Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

No problem, though I’m sure it was hard for @07cobaltgirl to allow OHC engines in a NASCAR race ;p

2 Likes

@nialloftara Damn skippy it was hard to allow OHC on a NASCAR challenge! I ALMOST limited it to TWO valves only, but…it was the 80s…when 3v engines really became the norm on the US roadways. I knew if I said no OHC period, it would automatically be the “one rule changed”, so I opted for only limiting valves. Of course, in the real NASCAR, they are still OHV only, even today!

@Darkshine5 No restrictions on chassis types what-so-ever, but steel can be any type of steel…no aluminium or fiberglass. Stock cars of the 80s were still welded bodies from actual cars, afaik. And there should really be an oval track choice! Oh, and thanks for eliminating turbos. I can’t believe I forgot that! I had it when i was typing the rules into here, but the Firefox crashed or something, so I wrote them up on a document and then copy/pasted them in here the second time.

Daytona Superspeedway is a thing.

1 Like

I also have done Charlotte Motor Speedway and I think I did Indianapolis Speedway too. But none of these were chosen for these challenges, and I think that is what Air Jordan was expressing. :slight_smile:

Let me rectify the non-oval situation, I always liked Daytona and shall add it to the tracks.

And the chassis can be galvanized and corrosion resistant?

Is it possible to make Daytona a flying lap, pretty please with a cherry on top?

yeah i can work on making it flying lap

Updated flying lap NASCAR Circuit for Daytona International Speedway can be found in OP here.

4 Likes

I thought AirJordan was picking the tracks. Anyway, thanks for making the flying lap and thanks to @Darkshine5 for including it.

I have precisely 0 spare minutes to work on this challenge, but I foresee something getting rescheduled.

1 Like

Yes yes exactly that!
So @Darkshine5 if Daytona flying is now part of this challenge than I would prefer switch diablo for daytona flying oval.

1 Like

Ok i will change the tracks to suit when next at my computer

1 Like

Well, he is picking the tracks, but not from all tracks. Only from the list of tracks in the OP, none of which were ovals.

1 Like

I tried to make a prototype, but I can’t sell it because of the fuel (super leaded), it isn’t available at the country, so I can’t fulfill the last rule.

/me scrolls back up to check rules…ACK!

Leaded fuel in 1985??? @Darkshine5 that is supposed to be Super UN-leaded (98 RON, not sure what AKI is). Leaded fuel was pretty much banned (for street use) everywhere in the late, late 70s…i don’t think you’ll ever get a car to sell in a region using it in 1985. I believe Gasmea bans it in 1979. Can you fix that? See what happens when I get rushed? All of these “Oh fuck!” moments. :smiley:

4 Likes

i was gonna say, to get 100 in any category with leaded fuel is impossible

Though I think NASCAR did still used leaded till the last decade, so that’s canon at least, if not practical.

Yes, but unlike modern NASCAR, these have to be saleable to the public, so it is a challenge-lbreaking rule in this challenge. It needs to be unleaded, as all of the regions will reject the leaded fuel use by 1985 in the game.

If australia was available we had leaded fuel up to 1995 i think

Actually, they mandated unleaded fuel around 1985/6. And due to Gasmea having done so in 1979, you should revise the rules to reflect this.

Edit: Around 1985/6 was not when unleaded fuel was mandated, but when local manufacturers began to adapt to it. And a quick look in the sandbox reveals that premium unleaded (95RON) was the highest grade of unleaded fuel available at the time. Super unleaded (98RON), however, is not unlocked until around 1990 in the sandbox.

https://www.environment.gov.au/node/13512

We were both wrong 2002 was the end of sale of leaded fuel in Australia.
Rules will be amended

can i join?

Yes, don’t even have to ask :smile:
If you have questions on the requirements, do ask.
Make sure to run the open beta.
@MitsubishiFan

2 Likes