Guangzhou Huangdou Automotive Co. (广州红湖 - 黄豆)

Looks like a strange Corolla imo. Not bad looking but just strange.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2015-2019 Huangdou Shijie (世界) [OBSOLETE]

From 1979 to 2019, the Huangdou Shijie has been the company’s best-selling commuter; a rival to compact sedans such as Geely Emgrand’s 7. The 2019 model would continue the Shijie’s tradition of affordability, holding true to the front-strut, trailing-arm chassis of its prior years. The Shijie would weigh around 2900-3000 pounds.

Cu

The Cu trim would be the least expensive option, priced at around $15500. Powered by a 154-horsepower 1.6L turbo inline-4, the Cu was able to achieve a combined 48.0 mpg (US) while still managing to hit 60 mph in 8.7 seconds, adequately quick enough for the Asian markets.

The Shijie Cu came standard with 16-inch alloy wheels, yet threw away trim and filled vents in places where doing so would save money. Notable locations consist of the front and rear fascias. The grille was also significantly smaller than its top trim.

Equipment consisted of Huangdou’s base-trim 5.5-inch infotainment system, and a backup camera.

Au

The Au was the top-of-the-line trim, adding extra detail on the exterior to make the vehicle look a lot more premium than its humble $23000 price tag. 17-inch alloys would replace the generic 16-inch ones seen on the Cu, while a small lip spoiler was added to the rear. Parking sensors and radar cruise control were added as a standard option, with leatherette seats included in the package as well. Seat heating, a panoramic sunroof and an inexpensive aftermarket-like HUD infotainment system were options, which would raise the price tag of the car by no more than $2500.

Sport

(very shitty) Huangdou Sport x Jay Chou Advertisement

As per Huangdou tradition, such vehicle would not skip out on a sport variant, nor avoid the likelihood that it would be painted in the classic Huangdou soybean yellow. Alongside its special colour, the grille got larger and more aggressive, while doorhandles and wheels were painted black. The headlights and taillights had black housings.

The power was upped to 209 horses, while the transmission was switched from a 6-speed automatic to a 6-speed manual, taking the Sport trim to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds. A limited-slip differential was added, while 18-inch alloys in 205-width tires replaced the 17s of the Au. Such would take the Shijie Sport around corners at 1.08g.

Compromises in terms of comfort were made in order to save weight, as the Sport would revert back to the basic 5.5-inch infotainment of the base model, while its parking sensors would be stripped entirely. The Shijie sport would be priced around $20000, with the ability to option it out similarily to the Au.

SportX

The SportX would make the Sport model even crazier, with AWD replacing its FWD drivetrain, as well as a dual-clutch transmission substituting the stick. A 308-horsepower Jinhe-developed 2.2L inline-4 replaced the modest 1.6 and took the SportX to 60 mph in a whopping 4.7 seconds. 19-inch wheels wrapped in 225-width sport-compound tires threw the Shijie into corners at a maximum 1.11g. Like the Sport, the infotainment was the basic 5.5 inch system while backup sensors were nonexistent. However, such could be optioned in similarly to the Sport trim.

18 Likes

(very shitty) Huangdou Sport x Jay Chou Advertisement

Mr. Chou, I don’t feel so good… I don’t wanna go…

10 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Huangdou at the NAIAS

Coverage on the new CC and SC can be found here.

6 Likes

Made me think of Honghu, and how ready I would be to buy a Chinese car

3 Likes

Changes to Huangdou’s Design Language

To shift the brand towards a more Chinese aesthetic, Huangdou’s design language is going to shift abruptly towards a new style. More specifically, a style similar to Roewe, Trumpchi and Changan’s current design language.

Seen here. The new Huangdou Shijie look

The former Huangdou Shijie, originally set to release for Auto Shanghai

This is in regards to the current design language looking rather… well… I’ll let you decide. All in all, the Hyundai-inspired look has grown on me, and these changes were much needed to the brand, at least in my eyes. Besides that, enjoy your day :smiley:

20 Likes

2020 Huangdou Huixing Series

Incredible, more vans. Two 面包车 to be exact. The Huixing name specifically deals with the brand’s least expensive MPVs and microvans. Based heavily on the Wuling Hongguang, the original Huixing after nearly a decade has been refreshed, and a properly-sized MPV version of the same model has been introduced.

