The Old 'Kuto Thread

38 different car company CEOs want to know your location

8 Likes

Do the a e r o d y n a m i c s make it 101% faster too?

Indeed it does. With Kaede’s hair fangs and impossibly good aero tech, it is the best car on the market.

The beginning of a great friendship.

The Toréer-Hokuto Partnership.

In 1990, Hokuto released the all new Levara. It was larger and more powerful, and featured a new variant - the HR-4. The HR-4 was all wheel drive, fast, and clean.

However, a small tuning company at the time saw potential in it to be something even better.

Click here for details.

17 Likes

Insert Oldsmobile Reference

1 Like

Hokuto Hatchback Heaven – the 1992-1998 Hokuto Aria

Introduced in 1991 for the 1992 model year, the Hokuto Aria was the first generation of the Aria after a 3 year hiatus. The Aria replaced the Levara as Hokuto's compact sedan in the US market, as the Levara name was moved upmarket for 1989.

The small Hokuto was launched alongside the Fiasco with a new trim-level naming scheme developed to simplify choices for the customer.

The fuel economy oriented CX was the basic model, offering a 1.6L CT16E engine with 90 horsepower, scoring a competitive 38 miles per gallon combined, using a slick Hokuto 5-speed manual transmission.

Next, you could get the CS, a sport oriented model. The CS had the same 5-speed on offer, but with a trick differential and a larger 2.0L CT20E engine making 130 horsepower. It also had a more stylish and sportier front end treatment, bigger wheels and stiffer suspension tuning.

A more style-friendly and comfort oriented CXE was on offer as well, which got you much nicer interior materials and more safety equpiment. Powering this model was a 1.8L CT18E, and a 4-speed slushbox automatic transmission.

The Aria became popular in tuner culture, as the CT-series engine is known well for its forged internals and Japanese solidity. Turbocharge the world. Lots of spoilers and body kits are on offer at your local O’Reilly autoparts store.
It’s also fairly well known to the Aria community that the 2.0L turbocharger from the Levara can be stuck into the engine bay, and some go as far as swapping the Toreer engine. Nothing quite like 270 horsepower without modifying the suspension!

I’d like to apologize for the lack of Hokuto content. I know it’s not much, but I put a solid amount of effort into these. I’d like to start posting more Hokuto, but with 3 brands and another on the way, autoshows, various challenges, and most importantly schoolwork, I don’t do much Hokuto anymore. Fear not however, it will live on for sure! I have tons of plans for HHI and cool stuff for KaMoCo as well, so stay tuned! (haha tuned, like the Aria above)

12 Likes

For those who favored the brute force of a turbo over the precision of normal aspiration, the Hokuto Aria would have been a good choice for entry-level events in either of the first two Gran Turismo games - it would have been a great competitor to the Tanaka Aventis and other small hatchbacks of the era!

I really like the overall design, I also love the name lol
Anyways, keep up the good work!

Hokuto Ayuma (2nd generation)

Rest in peace, my prettiest CSR entry yet

It's no gorgeous supercar, but I do quite like my vans. Have a look, Sharon!

The second generation North American market Ayuma was first introduced as a 1998 model mainly for North America between 1997 and 2004 — and exported to Japan as the M7 between 1999 and 2004.

Features and Equipment
By its second generation, the Ayuma was considerably larger than its predecessor and more simple to better compete with American market vans at the time, with simpler front strut suspension in place of upper and lower control arm front suspension of the 1993-1997 model, and an optional 210 hp (157 kW) V6 engine, along with the original 5-cylinder model.

There were only three trims available to help keep speccing and buying a car more simple – CL, CLE, and CXE. The Ayuma offered two sliding doors as standard equipment, whereas some minivans of the time only offered one, a second door being optional. It also offered for those doors to be power operated, if you paid extra on CLE or CXE trims.

The van continued to receive upgrades, such as offering both VHS and DVD-based entertainment systems. Navigation was teased with a conceptual refresh in 2003, however that never came to be, and the third generation was released in 2005.

Engines

The Ayuma carries on with the same two engines offered in the first generation, however a 3.0L V6 was added as an option. The VE30E was one of the first VE-Series engines, introduced brand new in 1998, featuring 24-valves with some overhead cams. A first-in-class 5-speed automatic paired each engine to the front wheels, and came with varying final drive ratios depending on each engine.

Engine Power Torque Fuel Economy
2.3L "GL23E" Inline-5 141 hp at 6200 rpm 148 lb·ft (201 nm) at 4000 rpm 24/30 MPG (US)
2.7L "GL27E" Inline-5 162 hp at 6200 rpm 171 lb·ft (237 nm) at 4000 rpm 22/28 MPG (US)
3.0L "VE30E" V6 197 hp at 5900 rpm 201 lb⋅ft (272 nm) at 4100 rpm 19/26 MPG(US)

10 Likes

What a shame this couldn’t enter the CSR since you’ve really nailed down the design with this body, the blacked out d-pillar looks really distinctive! But hey, there’s always next time

1 Like

When drunk that car can fit over 50 of your friends and family members; nice design nonetheless!

Why on earth was it not entered in CSR 98? A manual-transmission trim of this MPV would have been a finalist at the very least…

What is old…

…becomes new again.

Lore redo coming soon. We’re gonna try the Fiasco one more time.

9 Likes
The Fiasco committed self-deletus so here, let's hype this!

80s Hoktuo is coming when I get around to it! Love y’all!

18 Likes

Looking superb! This is near MGR tier stuff man

2 Likes

The First Gen. Hokuto Excella (1989 – 1995)

This new formatting stuff is complicated.

The Excella was a new model introduced in February 1988 and launched in late 1988 for the 1989 model year. Development began in 1984 under the same wing as the next generation Levara, with the design phase concluding in 1987 with internal approval of the final design. Design patents were filed in February 1987. Built in the same plant as the Levara, the Excella was based on a stretched Levara platform featuring a 2.5L CR25E V6 engine making 148 hp and 155 lb⋅ft (210 N⋅m) of torque.

On the exterior, the Excella shared similar Hokuto styling and as its stablemates, but had a more prominent grille, bigger tail lights, chrome trim, frameless windows, and distinct wheel design, along with the unique slight wheel skirt along the back. The logic behind this was to make the car look bigger and roomier than it really was, to target their customers’ age group, and go after Cadillac.

Inside the cabin, the Excella featured a six-speaker Pioneer sound system, genuine wood trim, one-touch power windows, and leather seats. It also could be optioned with keyless entry, a handy feature for the old people customer base. A four-speed automatic transmission was the only one offered.

A new suspension setup was designed, with front independent MacPherson strut, and double wishbone rear, helping to ensure not only a smooth ride, but a surprisingly lively chassis. Unfortunately, it also had some added weight compared to the Levara, amounting to nearly 300 lb. Much of this is due to increased dimensions, asphalt insulation in the body panels and additional on-board equipment. As with its siblings, anti-lock brakes were standard.

19 Likes

Wow that looks absolutely stellar, especially the 'shop! And great job formatting the post!

Hey thanks!! One of the designs I’m more proud of. I’ve gotten good at details that matter I think lol. I work at a grocery store and walk around a zillion parked cars, and have taken notice of the details on each one and it’s given me a third eye on stuff

2 Likes

Like the formatting and the car!
Also, how did u make the hood indent and the folds at the bottom of the car?

The hood indent is done through one of the side vent mods, flipped sideways and made larger. Could you elaborate about what you mean by “the folds at the bottom?” Maybe screenshot and circle?