The Old 'Kuto Thread

I hope Harada’s North American design language isn’t too similar :joy:

2018 Harada Crest (USDM)

definitely not!

4 Likes

…I can’t even tell if that’s sarcastic or not :joy: (car looks good though)

it’s not haha. maybe make harada a little different, but i’d say the two are separate

1 Like

Yeah, most Japanese car styles look similar anyway, other USDM Harada models have angled headlights, so that could be the differentiating factor

Recent lore time!

2012-present Hokuto Ayuma (USDM)

The fourth generation Ayuma was introduced at the LA Auto show in 2011 for the 2012 model year. As an upgrade from the previous generation, the transmission gained an extra gear, and the engine recieved direct injection. The body and interior were also all new, featuring segment firsts such as a vacuum stored behind the third row seats.

Trim levels have been the same since introduction - CL, CLE, CXE and CSE. Pricing starts at $31,000 USD. This is also the first full-size MPV entry from Hokuto in other markets as well, such as Japan, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

For the 2018 model year, the Ayuma recieved a facelift (such as the model depicted here) to follow the direction of the most recent Futaba. It also brought an optional electronically-controlled AWD system and the same 8-speed Aisin automatic as found in the Futaba. However, the Ayuma carries the larger VE37D 3.7L V6 putting out 300 hp, making it the most powerful minivan on the US market while still achieving over 20 MPG combined.

A Weeb's Town & Country :)

10 Likes

You’ve somehow made an early 2000s body look gorgeous, simply beautiful for a minivan

1 Like

Would be a really nice competitor to my Ursula F5, just saying.

2 Likes

Is the F5 like a Toyota Crown or Lexus GS?

2 Likes

Really really nice design! Good balance between striking and sober :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s more like the competitor of the GS, although the F5 is more Audi/Merc-inspired.

1 Like

Perfect! Yep, the Sakuta and Sakuta Shogun are based on the Toyota Crown and Crown Majesta respectively. Certainly a friendly comparison is in order once I publish some future content :wink:

1 Like

I’m struggling to disagree. It’s one of the best-looking cars ever to use that body, with a friendly, rather than showy, front end combined with a cohesive rear end. In fact, it makes me question the need for a crossover - sometimes, a minivan will do just fine.

2 Likes

Hokuto Heavy Industries announces the purchase new land and starts construction of new factories

KORIYAMA, JAPAN - Four days before press days occur at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan, USA, Hokuto Heavy Industries has announced the purchase of new land and construction of new factories.

What does this mean?
Currently, we only know that this is to build new cars. Two recent teasers from Hokuto at the NAIAS show images of new vehicles, and the first comes with the text ‘something big is coming.’ We can only assume that these new vehicles are going to require new factories for assembly.

Only time will tell - stay tuned to Detroit for more!

8 Likes

Some Small Updates

For those who care about this company teehee

So I’ve decided to go back to the original post for the 21st time (literally) and add hyperlinks to specific models. So that’s kinda neat. I’ll be updating that as I make more of the lineup itself.

Next, I have some questions.

I want to ask you guys what you want to see. My goal is to create some seriously cool stuff that you guys want to see, and I can’t do that if I don’t try to reach out. So for some feedback, what should I do? Finish the rest of the modern lineup? Or shall I put that on hold, and go and do some older models?

Next is Axuma! If you haven’t seen our exhibit the Detroit Autoshow yet, go check it out! I’ve been super excited to release this project, and I’ve been working out a bunch of realistic lore for platforms, engines and etc., and I’d love y’all to tell me what you think of it. And bonus, awesome Ben Folds song included in the presentation.

I’ll spare the writing here and just link you to the post. ReMeMbEr To LiKe CoMmEnT aNd sUbScRiBe!1!!

So please, let me know! Drop a suggestion. I’d love for there to be a happy community of Hokuto fans, and I’m more than happy to put in the work if y’all wanna see it. This is what I do for fun, after all!

iloveyou

I love y’all :sunny:

(donut media reference)

8 Likes

Ayy, Donut Media gang
Also, Axuma is a great rival to Rakuda, Harada’s premium/luxury brand, guess we’ve got a match with Axuma, Rakuda, and oh, is Auxuras in @Starfish94?

1 Like

I think some classics are in order! :wink:

4 Likes

7 Likes

From what I can see… :weary::ok_hand:

Also bokeh/10

2 Likes

Thank you :tired_face:

I may be able to show it off sooner than I thought, quality and quantity… school just got canceled :v:t2:

2 Likes