Hot Lap Challenge HLC round 7: wnb V8 SUPERCARS 15.11.2016, 12.00 (noon) CET

If it’s not in the rules, it’s allowed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want to do an 5000cc I3 sohc, it’s all ok :D, it’s more of (V8’ish) Supercar challenge.

1 Like

i think the vibrations would destroy the engine

And here’s my (revised) take on the wnb V8 Supercar

The Scarab Nova S5K (shaved off some grams and added ponies)

5 Likes

Here is mine. Only tested at 1 track, hopefully it wont suck at the other 2.

3 Likes

thats not a 1990-2010 body

3 Likes

@JohnWaldock is right. Using the game filters with the year set to 2010 and selecting sedan bodies, wheelbase between 2.5m and 3m, and then selecting last 20 years results in 9 bodies. That is not one of them @Nurburgring.

2 Likes

Here we have the Gamma Tinab Race Car road legal.

For you who don’t know, Tinab stands for: This Is Not A Bmw.

Hope I can be competitive again.

Edit 2: I revised this car 3 times, I hope it is alright now.

4 Likes

The rules state 4 door sedan @Nomade0013.

2 Likes

Thanks Wadlock and one85db. Ive changed the body and sent to AirJordan. Now its faster :sunny:

3 Likes

Dammit! I totally forgot (was to lazy to build a new car).
Thanks, @one85db!

2 Likes

They also state monocoque chassis but yours has space frame.

Oh yeah, @07CobaltGirl is right, @Nomade0013. You have also used a spaceframe chassis when the rules state monocoque. I guess it is better to find these things now than it is to find out after AirJordan has them.

2 Likes

Thanks to you both, @07CobaltGirl and @one85db! That’s what happens when you use an already existing car and just do some half hour modifications…

2 Likes

That is the very reason I build from scratch every round, I tried repurposing once and had the same problems. I know your pain.

3 Likes

Here is the DMA Antelope Silhouette, a version of the popular DMA Antelope adapted for circuit racing.

I originally wanted to use a smaller version of the body I eventually went with, but after realizing that it would give me excessive wheelspin, ended up choosing the larger version seen here.

5 Likes

Ok guys submissions are closed and I have an anoucment to make:
I’m stepping down from Racemaster position.
I got a new job plus still have some exams to finish which means much, much less automation time. Don’t worry, I’ll complete round 7 (it might look worse than last 2 rounds) but result will be here only someday this week.
Stay sharp :grin:

5 Likes

Congrats on the new job! we’ll still see you around so you won’t be forgotten :smile:

1 Like

Had a 95% Finished car…had no time today to submit it >.<. Had just a rough tuning until now, but the rest is okay.

Some small changes, found some more kw, this was the send in trim/engine

3 Likes

send it in

1 Like