Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

/me scrolls back up to check rules…ACK!

Leaded fuel in 1985??? @Darkshine5 that is supposed to be Super UN-leaded (98 RON, not sure what AKI is). Leaded fuel was pretty much banned (for street use) everywhere in the late, late 70s…i don’t think you’ll ever get a car to sell in a region using it in 1985. I believe Gasmea bans it in 1979. Can you fix that? See what happens when I get rushed? All of these “Oh fuck!” moments. :smiley:

4 Likes

i was gonna say, to get 100 in any category with leaded fuel is impossible

Though I think NASCAR did still used leaded till the last decade, so that’s canon at least, if not practical.

Yes, but unlike modern NASCAR, these have to be saleable to the public, so it is a challenge-lbreaking rule in this challenge. It needs to be unleaded, as all of the regions will reject the leaded fuel use by 1985 in the game.

If australia was available we had leaded fuel up to 1995 i think

Actually, they mandated unleaded fuel around 1985/6. And due to Gasmea having done so in 1979, you should revise the rules to reflect this.

Edit: Around 1985/6 was not when unleaded fuel was mandated, but when local manufacturers began to adapt to it. And a quick look in the sandbox reveals that premium unleaded (95RON) was the highest grade of unleaded fuel available at the time. Super unleaded (98RON), however, is not unlocked until around 1990 in the sandbox.

https://www.environment.gov.au/node/13512

We were both wrong 2002 was the end of sale of leaded fuel in Australia.
Rules will be amended

can i join?

Yes, don’t even have to ask :smile:
If you have questions on the requirements, do ask.
Make sure to run the open beta.
@MitsubishiFan

2 Likes

Allright, thanks :smile:

I usually don’t bitch about the rules… So far I always managed to build more or less competitive entries while sticking to the OP’s requirements. This time I find myself unable to do so, and that’s why I must ask. Are you sure about the one above?

Using this body

http://imgur.com/4vx1wqE

I only managed to get this:

http://imgur.com/Dl3ukeq

2 Likes

It’s a pretty tough minimum requirement, but it’s doable. Focusing on the meeting the minimum and then tuning for quick lap times may be easier than designing a car for the fastest possible lap time and then trying to make it marketable. I was able to hit over 100 in the Fun Premium category while hopefully remaining competitive.

What body are you using? I wasn’t able to find it.

I have no idea what is the name of the body I’m using. I basically downloaded everything in the workshop. Also, thanks for the tip but I am not willing to build an entry the way you described. These days I have limited time on my hands I decided to build for fun, not for the sake of competing.

@lysambrias

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632881068&searchtext=

1 Like

OK I am going to make an executive decision and delete the 100% rule from this round as Radu points out it makes the challenge a chore, therefor I will remove it.

Edit: I have changed the rule to 25% markup with a 50 score in any category in gasmea

3 Likes

Thanks @Darkshine5. i think it’s a good call that will translate in a bigger number of competitors and a wide variety of cars.

Hold on, did you get the track working or not?
EDIT: nearly sniped and answered

I just finally tested the Daytona flying lap and was wondering if it is working correctly? My car is pulling 1.7 G but is only capable of 1.18g.

1 Like

I didn’t know that! Is the Cornering@250 supposed to show your max is? I don’t think so. I’ve had cars that do 1.1g on that stat get far higher in tracks.

Yes, I got the track working, apparently, something happened and the lua file was replaced by the zip file inside the track folder. My mistake.

To answer your other question @ramthecowy so far every car I’ve tried has gotten 1.7G in the corner. I’m in the process of testing more cars now.

Halfway through the 3rd turn all the cars slow down.

1 Like