Huixing Classic

I’ll repeat it again because I love repeating this. 面包车 are everywhere in China, and are essential for a carmaker in the country that wishes to pander to the less affluent municipalities. That being, the original Huixing has been mildly refreshed, giving it a more modern look. Underneath, the Huixing has stuck to its inexpensive roots, with a naturally-aspirated 1.2-litre inline-4 bringing 84 horsepower to the rear wheels.

Tech and safety are barren, as expected. There’s no backup camera, hell, no screen. A single airbag is provided for the driver and the driver only. You might as well be grateful that it at least has a USB port.

Because of this, the Huixing is damn reliable, damn dependable, and bulletproof off the tarmac, just like how any 面包车 should be.

The Huixing Classic starts at ~$7500, or around 38 000 CNY.

Huixing Classic Gallery

Huixing XL

Admittedly, I may have reverse-engineered the shit out of a Hongguang to make this, but I have zero regrets. This is the Huixing XL. A humble 7-seat competitor to the… you guessed it… Wuling Hongguang. It fits a class under the renowned Starlight, and like the Huixing Classic, it’s rear-wheel-drive with a 5-speed manual. Unlike the Huixing Classic however, the rear suspension is a much more comfortable trailing arm instead of the utilitarian leaf spring. The engine is still a 1.2-litre jug, however a turbocharger has been fit on it for a respectable 122 horsepower.

The base-model XL is, as always, cheap. However, a higher-end Au trim was offered. Despite this, said trim did not include what you would typically see on the highest-end Huangdou trims. The seats were a faux leather, there was no HUD but a typical 8-inch head unit instead. The wheels were still 14 inches. You still had to unlock the vehicle with a key instead of a doorhandle button. The vehicle used halogen lights. Not a single daytime running light is an LED. Despite this, the Au manages to stay rather comfortable regardless.

Like the Huixing Classic, offroad ability is still not neglected. The Huixing XL sits much higher than other MPVs from Indonesia, Japan and the likes. And because of that, the Huixing is aimed to satisfy the transportation needs of China’s least affluent areas, where roads are red dirt trails and red dirt trails are bumpy messes.

The Huixing XL starts at $8500 and moves up to just around $15 500.

Huixing XL Gallery

23 Likes

Ur designs are awesome!

1 Like

I have no choice but to agree with you. Everything on this thread is rolling proof that a Chinese car company can design a car that, on looks alone, is a viable competitor to other Far Eastern brands, and even several Western ones as well.

2 Likes

2020 Huangdou Starlight

The company’s flagship MPV since the beginning of time.

Remember the Starlight from CSR92? Pretend that shit never existed. This is the canon version of said vehicle, tuned and redesigned to better reflect the brand’s design language.

Unlike the Huixing series MPVs, the Starlight is significantly better-equipped. The Huangdou Virtual Assistant & HUD system, as well as the safety shield are available, while safety and interior is much improved along the classes. Instead of using the 1.2-litre powerplant of the Huixing series, all Starlights use the 1.6-litre turbo 4 instead.

Despite having around 180 horsepower, the Starlight is rather sluggish like its cheaper Huixing brother, with a 0-60 time of 10 seconds flat (Sport model being the only exception, with a 0-60 time of 7.0 seconds). Handling dynamics and comfort is much more refined however, with its double wishbone/multilink setup.

The Huixing is sold in domestic, Southeast-Asian, East-Asian and some middle-eastern markets, starting at $17500 and moving its way up to $36600 (as estimated in-game). Plans to move the vehicle into North-American and European markets is unknown at the time.

Gallery

Cu Gallery

Ag Gallery

Au Gallery

Sport Gallery

22 Likes

Huangdou Galaxy Series

Coming soon.

25 Likes

I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE

3 Likes

1991 Huangdou GZHD6461/6471 Galaxy Vans (Formerly the GX-Series)

I honestly cba to write anything super descriptive anymore so here we go.

