Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

Replicating the Ecoboost power charts in automation will be very difficult if possible at all. I still like this idea.

1 Like

I just loved this idea! Of course Iā€™m going Ford. :wink:

Ugh. Turbo is not my strong suit. So long drivability.

We couldnā€™t just go for a 427 V8 showdown?

2 Likes

I did consider a coyote vs lt1 showdown but without a supercharged coyote its not worth it. And we have had a few v8 rounds time for something outside the boxā€¦or we could do 632 vs 557 bbc vs bbfā€¦if only we had nitrous oxide (makes no point for the campaign but wouldnt it be cool in sandbox)

1 Like

No engine tuning?
@Darkshine5 will you master this round? Otherwise please correct the OP and maybe include a warning on the bottom of the rules that cars should be send to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So we can tune it. What about bore/stroke? We canā€™t change, right?

2 Likes

5 Likes

Pickup trucks with ecoboost engines?

4 Likes

@ramthecowy With the news that the ranger is getting made in America again you can bet itā€™ll have either the 2.3 or 2.7 Ecoboost in the lineup somewhere

This sounds like an awesome pony car challenge, Mustang turbo vs Camaro RS, or build the sweet GM v6 hothatch that never was to go up against the focus rs. I think I might jump back in this round if I have the time.

3 Likes

Yeah, Fords sticking EcoBoost into everything.
Not that Iā€™m complaining aboutā€¦ the GT, for example. No, not at all :laughing:

Now if only they offered a N/A V8 option as prolificallyā€¦

Iā€™m not a fan of fewer cylinders, less displacement, and more boost.

1 Like

8 cylinders is great, always want much displacement (though I do put my limit at around 7.5L because 454 (from any generation) rocks! Andā€¦wellā€¦boost is goodā€¦can I have pulley boost though? Bring on the SUPERCHARGERS!

3 Likes

I canā€™t wait for superchargers!

1 Like

I suppose Iā€™m odd, then, because Iā€™ve never been a fan of power-adders. I prefer the pure grunt of all motor. However, I do prefer supercharged engines to turbocharged engines.

4 Likes

I like them all, it is, if they are in the car that they belong, like a V8 on a muscle, a V12 on a exotic, a 4 banger/I6 turbo on a japanese, a boxer on a Subaru, an aircooled on a Porsche/VW and a rotary on a Mazda. When things get mixed, them I donā€™t like, like a V8 in a S-chassis or a FD.
But where I live, V8s are too expensive, only rich people can afford one (even the old ones), so almost any modded car has a 4 cylinder or a I6 (usually Chevroletā€™s 4.1L/250ci), so the modding in engine is pretty much putting a turbo in it.

3 Likes

Yep you can do whateva you wish to the engine, ie modify bore/stroke change pistons compression timing fuel everything but you cant remove or add a turbocharger.

Done and done

ahh someone gets it

me either but I thought a entry level engine challenge would be interesting

If we had these (i am not complaining we have a campaign now) this would be a Miami (the Australian supercharged coyote) vs LT4

6 Likes

Allowing us to change the bore/stroke is essentially allowing us to create a whole new engine. Might as well be an NA V6 vs. Turbo 4 challenge instead of a specific engine. I think you should make the engines slightly bigger and turn down the variant size to the correct dimensions then only allow us to change the variant size. The head design should also remain a constant, 4V with VVL.

3 Likes

Change that to allowing a change of stroke only and this problem goes away!

2 Likes

Well the variant size was what I was referring to. You can make the bore stroke smaller but not larger than the real world sizes. Changing to a lower stroke is quite common amongst track engines, and you are not making a whole new engine you are modifying and engine block and head package as you would in reality. So I will amend the rules to change stroke only not bore size.

In other words the 2.3L turbo vs 2.6L na six was well tested by myself to check that one engine does not have a huge advantage over the other hence why the v6 cannot be turbocharged also why one engine has VVL and the other does not. And finally its a game and it is impossible to truly replicate theses engines (the exhaust manifold on both engines is actually part of the cylinder head and cannot be modified as well as the use of twin scroll turbo chargers and plastic intake manifolds.)

2 Likes

Presenting the 2016 Bogliq Coyote DK!!!

Uses the Ecoboost engine (go Ford!!!) and is made for those who wish to enjoy the curves every which way they like to take 'em!

4 Likes