The Old 'Kuto Thread

I have an itty-bitty crush on kei cars now. But I don’t know how to make them.

I gave it a shot though.

Hokuto Loki!

Powered by a CVT and a 660cc 55 horsepower LA 3-cylinder engine, this is the perfect city car. It scores 45 mpg and gets to 100 km/h in 18 seconds! We’ll gloss over that though.

If anyone can help me with that, I’d appreciate it haha.

But look at how cute it is!

16 Likes

How could such a small car share its name with a Norse god? Anyway, it should be a highly competitive Kei car, and it looks decent inside and out.

1 Like

Wikipedia: “in Norse mythology, which some scholars have described as that of a trickster god”…
So, it works.

2 Likes

The correct name is loli haha

4 Likes

ahem I understand a name change is in order then

1 Like

The 2016 Futaba - America’s Favorite SUV Since 2001

Introduced in 2015 for the 2016 model year, the third generation Futaba made its debut at the Chicago Auto Show. Featuring a new chassis design, more aluminum use, a longer wheelbase and shorter overall length, reviewers noted it’s even more generous interior room and smoother ride.

It’s currently available in 3 trims - CL, CLE and CXE. The standard drivetrain is a 3.6L VE-series V6, an 8-speed Aisin automatic and FWD. AWD is optional, and both setups come with an electronic differential system.

The 2016 Futaba debuted a lot of forward motion for Hokuto in terms of technology and design. Higher quality materials make up the interior, and the present version of HUE (Hokuto User Experience) graces the center console.

A mild facelift is expected by 2020.

More Pictures (because i'm pretty happy how this turned out)

19 Likes

Very nice design!

Although, I think it would look a liiittle more modern with a black C-pillar.

Black C-pillar

2 Likes

Thank you! The C-pillar is definitely planned for the refresh! I may only do partially though, similar to this :wink: image

2 Likes

Hokuto Automotive now has an Instagram page!

Click here to visit and follow!

9 Likes

That’s a great idea! I should do that too…

1 Like

Beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Happy Holidays from Hokuto!

We wish you all the best of times!

Here’s our gift to you, a little teaser for something that we may be bringing to Europe and North America soon!

10 Likes

Daihatsu Thor reference?

1 Like

Dude, the SUV’s design is great.

2 Likes

Yeah, especially the rear

1 Like

@asami Yes is absolutely is a reference to the Daihatsu Thor :joy:

@F12OM Thank you!! If you like this, you’ll love some of the stuff I’ve got coming next. A lot of modern Hokuto will follow that design language :wink:

2 Likes

I hope Harada’s North American design language isn’t too similar :joy:

2018 Harada Crest (USDM)

definitely not!

4 Likes

…I can’t even tell if that’s sarcastic or not :joy: (car looks good though)

it’s not haha. maybe make harada a little different, but i’d say the two are separate

1 Like