Hodan SC - 砲弾

Note; The old Hodan is no more, and this one now exists because It’s easier to start again. This one is entirely different

砲弾 (Hodan) is a Sportscar manufacture based out of Eastern Osaka. Founded in 1979 between two friends, their first project was making an entirely custom car, using an older Komodo as a base. In 1983, they moved to full-time production of their first car, the Fuji, named after the Raceway and Mountain.

Hodan has always used engines supplied from other manufacturers, as they have never had the Capacity to develop their own engines. In 2016, Hodan purchased Engine development tools, and at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show unveiled the first fruits of their efforts, the Rizun Concept.

Being a smaller company, only one or two models would ever be in work at the same time. Hodan itself supports owners who use their cars for racing purposes, supplying engineers to a Driver who used a 2013 Okayama in the WTAC. It is also looking at modifying the Rizun for use in Group 4 Competions.

5 Likes

2013 Hodan Okayama S1 Series

In 2012, Hodan unveiled their next project at the Tokyo Auto Show, That would be the Okayama. In 2013, the First Okayama’s began production, Using three different Inline 6 engines.

The First was the S1-Kirin, Being the cheapest, but most economical, powered by a Gamma Kirin 2.2 VVL VVT-A. 147hp, and a weight of 8kg over 1000. This is the Entry Level Okayama.

The Seccond is the S1-Erin, this is the Middle model of the Line-up, powered by the Erin Supplied 2.8 TDi VTL. 270hp and 9kg under 1100. This one is the Mid-Level Okayama, and boasts the best Fuel Economy.

The Final is the S1-LZ, the Highest model. Powered by the Zenshi LZ6 ME, with a small tune by Hodan. 353hp, and 3kg over 1100. This is the Most Powerful Okayama, and is the Track-orientated model.

Okayama S1-Kirin

Okayama S1-Erin

Okayama S1-LZ

2015 Okayama S2-LZ

In 2015, the Okayama got an update. The Erin and Gamma engines were dropped, leaving only the LZ model in the line-up. The engine went un-changed from the 2013 models, however, the Exterior received small changes, and the internals got a bit of a revamp. The 6-speed manual from the 2013 was replaced with a new 6-speed Single Clutch Sequential gearbox, Brakes got an upgrade, Safety was updated, and Rims were changed from Magnesium to Carbon Fibre.

Thanks to @Grandea, @DeusExMackia, and @Nomade0013 for the Engines. None of this would’ve been possible otherwise

9 Likes

I’ve heard a lot about Hodan from CSR; it’s about time it got a thread to itself! And I must admit that the Okayama is a great start to this thread. Not only does it look the part, it drives the part.

1 Like

Nice! A car I’d really like to drive, which is not obvious with sports cars and especially small roadsters. Looks good, stats are very good, company background fine - what more could you want? :wink:

4 Likes

Sadly, the Hodan cars in the CSR are no longer cannon with the lore.

Thanks for letting me know. Annulling (or rather ignoring) the CSR part of its lore helps clears up the company’s history somewhat.

Nice use of the engines! Can’t have been cheap for Hodan to secure so many engine contracts for one car though!

1 Like

We from Gamma had build a lot of 2.2s waiting for a certain Taxi request from a certain CSR client, but we lost the contract, so we just updated the old engines that where taking space and made a cheap contract for Hodan at the expectation of getting more fame and a good name at the sports car market. That’s also the reason for the low max power, but it has a good amount of low-end torque and great potential for modifications.

3 Likes

2018 Hodan RallySport Concept

Photoshop done by @ramthecowy

Note; this was meant to be done for Frankfurt, but it got closed before I could do it

The Hodan Rallysport Concept is one possibility for a Hodan Rally Chassis. This is a mostly aluminium vehicle, with some steel components. Hodan is currently looking for a possible supplier of a 1.6L or less inline 4 for a possible working test model.

10 Likes

Looks nice :slight_smile: And Zavir could supply a 1.6 I4 (DOHC + VVL, full AlSi), I can send it to you later today (GMT+1 today) if you are interested.

We will take a look, thank you for your offer. :smiley:

I have a <1.6L I4 available and will be investigating the offer.

Review: 2017 Hodan Okayama FE

“Dazed and confused”

8 Likes

Ah, too bad KHT aftermarket division is too busy researching and releasing Maesima parts in 2017. This looks very nice. Imagine what we could do with 3.7 liters.

You have hit the nail on the head with this latest review. I am as disappointed as you are to find out that the final Okayama is half-baked to the point that I cannot possibly recommend it - but adding some creature comforts, and a retuned suspension for much-improved ride and handling, should help in making it more worthy of the “Final Edition” moniker.

So I guess in several years time we can expect a “D generation” rehash out of this? :joy: