Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

Of course, that is a Blue Flame 235ci OHV straight-six made famous by the 1953-54 Chevrolet Corvette! In 1948, however, it wasn’t quite ready to fulfill it’s destiny, as it wouldn’t see production in a car until 1950. It was ripped straight from a 3100 pickup and tossed into a Fleetline Deluxe Coupe for the rodding event. I am a little curious what my times were, as the ones posted for the tracks seem to be the Crook Runner’s times.

4 Likes

oops sorry I wrote down the times one after the other in my notepad apologies I have now rectified.

Also everyone from now on there will be a limit to positive and negative slider points as well as the time span rules in the interest of fairness

1 Like

muh truck is mid pack

2 in a row ha :slight_smile: well my champ pick is Deluxe Sport and I’m giving away ruleset to
a) race master
b) second fastest
c) champions pick (switch so I get a single rule and tracks)
You decide what’s the most fair.

I wouldn’t make it a hlc rule becaus this will make hcl too similar to that other hot lap challenge. If round champion feels like doing it than may be it. On the other hand limiting drivability and reliability and such also makes playing with q sliders hader. If you take this away, much of the magic of finetunning is gone

1 Like

I hereby give the rules design to @07CobaltGirl airjordan may select tracks as suggested.

And noted still thinking about rules but as always the community is boss

2 Likes

Wait…what do I do now, then?

Diablo Raceway destroyed me.

Congrats, @AirJordan!

Make rules.

You act like you have won the round ==> come up with new (probably american) rules and send them to Darkshine and when the results come up you pick whichever car you liked the most. That’s it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Darkshine5 didn’t you get my entry?
I miss my Village Express Hotrod. :frowning:

OK, it will probably take me a few days…how long do I have to get it done? And are there any restrictions to what I come up with? Specific years, or anything like that?

no restrictions on what you can come up with it’s all up to you, and 2-3days is the accepted turnover time

@CMT , no sorry but I did not receive a PM with your entry

I will need new rules ASAP please @07CobaltGirl

Sorry…worked yesterday…it’s been a busy week. I am working on it now, and will get you a rule set in a couple hours. It will be Stock Cars, since it was already suggested I do something American. :wink:

3 Likes

No worries just making certain you are alive and well.

A question for everybody…do we go to stable build while the new open build is fixing bugs?

I will go for stable

I would say definitely so. I was building a 60’s GT car that was not supposed to fit tyres wider than 155s, except I suddenly managed to fit 205s if my rims were 13", but if I increased rim size to 14", the tyres became 199mm wide.

Yeah, 199.

I will also continue to use the current stable release; from what I’ve seen, the various bugs are too much of a problem for me to opt back into the open beta.

That happens in the stable build sometimes as well, you can get quirky wheel spacings and tire width if you adjust other parameters that effect it or hit the hard limit of size.

I would prefer the Open Beta version, as I intend to be keeping it and do not wish to revert back. Generally any bugfixes tend to get fixed promptly because we have a fucking awesome group of Devs who are anxious for our feedback and in return anxious to make us happy, since that is what makes them happy! :smiley:

4 Likes