The Galaxy was originally called the GZHD6461; a cabover van with no other intention besides ferrying people and cargo around. It wasn’t very refined, it was pretty cheap, it didn’t even have airbags. The ride would be uncomfortable when unloaded, and the untreated body was very prone to rust. Despite this, the GZHD6461 was affordable, cheap to repair and reliable, which was all that mattered for these types of vans at the time. In fact, the van was so cheap that one would be able to replace one of the main sealed beams with the foglights at the bottom, leading to various sightings of GZHD6461 vans missing a fog light.

Trims

The vehicle came in trims based on length, as every van shared the same engine and powertrain. The GZHD6461 would be the shortest, coming in at 4.6 metres, with the GZHD6471 being the next step, with a length extended by roughly 10 centimetres.

Running gear

The GX was powered by a naturally aspirated 2.0 litre inline 4, sending 112 horsepower to the rear wheels. The van would hit 100 km/h around 11-12 seconds.

Uhh, I guess there was a 4x4 variant too.

I’m already getting bored. Here’s a panel van.

24 Likes

It honestly amazes me how a nearly 30-year old Chinese van can look so good. For what it is, it’s borderline beautiful and another example of an anazing design from you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2020 Huangdou Galaxy

The continuation to the classic van. Once again I really cba to write anything much on this, but here we go anyways.

The newest Huangdou Galaxy ditches the classic cabover design and replaces it with a more traditional van style. The newest Galaxy is a lot more of a modern touch, and less of a hack-job with its LED headlights and taillights, turbocharged engine choices, and… get this… alloy wheels! No more pulling foglights as headlight replacements, no more premature rusting, the newest Galaxy is a proper van now.

Trims

Like the oldest Galaxy, the newest rendition comes with various trim levels, with a “dually” version shown above dubbed ‘H’.

An L trim was offered for the new Galaxy as well, which had a shorter nose and rear overhang. This would make the Galaxy L significantly smaller than the regular Galaxy, allowing it to suit tighter spaces and the likes.

See? Pretty significant!

Running Gear

Am I already getting bored? Yes I am. I always get bored at this part. The Galaxy is, by default, a RWD vehicle with choices between Huangdou’s signature 1.6 litre inline-4, a larger 2.0 litre inline-4 or a 3 litre diesel, all turbocharged. Transmission choices ranged between a 6-speed manual or Huangdou’s older 6-speed automatic.

Trek

Yes there is an offroad variant. It has a folding table and more storage.

19 Likes

Amazing. There’s literally nothing else to say it’s just amazing.

1 Like

Huangdou Autoshow Revitalization Project: CC & Baolei

Coming soon.

13 Likes

2020 Huangdou CC

Can I just post the pics? HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Updated from its original rendition at the North American International Auto Show 2019 - #38 by yangx2, the new Huangdou CC now reflects the company’s newest design language.

Powertrain

I honestly get lazier by the day everytime I have to write these threads ugh. The CC is powered by engine choices ranging from a 1.5L inline 3 up to a 2.0 litre inline 4, all turbocharged. I honestly forgot my own stats but the power ranges from 150 horses from the 3 pot up to 200 in the 4 pot. The Sport made… power. Maybe around 260? I cba to check.

Speaking of the Sport…

Here it is! The 8 speed auto is replaced with a 7 speed DCT and it’s kinda fast.

Is it still loaded with tech?

Yeah! Look at this cruise radar! The Huangdou Virtual Assistant is standard, with an option-in HUD on the base models. That means the cheesy anime girl stays!

something like this garbage.

Base base model?

Absolutely. Here’s the GZHD7150 beside the livable base model Cu trim. The LEDs are replaced with one big halogen unit, while the DRLs and fogs are replaced with a single projector bulb as well.

It came with a 6 speed manual transmission, most of its safety tech was stripped, your infotainment screen was tiny, there was no center armrest in the rear, your liftgate was hydraulic instead of electric. The benefit? It was $6000 cheaper than the Cu trim. Like the Cu, it was powered by the 1.5L 3-pot, except it offered no other engine options.

Gallery

Might as well.

28 Likes