Thread Cancelled to UE4 Only

is that bad?

Yes. Very.

Tell me how and whats wrong? Is there some complaints or…

It means you’re putting less time effort into your car’s design, engineering, setup and overall presentation than most people spend in the turbocharger setup. Meaning your cars aren’t as good as they could be and you’re also spaming your thread with cars people will not be interested in, since they’ll know you don’t care much about making your car as good as you can.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Hello, CnCharger. Welcome back. I hope you bring new… oh wait… you’re not him…

In any case.

1. “Hate” is a strong word
  2. If you weren’t acting as a sweet buttercup you’d actually see that behind the “hate and compaints” are actual advice
  3. If you’re not trying to spend as much time as possible to make a car look good, it will never look good. Best designs in these forums took hours and sometimes days for people, just so their car looks just right, and not a quick mess of fixtures slapped together in half an hour. Hell, Turbo J, one of the best designers in Automation usually went through 4-5 CONCEPTS before settling on a final car design, and his cars looked AMAZING as a result. One of my cars for example was HALF A YEAR in constant tinkering and changes for a few hours every week, before I settled on a final design. You’re “not trying to spend much time on cars” and “trying to make your cars better as much as possible” is something that can’t go together.

Cheers.

5 Likes

and you say i make cars very fast but the cars were already made all i had to do was crop the photo and name it those cars were made already. exept the dubai

To expand a bit:

• We tend to be pretty honest and blunt with our words here. If we like something we will say so, but if we think it could be better, we will also say so. No pretending to like something!
  • We all love cars, so we have really strong opinions on what cars are, look like and what works.
  • Many of us spend a very long time on making a car that we would show to other people. Why? For a few reasons:
  1. It takes a long time to work out how the fixtures work together to create the look we want.
  2. We like to create a sense of a story and realism behind the car.

I know it’s a game where you can do what you want however you want etc. and that’s fine if you’re just making stuff for yourself. But when you post the cars on a forum, you’re opening up to judgement by our standards, and as I explained above, that means measuring your cars against what we think is good on the forum. So how do you get compliments on your car? Take your time. Have patience. Do some research on the car design and make a plan about what your company and your cars will actually mean. It actually does take some of us several months to fiddle and adjust until we’re happy because we care that much.

So we aren’t all that impressed if we see something that looks like it was slapped together very hastily. Your main problem on this count is that you’re using fixtures in places that don’t sit well and so it looks off. Look at how others do it and you’ll hopefully see what we mean.

5 Likes

That is some serious presentation effort though.
Yeah, in case you didn’t figure it out yet, presentation is extremely important, and cropping the photo is not a good way to do it.

1 Like

then the menu and stuff will be at the bottom of the photo i crop it so that wont be in the way. I do not know how to photoshop and other. So i crop it and show the car the best way i can

@strop i have seen other cars it looks like just fixtures just been put on and moved and sized. So i did the same but in my own way so i dont copy other designs. What am i supposed to do i did the best i can with these cars.Ive tried adding fixtures but that didnt work so all i did is find the right grille and lights and vents. and sized them to make it look the best that it can be

Sorry for being as blunt as a brick in your previous thread regarding your designs.

As far as I can see looking at the stats you give, internally, your cars appear to be decent. No quality spam to be seen, so thats good. Its just that design wise, your cars appear to have been cobbled together for the sake of posting something on the forum. You said earlier you didnt want to spend much time on making cars, so instead of spending a small amount of time designing many cars, you could spend that same amount of time making a single car that looks good.

N.B an easy way of making cars look somewhat presentable is by pressing ~ on the keyboard and typing HideBuildings(). It turns the background black making your cars look presentable for very little effort :wink:

2 Likes

That’s how all the cars in Automation are made, so this would be correct.

It is the manner in which you add or even combine fixtures that we are commenting on.

This is a subjective exercise, of course. Simply put, there’s two broad choices you have:

1. spend some time thinking about how you can make your cars look period correct and get more refined opinions on your designs
  2. continue to be fresh and unique but also generally incoherent and continue to receive the same response as you have now

That part is up to you, just as how we choose to react to your designs is up to us.

When i said i didnt want to spend too much time designing cars im not saying i dont care, what im saying is i dont want to spend alot of time designing one car. I try to get as many cars on the forum fast as possible and not rushing

Thats the problem though. As in life, its about quality not quantity. The best way to get on the forums is with good quality designs, not many different cars.

1 Like

@strop thats what i did on the Dubai, the first car on this page. I had some one say "there is to many vents. and the headlights are overlapped. i did that for design on the headlights. but it turned out to be bad i guess…

You appear to be attempting to understand something that will probably take months if not years, within a week.

In actual fact I don’t think anybody would object if you were to actually replicate the design of a real life car. That will give you lots of clues about how to work with the fixtures.

I’m not much of a designer, especially for newer cars but what I did to make my carsook at least presentable is start by trying to copy designs you like.

If you look at some of my older cars and still now this grille design comes up, there’s a reason and that’s because to learn automation I decided to copy a Polo. Why? It’s a simple design that it think is ok. Start by copying other designs and then add your own touch to the car, it’ll grow from there.

Another thing is that excess isn’t necessary, a simple design won’t set records but if you don’t care as much about the design part of the game then just make it simple and easy.

3 Likes

Holts Galaxy

DX

LX-E Economy

SX-E

SX

Galaxy Engines:
               DX: 180Hp; 200ft-lb; 36Mpg (HNS20) 2.0T I4
             LX-E: 128HP; 140ft-lb; 47Mpg (ENS14) 1.4T I4
             SX-E: 260HP; 309ft-lb; 31Mpg (EVS29) 2.9T V6
               SX: 285HP; 271ft-lb ; 25Mpg (NS38T)3.8T V6

Prices
                 DX: $16,885
               LX-E: $18,995
               SX-E: $22,100
                 SX:  23,122

Thanks to all the help i got it turned out to be better! Thanks for all you guys help!

3 Likes

This latest effort is not as crass as your earlier designs, but there is still too much chrome in places up front. Still, I might be tempted to consider it an improvement… Of sorts.