Hot hatches thread

Well the Impreza isn’t a hatchback, even if it’s hatchback sized. Neither is this. The difference is if the glass lifts up with the trunk, and if i’m right, it doesn’t here. So it’s a sedan.

The point is, this is still a hot-hatch competitor even if it isn’t exactly the same. Plus, besides the Impreza WRX and the Mitsubishi Evo who else has ever made a sporty small sedan?

Well… I think the creator of the thread can interpret its rules however he wishes :stuck_out_tongue:

I might be bending the rules a bit, but then I never said they were concrete, or that submissions had to specifically be hatchbacks, did I? It was only implied. I’ve accepted submissions that are more leaning towards crossovers, MPVs and coupes- this is just another new direction. This thread is about anything that could be talked about in the same vein as hot hatches, anything that fits that bill of being fairly cheap, practical and fun- it just so happens that many of them are hatchbacks.

I think the rule should be “If it could be in a Car and Driver hot hatch comparison test, it can be accepted.”

3 Likes

Alright, i just thought a sedan was weird in a hot hatches thread. But again you’re the creator, you make the rules.

I’ve edited the first post to make things a bit clearer than the title alone did.

That’s really what I was going for.

2 Likes

It could be a rival to lots of cars here, but this is a thread specifically for hot hatches, not for sedans that could compete with hot hatches.

@agj38 just change it to a liftback to end the drama.

Just please people stop being so rigorous when there’s no need to, then there’ll be no drama.

2 Likes

Alright :slight_smile:

Einvagen Club GTI by @Fenix4 . Berg Cup version by me. The hottest of the hatches have to enter this comp at least once in their life cycles.

Club_-_GTI_Berg_Cup.car (130.9 KB)

13 Likes

1983 Knightwick Cosmopolitan Turbo

The Cosmopolitan was first launched in 1980, the Turbo model debuting in 1982, taking the well proven 1.3 pushrod 4 cylinder engine and applying the latest in forced induction technology. The turbo is routed through a 2 barrel carburetor and uses an intercooler. Maximum power is 88bhp@5500rpm and the torque is 129NM@4200rpm.

The turbo has mechanical improvements over the standard car. The wheels are 13" alloys with 155/75 tyres. The front brakes are changed from solid discs to ventilated.

At the front a small lip spoiler is installed and a vented bumper is changed from the standard one. At the rear a rubber spoiler is positioned on the tail gate.

12 Likes

If the turbo was still available in 1985, I raise you the 1985 IP Urbana 1000 GTT. Maybe one of the main competitors to the Cosmopolitan, with its 84 hp turbo 1 litre engine and bold bodykit. An entry model into the hot hatch world.

9 Likes

made these a while back

im aware the floating roofs all look the same looolllloelelol (sry for spam)

12 Likes

The 1984 Kaze Kakeru TFO (The Fast One)

110hp 1.3L Turbo I3. ~780kg.

5 Likes

Reizei XHC-4

2002 – Reizei Heavy Industries

A XHC-4 meeting in Japan, featuring all of it’s available colors.

Originally a concept shown at the 2001 Tokyo Motor Show, the XHC-4 (eXperimental Hatchback Concept - 4th) entered in production in 2002. It was produced in only 1000 copies. It was available in White, Silver, Black, Blue, Red and Purple. The latter being the rarest color, with only 8 sold. Only 4 purple XHC-4s are on the road today, making it one of the rarest cars from Reizei Heavy Industries.

Starting price (in 2002): 4,843,000¥

Car file (built in latest openbeta patch): 2002_Reizei_XHC-4_-Production_Ver_(JP-spec).car (63.4 KB)

Drivetrain Specs

Top End – AlSi DOHC-24
Bottom End – AlSi 2.4L V6
Fuel System – Turbo Charger Multi Point EFI
Power – 267 hp @ 7500 RPM

Chassis Specs

Weight – 1500 kg (57% Front / 43% Rear)
Wheelbase / Length / Width – 2.58m / 4.03m / 1.74m
Suspension – Double Wishbone (Front & Rear)
Chassis / Panel Type – Galvanized Steel Monocoque / Treated Steel Panels

Performance Specs

0-100 km/h – 5.82 seconds
80-120 km/h – 3.53 seconds
Quarter Mile – 14.10 seconds
Top Speed – 273 km/h
100-0 km/h Braking Distance – 34.6 m
20m Radius Cornering Gs – 1.08 g
200m Radius Cornering Gs – 1.06 g
Fuel Economy – 28.1 mpg (US)

Gallery

9 Likes

The SMT 3-Series CityBack is hardly interesting, its just a slightly larger, slightly posher hatchback. But the difference is under the bonnet, this S328 trim has a 2.8l i6 pushing 314bhp to the rear wheels through a 6-Speed manual. It can do 0-60 in 5.5s, and better yet, this is merely the warm version. RS345 coming.

2 Likes

Ended up going with a 3.5l Turbo i6 rather than a 4.5l V8 of sorts, so here is the RS335 CityBack, also available in Saloon, Estate, and Liftback versions. 0-60 in 4 seconds dead, and on to a top speed of 187mph, this isn’t a car to be messed about. It features a 35F65R AWD setup to help tame its 481bhp.

2 Likes