Thread Cancelled to UE4 Only

Ok, this is a really big improvement. Back is very nice, though I’d be minded to connect the badge with either the top or middle strip of chrome.

With regards to the front, drop the triple grille design. It almost never works on any car. To fix this, I’d seriously thin on the bottom grille, or try and combine the top and middle ones together. Headlights ought to be a bit smaller too for a 2017/18 car.

Otherwise, it’s easily your best design yet.

3 Likes

@abg7 @DeusExMackia how much do u think i improved? And ok the chrome can be removed

Considerably. Keep at it, designing cars is hard, and it certainly took me a long time to make anything that looked vaguely decent!

What are you guys ratings about the Galaxy? 1-10 and if you have any suggestions please comment

By far the best looking one is the LX-E economy. Basically replace all the other trims with that and youre on your way to making decent looking cars.

Edit: make the headlights slightly thinner and use the rear end of the SX-E

Also dont go overboard with the fixtures otherwise you’ll end up with a car that just looks obnoxious

Edit2: @Holts the DX trim looks bad. The grille is out of place and does not look coherent with the design. Stick to the LX-E.

Also, different trims dont need to look different. The SX-E also looks bad from the front so just use the LX-E as a base and move on from there

thanks to you guys help my cars can start looking better. i just looked at my other cars they were plain…

What do u think of the DX Trim
Edit: The SX is the last trim im still making it

There’s a difference between plain and nice, though some of it depends on opinion and sometimes it’s subtle. No matter how complex though, a good rule to follow is: can the eye easily follow a line and can it immediately pick out what is important to be seen? If the answer to both is yes, chances are it’ll look good.

@Dorifto_Dorito i thought there was always something that had to look diffrent on each trim. The sx-e has a v6 and cant be a base cause its a small suv and i thought the base needs a i4 but thanks!
Edit: so the sx-e is the best looking one?
Edit2: What can be better on the LX Trim

The whole double lower grille assembly is still looking a bit clunky due to the conflicting ‘lines’ that it generates, but it is getting better, yes. Try playing around with ideas to see how you can make multiple fixtures fit into a bigger overall shape so that the shapes don’t conflict.

The difference between trims in mass produced cars is often very subtle or even non-existent. It can even be simply the difference in material of certain bits or the addition of a lip, rarely the change of an entire bumper assembly as that would be costly. Consider the new Civic lineup, has a good 7 trims (VTi, VTi-S, VTi-L, RS, LX, Si, Type R) and the only one that looks seriously different would be the Type R, because it has a whole bunch of functional aerodynamics on it.

Which trim are you talking about? @strop

I’m speaking generally, but when it comes to the double lower grille stuff, the DX and the SX-E do this more. The double grille thing on the LX-E economy flows but doesn’t have pleasant proportions (probably a bit too narrow, at least, in my opinion).

You appear to misunderstand me. The SX-E is not the best. It is in fact the worst looking out of the three you have. The LX-E is the best looking of all the three. Just slightly make the headlights slimmer and it should be fine.

SX Will have that its in production I Just released a sports car

Holts 500-4

0-60 in 3.3 Sec
1/4 in 11.10

500-4
                             $79560

Engine:
                 500-4: 500Hp; 350ft-lb; 16.54% 0.765lb/(hph) (VNS40F) V8 Flatplane
1 Like

the rear is honestly not bad. For the lower half you should look at how others do their designs for some ideas (you don’t have to outright copy them, but modern sports cars tend to have some degree of diffuser in their bodywork).

1 Like

I dont have diffusers. Cant find them :frowning: How is the front btw?

The front end looks menacing, but it deserves less chrome.

Edit: creating a diffuser using grille fixtures is easier than you think…:slightly_smiling_face:

gotcha, net trim might have less chrome

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=662952191&searchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718948949&searchtext=