Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

Can I use old bodies?

I think so, it could be a restomod

So, this is probably twice as heavy as most of the cars here, but I think itā€™s still pretty quick. DOHC Chevy V6 NA, so what can you really do with that? hahahahahahahahaha

4 Likes

Why was I so sure that you would use this body, @07CobaltGirl? hahaha
But it does look really good.

1 Like

Because, 'Murica! Fuck yeah!

hahahahahaha

4 Likes

Update:

CMT Kraftfahrzeuge GmbH decided to use its all-new 2015 Renegade hatchback. The ā€œGTā€ is no slug, but there is the gap for a sporty ā€œRSā€ model above, as the Renegade should have a sporty touch. It is supposed to be launched in 2016, and engineers try with Ford and Chevrolet engines at the moment, as CMT has too much downsized shit in its own engine lineup. I mean, the ā€œGTā€ comes with a 1700ccm engine, what is too small for this challenge. Although the Renegade was developed in the German headquarter, the US division is responsible for HLC as Australia is part of their responsibility. So no wonder they are going for Chevrolet and Ford, meanwhile some European managers preferred a BMW unit.

My entry is coming tomorrow! :slight_smile:

Butā€¦ stooooooop!
As the Renegade has all-aluminium monocoque body and multilink rear axle, the US team was unhappy again. ā€œThese Germans always exceed it. Why canā€™t they stop their overengineering?ā€
ā€œI donā€™t know. I guess we can do something with the Renegade anyway. The Double-Clutch gearbox is nice and bears a lot of power, the AWD system that is developed for this platform could also be of use. I would like to see a sporty coupe with the components they gave us.ā€
ā€œWell, we have a gap here. This could be a good seller as civillian variant with a detuned engine.ā€
So they phoned to the headquarter, where people with a terrible accent (see Lothar MatthƤus for more) told them that the car is permitted and should be launced in late 2016 for the '17 model year in the USA and Canada. If the car succeeds there, it will be sold worldwide.
So stay tuned what they build. The Picture of the Renegade has its sense anyway, because the upcoming entrant will stay in our design line.
A good thing, as the developement in the USA became smaller and smaller and was on the red list. Now, they have a task - and a future? Depends on how the car scoresā€¦ Remember the All-American Americana (yep, the name says it all)? This was a 100% US developement and performed more than just acceptable. Letā€™s get back to the old spirit. The chief engineer from 1985, Dave Watson, came back from retirement to lead the team to success. AHS space frame, steel with partial alu panels, DW all around, well, thatā€™s something that already existed back in '85, so Mr. Watson is familiar with it.

CMT. The Best Of Both Worlds.

4 Likes

Soā€¦ first prototypes are runningā€¦

I am astonished how close the engines actually are. The one has more torque, the other more horsepower, but the overall power delivered on the track is not that different.

Same for stats.

The technical base is taken from the Renegade AWD with a little simpler rear axle, space frame instead of monocoque and it has been stretched because the design should look like the larger Nexus premium sedan. Mercedes-Benz did it the same way with the CLK and it worked. So why shouldnā€™t we?

4 Likes

70h left

so far only accapeted entries from Nialloftara, 07CobaltGirl, lordvader1

Letā€™s go guys, step it up

Iā€™ ll enter tomorrow, my car is to 80% ready.
I guess its another average performer but well, it looks good enough and has enough body surface for sponsors. And itā€™s lacking a final check if its going with the rules. Remember: There is always something wrong with my carsā€¦

EDIT: Just wrote that and noticed I am using advanced safety. Nargh. If I change it to standard the driverā€™s trade union will cause trouble, but well, Iā€™ll always find a replacement coming from a low-wage country, so donā€™t worry.

Iā€™ll send mine at the weekend.
I need to have at least 75 pts from 100 at a exam from college saturday, so I canā€™t build anything until then :sweat:

3 Likes

Mine will be about 14 hrs away i gotta decide between the saratoga or the famas and i gotta sleep

1 Like

Real life legal competition > automation competition :sob:

2 Likes

good call, you got this!

I know I know, it was meant as a shout of encouragement :innocent:

Iā€™m sandbagging. Iā€™ll check over my car one more time before I submit anyway.

Wanting to get some on track data with the new SARATOGA a one off vehicle was created fitting the outer Saratoga body to the spec chassis.

We decided to go with the EcoBoost engine as we are great fans or the Ford product and we needed the extra time spent on engineering to familiarize our technicians with the inline 4 engine type.
The engine block was disassembled, cleaned and crack tested. We then bored out the cylinder bores and re-sleeved them to add structural integrity, we did not however change the bore or stroke.
After milling our own billet cranks shaft and billet light weight pistons and attached the two with titanium rods. The head was recast by DSD and the combustion chamber and valve sizes were increased along with the use of shim less buckets and billet camshafts utilizing a factory style VVT and fuel is kept up to the engine using both direct chamber fuel injection and port fuel injection with the port injection only working while under heavy boost loads. The turbocharger is a 60mm Precision Turbo and uses twin Turbosmart wastegates to control boost levels. The compressed air is sent into the water to air intercooler mounted on the passenger floor firewall before forcing its way into 4 60mm throttle bodies. The exhaust has been kept simple with the twin wastegates plumbed into a 4.5 inch dump pipe before exiting out thru the rear pillar mounted exhaust.

The car itself is a standard R+ from DSD Racing however the uni body has been modified to fit the spec space frame double wishbone chassis, the wheels, brakes and aero package is all what you would find on the factory Saratoga we have however retrofitted a rear seat and a small stereo as per the rules.

edit: just a heads up

7 Likes

CMT has just submitted their final car.
It is waaay heavier than the Saratoga and a real Gran Turismo, it offers large interior and a pleasant ride even in the HLC trim. Itā€™s your car when a BMW 6 series is too expensive. My car is going for a 285 kph top speed, which is well in the middle. Of course, the weight affects cornering, but the balance is nearlly perfect.

1 Like

Presenting the 2016 Bogliq Fox 230R!!!

Just in time to come last! :grin:

4 Likes

Just realized that I sent an elephant (BMW 6 class) on diet (under 10L consumption) into competitionā€¦

1 Like

Sooā€¦Ecoboost must be turbocharged and the chevy engine must remain NA? And can I use old bodies? @AirJordan

Any bodies you like, just make sure chassis is the same as stated in rules

1 Like