and torsion beam suspension. drum 2LS brakes. and a 3 speed manual (or a 2 Speed automatic optional) transmission. and a very basic interior with AM radio.

HTA sold over 2.800.000 M1200’s on europe. and also, getting a lot of fans.
It was also used in rally, modified by Team Emperor. (But it’ll make a post about that later…)

More Spec Sheet HERE

Engine: 1.2L Cast-iron OHV Single Eco Carb I4

• Power: 32HP, 67Nm torque

• Chassis: Steel Ladder, with Steel Panels

• Suspension: Solid Axle Coil (Front) Torsion Beam (Rear)

• Drivetrain: FWD, 3 Speed manual

• Weight: 664Kgs

• 0-100: 21 Seconds

• Top Speed: 120Km/h

Aside from the styling revisions recently suggested, I’d like to see a more powerful version of the LSC3 - perhaps a track-ready one - and a convertible in addition to the base coupe. It could be lighter, though… Why not use a glued aluminum monocoque to shave a few more pounds? Also, this car deserves a seven-speed dual-clutch instead of a six-speed.

Edit: The convertible version is finally out and, in my view at least, it looks just as stunning as the coupe, especially with the deep, lustrous metallic exterior colors you chose for each of them.